Transfer Tweets - 2014/15 | Stay On Topic & No Blacklisted Tweets (see OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

That's pretty crazy.

Tbf he is being intentionally sensationalist because, even though they have not gone, players will leave firstly tomorrow and over the next twelve months. Players like Cleverley, Hernandez and Kagawa have some value and we are likely to recoup £30m from their sales. Then players like Valencia, Young, Nani and Fellaini alongside surprise sales over the next year will bring that figure down too. I have no doubt that in a couple of years our net spend will be around average because we will promote from within once we stabilize around third or fourth.
It was always going to be an expensive exercise to repair the damage that had been done by years of sustained poor business in the transfer market.

If it's actually from a source at a club (which I slightly doubt as the MEN know nothing) then it's more likely someone asked the source are United interested in the player, rather than the source, unprompted, proclaiming Uniteds disinterest in the player.

Hadn't seen that, but seems strange that you use that as a reason that United are actually in for him!
If it's actually from a source as a club (which I slightly doubt as the MEN know nothing) then it's more likely someone asked the source are United interested in the player, rather than the source, unprompted, proclaiming Uniteds disinterest in the player.

Well the journos were posting on Friday that we not in for Carvalho and Vidal. So strange out the blue his name popped up.

Exactly. And a player like a young Roy Keane alone, would be worth £60m+ in today's market.

Line up all our big buys under Fergie and adjust for inflation, and it'd blow the amount spent this window out the water.
This, I overlooked such an important fact. It could also be argued that had Fergie paid the going rate for top talents like Hazard, James and any of the midfielders that moved in the last four years of this reign we wouldn't be needing such an overhaul in one window.

Well the journos were posting on Friday that we not in for Carvalho and Vidal. So strange out the blue his name popped up.
well, at this very late stage, domestic transfers often seem more likely than foreign ones. So someone like Schneiderlin would be a better guess for a journo.

I haven't seen enough of him to know if i'd want him at Utd, i mean don't get me wrong we need centre midfielders but not sure if he's worth the £20m+ being suggested. I could be wrong though but i don't watch enough of Southampton to make a call on this.
He's definitely worth it, seen a fair amount of him and even when playing in the chaos of League one he oozed quality. Id probably go as far to say he's the best defensive midfielder in the league right now.

Agree, especially now with Blind on board. Blind will take the defensive midfield-spot for now, then he and Carrick will compete for it, I reckon...
If we persist with the 3-5-2, I'd earmark Carrick to be the middle CB in the back 3 when he comes back.

Shaw's injury situation might also see Blind used at LB more than expected, so there's a chance all 3 could feature in the same lineup without much fuss.

There's also a need for depth - the further the likes of Fletcher, Fellaini and Anderson are away from the bench, the better.

If we persist with the 3-5-2, I'd earmark Carrick to be the middle CB in the back 3 when he comes back.

Shaw's injury situation might also see Blind used at LB more than expected, so there's a chance all 3 could feature in the same lineup without much fuss.

There's also a need for depth - the further the likes of Fletcher, Fellaini and Anderson are away from the bench, the better.

Sorry but that would be horrific, Michael isnt great defensively and he'd be another slow center back to the already slow defence we already have.

Seems like United don't want the fans to expect anymore signings. The Vidal and Carvalho links were shot down a few days ago and now Schneiderlin.

Nah, that tweet was posted on Friday, when all the journos were debunking Carvalho and Vidal. Which I found strange as we were never linked with him.

Could work, he has superior passing skills compared to the other center backs. But one BIG question mark. his pace is horrific. But in a back 3 it could wokr of we play 2 rather quick (Jones and Rojo) on either side of him.
But I do hope we abandon the back 3 soon...

Pretty stupid to just be going in for Schneiderlin if it's true, SAFC won't make it easy like Blind. If it happens I expect it'd be at about 10m more than what would be considered a fair price for him.

Every journo was reporting Carvalho and Vidal denials as they were heavily linked.

Why would we randomly deny Schneiderlin interest to MEN only without even being linked to him really.

Every journo was reporting Carvalho and Vidal denials as they were heavily linked.

Why would we randomly deny Schneiderlin interest to MEN only without even being linked to him really.

The odds on him joining United shortened loads that day, someone probably asked because of that.

Why do you not think this was in response to a question from a journo rather than some kind of unprompted statement from the club?

If the Blind deal is completed today, it wouldn't surprise me if there is a line in the statement from the club or quotes from van Gaal to say that incoming business is done for the summer, if that is indeed the case.

If not, then we might well be chasing one more.

When was the last time we officially confirmed anything on a saturday or sunday? We can't do that with the stock exchange in mind I suppose.

Sorry but that would be horrific, Michael isnt great defensively and he'd be another slow center back to the already slow defence we already have.
Not what I'd like to see either, but LVG loves passers out of the back and he'll even sacrifice defensive solidity for it in favour of putting the opposition on the back foot.

Carrick's also a hell of a lot quicker than Hummels, who we would have signed if he was up for it, so I'm not sure LVG values pace over those passing qualities, either, as he'd prefer the middle CB to be a sweeper with the two CB's acting as a pacey tandem behind him when necessary.
Could work, he has superior passing skills compared to the other center backs. But one BIG question mark. his pace is horrific. But in a back 3 it could wokr of we play 2 rather quick (Jones and Rojo) on either side of him.
But I do hope we abandon the back 3 soon...
you and me both.

That's a cracking deal for Dortmund and a ducking shit deal for us.

It is? He's clearly a good footballer but he's shown very little in the last two years to warrant a high price. I like him, I think he's a good player but he's just not made it here for one reason or another and we're in no position to demand anything, it's well known we're trying to trim the squad. Cest la vie, we're letting him go where he wants.

If the Blind deal is completed today, it wouldn't surprise me if there is a line in the statement from the club or quotes from van Gaal to say that incoming business is done for the summer, if that is indeed the case.

If not, then we might well be chasing one more.

If my Dad's sibling hasa cock then he's my uncle, if not then it's my auntie.

The odds on him joining United shortened loads that day, someone probably asked because of that.

Why do you not think this was in response to a question from a journo rather than some kind of unprompted statement from the club?

I think the Carvalho and Vidal stuff was briefed from the clubs side rather than someone answering questions as such. Or else everyone would have asked about Blind and then said it was imminent when not denied. That's a slippery slope if club starts to answer questions as such which they don't want too.

You'd think naming a football club would be one of the first things the founding members would have done. Doesn't sound very professional at all, I'd be very wary dealing with them.

Hasn't he heard of a telephone? No need to get on a plane every time you want to speak to someone abroad.

Status
Not open for further replies.