Transfer Tweets - 2014/15 | Stay On Topic & No Blacklisted Tweets (see OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Exactly so. Add in the money you've paid for Mata - yet another distraction from what should have been the priority spending areas - and it becomes even more ridiculous that United are still scratching around, in the dying days of this window, for a couple of top quality CMs - an area of the pitch which has long been by far your biggest weakness.

Those praising United's transfer dealings in this window so far are living in cloud-cuckoo land. I keep reading that Di Maria is going to be the magic solution to many of your problems - IMO this is just wishful thinking.

Totally agree with most of that. I do think Maria is in part an answer to a lot of our problems, however, we could have signed Ronaldo or Messi and it wouldnt sort us out for a top 4 spot. I see a couple of people saying we are actually well stocked in midfield and defence with the number we have, really? i have supported the club for over 30 years and forgetting DiMaria, Rojo and Herrera as they havent even played for us competitively yet I cant remember a squad of ours in my entire life in which we havent had a real genuine quality centre back or central midfielder in the side. There is a reason for this apparent cull, it doesnt matter if you have 30 centre backs, you arent well stocked if they arent good enough or havent proved themselves. Carrick is the only player in midfield who has warranted the shirt and I hav enever been his biggest fan. And not one centre back has (yes for many reasons) earned the right to wear the shirt and for me JOnes is the only one who I feel is definately good enough but he needs to play as a centre back and start proving his worth this year, otherwise he could be our version of Micah Richards, a fantastic looking youngster and athlete that never progressed.
We crave a quality central midfielder and centre back to give us a spine through the middle.

Ogden says Blind is a target and LvG is considering Strootman who is almost fit.

Ogden says Blind is a target and LvG is considering Strootman who is almost fit.

This guy is changing his mind daily, yesterday he said we were in for Vidal, then he said Carvaliho now Blind & Strootman...

Also, I know it doesn't matter a lot-but Blind will always know he was 2nd,3rd or even 4th choice. If LVG really wanted him (he knew about his qualities playing for Netherlands), he would of got him by now.

Also £20m is approx double his value in my opinion.

Last edited:
almost fit? fit to start light training, i thought it would be something like November where he would be match fit again?

This guy is changing his mind daily, yesterday he said we were in for Vidal, then he said Carvaliho now Blind & Strootman...

He was briefed along with other United connected journos. We seemingly briefed that we will move for Vidal but still had concerns over his knee. That now seems dead and we've since briefed it's a no go. Carvalho was an option but seems Sporting want too much, even for us. Not sure about Strootman but let's see if the usual click Ladyman, Daniel Taylor etc are on it too. Would be left field for sure

Also, I know it doesn't matter a lot-but Blind will always know he was 2nd,3rd or even 4th choice. If LVG really wanted him (he knew about his qualities playing for Netherlands), he would of got him by now.

Also £20 is approx double his value in my opinion.
Can't see him going for a tenner though mate.

I'd rather we get Pjanic that Strootman to be fair. :drool:

Only a loan - not as bad as the title suggests!

I'd rather we get Pjanic that Strootman to be fair. :drool:
A bit of a classy player but really not what we need right now. Strootman's grittiness and leadership is far more mandatory, as well as the fact he can play deeper.

Its the end of the transfer window, no time for nagging about the price..

And does anybody really think we'll get Strootman...

Look there are still good players to buy in the market. De Jong, Sandro for cheap solutions, if you want a class player just pay a bit more and get either Strootman or Witsel, but Blind is really not good. Why do you think he didn't start as a CM in the WC? Because he wasn't good enough to be that much better than De Guzman/De Jong in their respective position to play him there rather than at LWB, which is telling enough. If that's not telling enough, watch him against good opponents. Out of his depth at the highest level, good utility squad player.

Would be ironic if we were put off Vidal because of dodgy knees and ended up getting strongman who is still injured! I'd be quote happy if we get him in now, but surely the club will wait until Januaru to see how his knee holds up.

Look there are still good players to buy in the market. De Jong, Sandro for cheap solutions, if you want a class player just pay a bit more and get either Strootman or Witsel, but Blind is really not good. Why do you think he didn't start as a CM in the WC? Because he wasn't good enough to be that much better than De Guzman/De Jong in their respective position to play him there rather than at LWB, which is telling enough. If that's not telling enough, watch him against good opponents. Out of his depth at the highest level, good utility squad player.
Maybe he played as a lwb cause LVG like him better there?

How much of you him did you see to claim he isnt good against good oponnents etc?

De Jong, maybe we'll get him but as far as I know Sandro, Witsel and Strootman aren't available.

A bit of a classy player but really not what we need right now. Strootman's grittiness and leadership is far more mandatory, as well as the fact he can play deeper.

Fair enough but from what I've seen of Pjanic he's a bit of a tough cookie himself, especially for Bosnia where he often playing alongside Besic as a pivot in their midfield duo. Could also work extremely well as a member of the midfield 3 (this is an assumption I'm making because IMO 3-5-2 is only a stopgap measure and as soon as we get the requisite personnel Van Gaal will transition into his patented 4-3-3). A midfield of Herrera, Pjanic and Di Maria would be tremendous and very similar to Alonso, Modric, Di Maria. :D

Roma are going to add Rabiot to that midfield. They done a good job finding value for centre midfielders in the last year or so.
They'll well stocked in CM department, completely opposite to us.
Maybe they're getting the guy cause someone is leaving, cause they have about 6 or 7 midfielders right now.

Fair enough but from what I've seen of Pjanic he's a bit of a tough cookie himself, especially for Bosnia where he often playing alongside Besic as a pivot in their midfield duo. Could also work extremely well as a member of the midfield 3 (this is an assumption I'm making because IMO 3-5-2 is only a stopgap measure and as soon as we get the requisite personnel Van Gaal will transition into his patented 4-3-3). A midfield of Herrera, Pjanic and Di Maria would be tremendous and very similar to Alonso, Modric, Di Maria. :D

He is best as a AM or a #8. He can play as a DLP but that midfield will be light on defensive protection fair bit plus limit Pjanic.

Ogden says interest in William Carvalho 'appears to have subsided'.

Carvalho might have chosen Arsenal, so then we brief the media to save face?

Nice, how they left out the next answer in the after match interview :lol::

"Kagawa is a very good player, who will..eh would definitively help us [nervous chuckle]"

Would that not leave them with just 3 CB's? Hummels, Ginter and Subotic?

One coming back from a long knee injury, one being new and one being not even match fit after returning late to the team.

But, sure we let our currently best and most stable defender go with four years left on contract and only for 20 Mil. € that late in the transfer window. Thats about as realistic as the joke offer for Hummels from United, which originated from Spain. Di Marzio continues to be extremely hit and miss when it comes to Dortmund. This is not even a real rumour according to sources close to Dortmund.

Maybe he played as a lwb cause LVG like him better there?

How much of you him did you see to claim he isnt good against good oponnents etc?

De Jong, maybe we'll get him but as far as I know Sandro, Witsel and Strootman aren't available.

I've watched a bit of PSV/Ajax and both Salzburg/Ajax games. Maybe not enough but what I've seen from him but what I've seen wasn't anywhere near good enough to be a starter here. Why would LvG leave it so late for him to join us if he were that keen on him? Would be a decent addition for 10-12m, as an squad player, not as the partner for Herrera until January.

Why do we need a back up goalie? What's happening to all these young goal keepers we've signed every window for the past 3-4 years? We must have terrible goal keeping scouts.

Status
Not open for further replies.