Transfer Tweets - 2014/15 | Stay On Topic & No Blacklisted Tweets (see OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dortmund wouldn't sell their 1st/2nd best player then for £12m. He won player of the year once or twice I think too.

He was bought for 16m euros. Nothing to do with 1st/2nd best player. He was on last year of contract and was not going to renew.

Dortmund wouldn't sell their 1st/2nd best player then for £12m. He won player of the year once or twice I think too.

He had 1 year left on his deal. Wasn't their best player really and wanted to leave for United.

Borini went for £14m, Young can go for £10m. Big Sam would love him feeding Carroll all day long and he might even take Fellaini from us to play behind Carroll.
Borini didn't go for £14m. The transfer fell through.

if we make the CL for next season then theres no reason why he wouldnt. he would start every important game for us, cant say the same for barca or madrid and lets face it, he wont go to italy. unless kagawa spends all season telling him to not come here i dont see why he wouldnt come to united. *if we make the CL and play attractive football while we are at it)
That is the biggest IF. At this rate what makes you think we are going to make the top 4.

There's been no indication that Young will be leaving. The list of players that LVG supposedly told could leave has been well known for a while but Young has never been mentioned.
With LvG at the helm he won't last the next six months imo, give him a sustained run and he will play himself out of the club.

Buttner - £4m
Evra - £1.5m
Bebe - £2.4m
Fellaini - £15m
Cleveley - £8m
Anderson - £5m
Hernandez - £15m
Young - £10m
Valencia - £8m
Kagawa - £12m
Welbeck - £15m
Nani - £10m
Zaha - £10m
Lindegaard - £5m

Total - £121m

This is spread over this window, January but also next summer. And it is based on the players rumoured to be let go by Louis van Gaal and also based on the assumption (as per the point of the post you were replying to) Ed Woodward manages to extract maximum value for these players like he does in sponsorship deals.

Young, Nani, Anderson, Zaha and Lindegaard won't go for any of those prices.

Borini didn't go for £14m. The transfer fell through.

I worded it incorrectly but I think that was because of the player but the fee was agreed. Still, Woodward should be able to extract a lot for our players providing he can sell them to the right clubs.

A player like Young or Fellaini might interest a Big Sam or Pulis.

I dont understand why we are doing all these loan deals when we decided we don't want the player and also why do business with Juventus AGAIN?

We haven't deal with Juve. They've agreed terms with his agent nothing else.

This is based on the assumption Woodward manages to extract maximum value for these players, that was written in the post so you must have read it.

You therefore think no club in the world would ever consider paying £15m for Hernandez, £10m for Young or £5m for Anderson...

Yes, I read the assumption. I don't believe their maximum value as of this moment is anywhere near what has been estimated on the post but that's just my opinion. Some knowledgeable posters here feel that it might be fair and I value their opinions.

In my opinion -

Anderson - zilch
Hernandez - 8-10m
Young - 5-7m (depending on whether we are willing so subsidize his wages, if not then zilch)

Zaha has gotten 2 million and now 1.5 million in loan fees in 1 and half years only.

Think he would go pretty close to 10 million.

Nani, Lindergaard not really unless Nani does good in the portuguese league and some Russian clubs buys him. For Young wages will be a issue but he'll go for 5/6 million +.

To be fair, if we really do want to get back at Juve for the Evra/Pogba debacles, then loaning/selling them Hernandez is a pretty good way to go about it.

Don't see Young, Valencia, Welbeck, Lindegaard or Fellaini leaving , Nani & Zaha on loan and even maybe a couple of the others on loan too
I can see the players being loaned out are the players the club would like back next season if/when we get european football and need a bigger squad . With a maximum 44 games left this season we need to get a few out the door .

This is based on Woodward extracting maximum value, that's more than what is likely, that's him being a machine at getting money for our players like he was for Sponsorships.

My original post before somebody questioned it and I posted a scenario, that original post was stating we have spent £136m but imagine if Woodward manages to get every penny he can for the players he needs to sell and recoups £120m, he will have fooled us all.

Therefore if he can do to these players what he did for sponsorship deals then £10m for Young from say Big Sam isn't out of the question or £10m for Nani or £5m for Anderson etc. So I'm not saying it will happen but it could if Woodward is good at getting money for the players, I mean Buttner got us £4m and most wouldn't have thought that when we paid like £2m for him.

That is the biggest IF. At this rate what makes you think we are going to make the top 4.
im just being positive. an if is an if. big or small is not for me to judge since its a subjective thing. i can only hope that is the case. arsenal started terribly last season and were still top after a run of games. i have a feeling we will convincingly beat burnley and lets see how much confidence we can take from that and move forward. positive thoughts :)

We can't really demand a lot for Kagawa. He's declined since he arrived and is now simply a back up player.

Yes, I read the assumption. I don't believe their maximum value as of this moment is anywhere near what has been estimated on the post but that's just my opinion. Some knowledgeable posters here feel that it might be fair and I value their opinions.

In my opinion -

Anderson - zilch
Hernandez - 8-10m
Young - 5-7m (depending on whether we are willing so subsidize his wages, if not then zilch)

Honestly, I'd take a little as 5M for Young, and even give him a 2-3M golden handshake just to leave. Get's his 6M per year salary off the books. As for Anderson, I'd hope we could loan him out this season, to someone willing to pay ANY part of his wages. And then just release him when his contract expires, which I hope is the end of the season.

Anything over 10M for Hernandez is a great deal (for us).

Borini went for £14m, Young can go for £10m. Big Sam would love him feeding Carroll all day long and he might even take Fellaini from us to play behind Carroll.
haha yeah but big sam has money for one signing and thats not 10mil kind of money. borini is 23 and young. ahsley young is almost 30.

I can see the players being loaned out are the players the club would like back next season if/when we get european football and need a bigger squad . With a maximum 44 games left this season we need to get a few out the door .

Yes for sure, Cleverley Kagawa Chicharito and Anderson may go and maybe Fellaini and Lindegaard loaned in january

Very few players will stay at a club for more than one season, if they have been told expressly that they will not play. Most will accept a pay cut (if required) to go somewhere else and revive their careers. If a players has say, 3 years left on this contract, only a tiny minority (Winston Bogarde, Paolo Ferreira) are going to write that part of their career off, kicking around with reserves. Fellaini will be gone by this time next year, even to a club playing lower wages.

Also worth considering, that most modern contracts involve a lot of incentive based remuneration. I read that United were doing all their contracts based heavily on performance related factors these days. So players like Fellaini, who aren't playing, aren't going to be pulling home the full whack of their publicized wages. Sometimes it'll be as little as half.

best deal for all parties, and we should wrangle a first dibs agreement on hummels or reus for next summer. we have too much depth at the no.10 kagawa and fellaini really should go.

Very few players will stay at a club for more than one season, if they have been told expressly that they will not play. Most will accept a pay cut (if required) to go somewhere else and revive their careers. If a players has say, 3 years left on this contract, only a tiny minority (Winston Bogarde, Paolo Ferreira) are going to write that part of their career off, kicking around with reserves. Fellaini will be gone by this time next year, even to a club playing lower wages.

Many will expect a payoff, especially if they're on £100k a week and expected to receive half.

Juventus can feck off with their loan + buy security option. Evra wanted to go their so I understand why they didn't put up any resistance, but if Chicharito fails there, his sell value is depressingly low. +15m€ and they can have him.

Many will expect a payoff, especially if they're on £100k a week and expected to receive half.

Most modern contracts involve a lot of incentive based remuneration. I read that United were doing all their contracts based heavily on performance related factors these days. So players like Fellaini, who aren't playing, aren't going to be pulling home the full whack of their publicized wages anyway. Sometimes it'll be as little as half.

They might hope for a payoff, doesn't mean they'll get it. Either way, a compromise is often reached easily enough because it's in neither party's interest to have a player rotting in reserves.

Zaha and Young are English internationals and both will go for that amount. Cleverley is going 9m and he's in his last year of contract.

We shouldnt give those Italian cnuts a single thing anymore as long as they refuse to give us King Arturo

Zaha and Young are English internationals and both will go for that amount. Cleverley is going 9m and he's in his last year of contract.

I'd be willing to put money on Young not going for £10m (unless you lot are subsidising his wages). Zaha is younger so depending on how he does on loan, he might.

Status
Not open for further replies.