Transfer Tweets - 2014/15 | Stay On Topic & No Blacklisted Tweets (see OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would be ironic if we were put off Vidal because of dodgy knees and ended up getting strongman who is still injured! I'd be quote happy if we get him in now, but surely the club will wait until Januaru to see how his knee holds up.

That's what makes me believe that this one won't happen at this time too.

I've watched a bit of PSV/Ajax and both Salzburg/Ajax games. Maybe not enough but what I've seen from him but what I've seen wasn't anywhere near good enough to be a starter here. Why would LvG leave it so late for him to join us if he were that keen on him? Would be a decent addition for 10-12m, as an squad player, not as the partner for Herrera until January.
In any case we need at least one CM and not getting one will be catastrophic, even if he's a B or C option. Not to mention we'll getting rid of Cleverley, so I hope we're getting a new mid cause if we arent not only we'll be short in numbers in that position, we'll be beyond crap too.

A leader in the back and defensive minded midfielder is an absolute must. Di Maria will not save the titanic by himself.

''Manchester United made a final offer of €30m + 1 player, total valuation: €45m. Juventus valuation: €65m

It is for the youth player from Ajax: 16-year-old defender Timothy Fosu Mensah

Or he just stopped by as somehow who has played for us for six years... Really reading too much into it.

Still, signing Blind would probably be our most straightforward deal of the window even if we go for it late.

It is for the youth player from Ajax: 16-year-old defender Timothy Fosu Mensah

Possible but i doubt he'd fly over himself just for that. Mensah will be a compensation deal anyway as he wasn't under contract.

Thing is it's quite possible we may have held prelim talks about the fee and kept Blind on standby.

What Central defenders are in Europe that are a/ good enough and b/realistically gettable.

Vertonghen? Godin? Chiellini?There aren't many. Maybe LVG thinks Rojo is enough to add to what we have.

Yeah, I highly doubt they'd just send van Der Sar to deal with a possible £20m transfer.

What Central defenders are in Europe that are a/ good enough and b/realistically gettable.

Vertonghen? Godin? Chiellini?There aren't many. Maybe LVG thinks Rojo is enough to add to what we have.

Vertonghen recently extended his contract, so did Chiellini.
Godin seems pretty settled at Atletico, would he be ready to leave the Atletico experiment?

There's a real shortage of good central defenders these days..

What makes you think Vertonghen is realistically gettable? With just 3 days left in the window, I strongly doubt that Spurs would sell their best CB and be left scrambling around for a replacement.

Vertonghen recently extended his contract, so did Chiellini.
Godin seems pretty settled at Atletico, would he be ready to leave the Atletico experiment?

There's a real shortage of good central defenders these days..

Sokratis from Dortmund.

Can not see us not signing a few with that many leaving...

Guessing Cleverley, Kagawa, Anderson, Hernandez are all guaranteed to leave, Welbeck potentially but not sure if it's either him or Hernandez, or both, and then we're still probably trying to offload Fellaini. Probably some loans for younger players too like Powell.

I think it was mentioned here or somewhere else Dortmund is not that mad to let him go cause they'll end up with just 3 cbs.

Well apparently Arsenal are close to signing him.

They'd also have Hummels, Ginter, Subotic and Sarr.

Kagawa, Welbeck, Cleverley, Fellaini, Hernandez and possibley a couple of loans for Lingard and Powell??

Are squad will be down to bare bones if we dont bring in more than 2 players
Fellaini is injured, definitely won't go.

Maybe Lindegaard? Zaha will go too.

So that is Kagawa, Welbeck, Cleverley, Hernandez, Zaha and Lindegaard?

Fellaini is injured, definitely won't go.

Maybe Lindegaard? Zaha will go too.

So that is Kagawa, Welbeck, Cleverley, Hernandez, Zaha and Lindegaard?

DiscoMirror named Anderson there too but we don't have any offers yet.

We only have two competitions to play and LvG said he wanted to work with a smaller squad.

We'll be fine after the international break IMO. We're short in a few positions but I think LvG is flexible with his players (Kuyt, Young etc.), and a few of our players are quite flexible with their positions anyway. Di Maria will be counted as both a body in midfield and on the wing.

I'll be delighted to see the end of the rotation madness.

Well I wanted to see a clear out. But Valencia, Young and Fellaini gotta be three of the luckiest guys at the club.

Status
Not open for further replies.