Transfer Tweets - 2014/15 | Stay On Topic & No Blacklisted Tweets (see OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cheech is off to sign for the club he is flying too. His agent would have agreed terms already and had discussions and we wouldn't have allowed him without terms for us being close.

Farewell to Chich, gave the club some great moments. The goal after 36 seconds against Chelsea in the title decider, the late winner against Everton at Old Trafford, another late winner against Chelsea at Stamford Bridge. He's like Solskjaer-lite for me, will always have fond memories of his time here.

Kagawa? Talented player but yeah whatever.

Farewell to Chich, gave the club some great moments. The goal after 36 seconds against Chelsea in the title decider, the late winner against Everton at Old Trafford, another late winner against Chelsea at Stamford Bridge. He's like Solskjaer-lite for me, will always have fond memories of his time here.

Kagawa? Talented player but yeah whatever.

I will miss both

Thats a shit stat though. Keane cost something like 3,75 mil and was a transfer record back then.
Many responses to that post. Obviously inflation comes into it but still, Fergie did manage us up until 2013. The fact that we've had almost as big a net spend in six weeks as he had in 21 years is pretty incredible whichever way you spin it.

Many responses to that post. Obviously inflation comes into it but still, Fergie did manage us up until 2013. The fact that we've had almost as big a net spend in six weeks as he had in 21 years is pretty incredible whichever way you spin it.

No denying that we have spent loads recently. No denying that Fergie had fantastic net spent. Waht im saying is that Castles compared apples to oranges.

That's pretty crazy.

Well Fergie sold Ronaldo for 80m, Beckham for 25m, etc, players were cheaper back in those days and Fergie had the benefit of having Giggs, Scholes, etc who were free. That would account for the difference easily.

If you look at the amount that other clubs are spending, we are no different.

And look where the lack of transfers near the end has us? When we sold CR7, we should have been spending that money on replacements.

Well Fergie sold Ronaldo for 80m, Beckham for 25m, etc, players were cheaper back in those days and Fergie had the benefit of having Giggs, Scholes, etc who were free. That would account for the difference easily.

If you look at the amount that other clubs are spending, we are no different.
Again, I'm not saying there's anything particularly wrong with it, our spending this year is a result of years of underinvestment. Just thought it was a pretty unbelievable stat.

Same answer to @revel911

Thats a shit stat though. Keane cost something like 3,75 mil and was a transfer record back then.

Don't expect Duncan Castles to come up with anything decent, the guy is a shite stirrer and the worst ABU you can imagine. Can't expect him to do his job properly and doing thorough research, it all has to be sensationalism.

Would Fergie have signed a player of Keane's calibre for £1m in today's market ?

The reporter earlier saying Hernandez was on a plane, I think this maybe reaffirms it?

No falcao but if true Good signing for real tbh. Cheaper and offers a different option as a sub.

Plus will sell shirts.

No falcao but if true Good signing for real tbh. Cheaper and offers a different option as a sub.

Plus will sell shirts.
https://twitter.com/CH14_ Chicha has 4m followers, all Mexican fans. He is 3rd starter for Man utd and is 2nd starter for Mexico.

I don;t think he will bought for that to be honest, Hernandez is a very good poacher and Ancelloti would know about that. He knows he will get the team goals like he did with us. People seem to forget all the late goals Chicha has given this team.

Think Reus next summer

Bet my bottom dollar he'll be a Bayern player this time next year, I'd put my house on it, they always do this, hoovering up the German talent, Hasn't beckenbauer already commented publicily of being aware of his buyout release next summer? :boring:

Kicker reporter.

I can't believe we've got rid of Shinji ahead of dross like Young, Valencia etc.... Although I can understand why with LVG insistent on playing this 3-5-2 formation coupled with injuries it's been a blessing in disguise for that pair as their the only ones available capable of playing the wing back role. I still think we should have kept hold of Kagawa though, he's the type of squad player a club like United should have quality wise being on par or just slightly less than the first team starter. I mean look at yesterday when Di Maria was subbed off for Anderson...Anderson?? I mean what a fecking dip in quality that is....smh

https://twitter.com/CH14_ Chicha has 4m followers, all Mexican fans. He is 3rd starter for Man utd and is 2nd starter for Mexico.

I don;t think he will bought for that to be honest, Hernandez is a very good poacher and Ancelloti would know about that. He knows he will get the team goals like he did with us. People seem to forget all the late goals Chicha has given this team.
The Mexican Inzaghi :angel:

Bet my bottom dollar he'll be a Bayern player this time next year, I'd put my house on it, they always do this, hoovering up the German talent, Hasn't beckenbauer already commented publicily of being aware of his buyout release next summer? :boring:

I'm not so sure about that. Reus has stronger ties to Dortmund than both Gotze and Lewandowski had. I can see him moving abroad if he does move next summer (which I think he will). I would love it if we can sign him but we need to be playing CL football next summer to have any chance.

That's pretty crazy.

Doesn't take inflation into account at all. Signings like Keane, Rio, Rooney, Veron etc were all "mega-signings" but compared to today's fees, it's peanuts due to the proliferation of sugar daddy clubs and meteoric rise in TV revenue.

Plus Duncan Castles is a well known ABU and cnut.

I just don't understand why anyone bothers with his tweets. They strike me as pointless and mildly ABUish.
Erm, he has a unique strategy: Liverpool, Chelsea, Arsenal, Man city fans would click on links that 'take the piss' out of united. That has clicks on it's own. Everyone apart from United fans are ABUs. Secondly, Man utd click on links that has news that has got to do with them.

I haven't heard one link to good news about Man utd from that skin head. As it would mean less clicks because other fans won't click on the link.

Selling Hernandez to Real Madrid for 20 million euros would be a brilliant deal for us. Enough with the loan + option to buy to Juventus bullshit.

I'm not so sure about that. Reus has stronger ties to Dortmund than both Gotze and Lewandowski had. I can see him moving abroad if he does move next summer (which I think he will). I would love it if we can sign him but we need to be playing CL football next summer to have any chance.

I hope you're right, if only but for the Dortmund fans.

I can't believe we've got rid of Shinji ahead of dross like Young, Valencia etc.... Although I can understand why with LVG insistent on playing this 3-5-2 formation coupled with injuries it's been a blessing in disguise for that pair as their the only ones available capable of playing the wing back role. I still think we should have kept hold of Kagawa though, he's the type of squad player a club like United should have quality wise being on par or just slightly less than the first team starter. I mean look at yesterday when Di Maria was subbed off for Anderson...Anderson?? I mean what a fecking dip in quality that is....smh

Or maybe we're trying to get rid of them too but we just can't find buyers?

I think that. Was very easy to sell Shinji and Hernandez as they are big worldwide names. Probably top players too but it just hasn't worked out. Whereas it's pretty obvious Young and Valencia will be shit for us, or whoever else they go to.

20 million for Chicarito would be a great deal. I was expecting about 10.

Think it's more that kagawa is a much better player so it's not possible keeping him as a back up player for mata when he'd get consistent play time at other top clubs.
The likes of young and Valencia are fine with being squad players.

Status
Not open for further replies.