Transfer Tweets - 2014/15 | Stay On Topic & No Blacklisted Tweets (see OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its amazing that LVG said in the press conference, that he told the players that he didn't want them after lunch and within a day we are close to offloading Zaha(already conformed), Cleverley(bid accepted) and very close to departure with Kagawa and Hernandez. I still think we might let go more players, but its exciting time to be a Utd fan, letting go of deadwood and players shot of confidence will help us overcome this process of achieving the 4th place.

I'd be willing to put money on Young not going for £10m (unless you lot are subsidising his wages). Zaha is younger so depending on how he does on loan, he might.

okay.

Zaha will easily go for more than 10m. You're talking bollocks.

There is no suggestion that Young is even leaving, can we stop bickering about how much he (or other players) may go for in some alternate universe? This is the twitter thread, why can't people grasp it's purpose?

okay.

Easily go for more than £10m? You only paid 12 or 15 didn't you? Unless he shows his previous form from Palace, he doesn't "easily" go for more than 10.

okay.

Will he? Wasnt he bought for 15m and has done nothing since? If he does well at Palace he might go for that, otherwise I'd be surprised if he goes for over 10million pounds.

Easily go for more than £10m? You only paid 12 or 15 didn't you? Unless he shows his previous form from Palace, he doesn't "easily" go for more than 10.

Rodwell showed feck all at City and went for more than that for Sunderland. Cleverley is going for 8-9m when he's rubbished by everyone, is older than Zaha and is in his last year of contract. It's a logical conclusion then that Zaha will go for more than 10m.

We paid 10 million plus 5 add ons for him. (Doubt much of add ons got paid so far) Already recouped 3.5 in loans reportedly.

And his value will depend on how well he does on loan. Pretty likely we make a profit on him if he performs decently as he is still young and has upside.

Will he? Wasnt he bought for 15m and has done nothing since? If he does well at Palace he might go for that, otherwise I'd be surprised if he goes for over 10million pounds.

He's young and English international. Did anybody expect Cleverley to go for 8-9m when he's in his last year of contract?

We'd be lucky to even get £10 million for him now let alone more.

We can't really demand a lot for Kagawa. He's declined since he arrived and is now simply a back up player.

I wouldn't say he has declined, more so been played in positions where he is mostly ineffective during his time at OT. Watch him shine back in Dortmund under Klopp who knows how to utilize him properly.

Rodwell showed feck all at City and went for more than that for Sunderland. Cleverley is going for 8-9m when he's rubbished by everyone, is older than Zaha and is in his last year of contract. It's a logical conclusion then that Zaha will go for more than 10m.

City took a hit on Rodwell. And Rodwell didn't play. Zaha has played and has been bad.

So around £8m for Kagawa....they must be asking the piss. We'd be mad to accept that, he's worth £13m at least.

okay.

Wow, you're confident!

We're selling seasoned internationals like Cleverley and Kagawa for less than 10m, why on earth would Zaha go for more, when he never gets on the pitch?

So around £8m for Kagawa....they must be asking the piss. We'd be mad to accept that, he's worth £13m at least.

Why? He hasn't shown anything close to his Dortmund days and went for just 12m in the first place. Such a shame that it never happened with Shinji, the Van Persie deal made it impossible for him to even show his strength from the beginning.

I wish him the best and Klopp knows how to get the best out of him. But if he were that good, LvG wouldn't have played Mata over him and is selling Kagawa now.

Why? He hasn't shown anything close to his Dortmund days and went for just 12m in the first place. Such a shame that it never happened with Shinji, the Van Persie deal made it impossible for him to even show his strength from the beginning.

I wish him the best and Klopp knows how to get the best out of him. But if he were that good, LvG wouldn't have played Mata over him and is selling Kagawa now.
His price was "just" £12m because he had less than a year left in his contract at that time but his performances the previous two years suggested otherwise.

If you expect to get 10m+ on Zaha - a player who's only shone in the Championship and is 22 this year what do you expect to get for Fellaini - a player who only last year was one of the best performers in the PL?

That's the harsh reality of signing a player and turning him into a bench warmer. You're gonna wound up losing money almost regardless of quality, unless you're Real Madrid.

City took a hit on Rodwell. And Rodwell didn't play. Zaha has played and has been bad.

Are you kidding me?

So a player who has been playing(wasn't that bad for Cardiff anyway) is worse than a chronically injury prone player?

If you expect to get 10m+ on Zaha - a player who's only shone in the Championship and is 22 this year what do you expect to get for Fellaini - a player who only last year was one of the best performers in the PL?

Low Wages vs high wages, potential upside, plus English tax make both situations different.

Fellaini is a odd one to value right now.

He only went for that price because of his contract though and it's a low price for a player of his quality. He'll look like a £20m player at Dortmund.

Low Wages vs high wages, potential upside, plus English tax make both situations different.

Fellaini is a odd one to value right now.
I hope someone kept the receipt for him, it's still less than a year since the afro man turned up

He only went for that price because of his contract though and it's a low price for a player of his quality. He'll look like a £20m player at Dortmund.

Doesn't matter how good he looks at another side in a different league under a different manager and in a different system.

He hasn't lived up to his billing and if LVG thinks he isn't going to player it seems sensible to move him on a d get him off the wage bill.

However much quality he has, he hasn't shown enough of it to warrant a place in the team.

Status
Not open for further replies.