Transfer Tweets - 2014/15 | Stay On Topic & No Blacklisted Tweets (see OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://m.bbc.com/sport/football/28909835

Watching the end of that BBC interview, he was asked whether there would be anymore business before tuesday. Van Gaal answered: ''I don't know, I don't interfere with these matters. We will know on the 1st of september and you will know and the fans will know.''

Looks like his list of targets have not all been acquired yet by Woodward and that we are definitely hoping to get some more in... whether we succeed though is the question, seeing as clubs are loath to lose good players without time to buy.
I watched the post game interview on MUTV, not the press one. I am sure when asked he said we will have to wait and see. So that sounds like he isn't dismissing more signings.

Aye, if he's open to this after initially dismissing it, maybe he's open to switching to 4-3-3 after the international break, one can hope anyway.
I think he seriously wants to succeed here and will do what it takes to win the PL. It's a step in the right direction to bring back a coach that has been here for many years. I think LVG is willing to be more flexible than he has in his previous clubs. We shall see what happens regarding formations.

With all these new loan deal's going on because of FFP, why not loan him out? Only raises his price when we do sell him...

At that price we should Suarez their hand off. What did we pay for him? £5 or £6 million? Get him sold while we can I say he's gone to shit.

20 million euro is a pretty decent price. I'd sell right away.

Feel like he could really score a lot more though, look what he did in his first two season at EPL, the hardest league.. go to La Liga, I'd back him to oust Benzema, not a popular opinion, but he's a poacher, they have so much creativity he would get 30 a season I think... like £20-25m.. who knows... it certainly wouldn't decrease from €20m

:rolleyes: Sell him. Limited player. regressing. wages off books and profit made.

I suppose I don't agree.. Clearly Suaréz is better, but not sure what that's got to do with it.. I didn't tout a similar price..

You didn't baulk at him being worth €20m, but £20-25 you doubted after a full season under his belt which is about €25 to €30m so not much more.... that's laughable?

http://m.bbc.com/sport/football/28909835

Watching the end of that BBC interview, he was asked whether there would be anymore business before tuesday. Van Gaal answered: ''I don't know, I don't interfere with these matters. We will know on the 1st of september and you will know and the fans will know.''

Looks like his list of targets have not all been acquired yet by Woodward and that we are definitely hoping to get some more in... whether we succeed though is the question, seeing as clubs are loath to lose good players without time to buy.

I am confused by his comments here. How does he not interfere ? Surely he needs to be aware of what deal is where and if he wants to strengthen more positions then have multiple targets possibly.

Or maybe he has just told Woodie to get Vidal(1 player) now, but still should atleast know if it's likely to happen or not. He is used to working with Sporting directors and DOF's and that's showing there.

I am confused by his comments here. How does he not interfere ? Surely he needs to be aware of what deal is where and if he wants to strengthen more positions then have multiple targets possibly.

Or maybe he has just told Woodie to get Vidal(1 player) now, but still should atleast know if it's likely to happen or not. He is used to working with Sporting directors and DOF's and that's showing there.
It seems to me when he says things like that he is just batting back the question because he doesn't want to answer it.

I suppose I don't agree.. Clearly Suaréz is better, but not sure what that's got to do with it.. I didn't tout a similar price..

You didn't baulk at him being worth €20m, but £20-25 you doubted after a full season under his belt which is about €25 to €30m so not much more.... that's laughable?
:lol: he said "Suarez their hand off",.meaning "bite their hand off"!

Seems pretty obvious in that interview that he would like one more player but it's in the hands of Woody.

Seems pretty obvious in that interview that he would like one more player but it's in the hands of Woody.

Yeah, but he should atleast be aware if that is happening or not. Still in the works or dead ?

Or he has told Woody to get 1 player and is now searching twitter for info ?

He could just say like Wenger i cannot say anything but i will be looking at the market till the last minute etc....but he makes it sound like it's not his decision altogether which i don't get. Will be interesting how Dynamic between him and Woody actually works because it seems he likes to leave more things out of his remit compared to SAF or even Moyes.

It seems to me when he says things like that he is just batting back the question because he doesn't want to answer it.

Fair point. Possibly.

This is a dead cert for me but it won't be easy to negotiate with Roma. Particularly with the insane prices quoted by Roma when LVG mentioned him in the presser pre-season.
You never know really. They quoted Benatia at 60 million euros and sold him for about 30, IIRC. But its a transfer that makes sense for us.

You never know really. They quoted Benatia at 60 million euros and sold him for about 30, IIRC. But its a transfer that makes sense for us.
Oh god yeah, once bitten and all that. LVG seems smitten with him and he's a good age to bring him in as well as he is still developing. Would be a great purchase and just what we are lacking, fingers crossed.

Everyone is saying SSN ran the Rene story but I'm watching it now and they haven't said anything.

He's already said that he will only buy players who will improve the team.

With that in mind, it's not unbelievable that he's given Woodward his list of players and it's those or nothing.

It also strengthens his hand if results don't go his way... "Well I am doing the best with what I have been given"

Status
Not open for further replies.