Transfer Tweets - 2014/15 | Stay On Topic & No Blacklisted Tweets (see OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Buttner - £4m
Evra - £1.5m
Bebe - £2.4m
Fellaini - £15m
Cleveley - £8m
Anderson - £5m
Hernandez - £15m
Young - £10m
Valencia - £8m
Kagawa - £12m
Welbeck - £15m
Nani - £10m
Zaha - £10m
Lindegaard - £5m

Total - £121m

This is spread over this window, January but also next summer. And it is based on the players rumoured to be let go by Louis van Gaal and also based on the assumption (as per the point of the post you were replying to) Ed Woodward manages to extract maximum value for these players like he does in sponsorship deals.
Fair valuation, however those players will have to be replaced, especially when we get back in the Champions League.

Good post. All of them are entirely fair valuations IMO except for perhaps Lindegaard and Nani.

I was just pointing out that if Woodward is good at negotiating he could extract that much perhaps even 10% more if he is on form. And if so then our £130m spend for this season doesn't look so great therefore I do hope we are signing another big name or two!

And I'm sure we are whether it be this window or in the next two.

In theory if this £200m war chest is real then we have another £60m to spend and also most of that £120m might be made available in addition to the usual transfer fund.

Buttner - £4m
Evra - £1.5m
Bebe - £2.4m
Fellaini - £15m
Cleveley - £8m
Anderson - £5m
Hernandez - £15m
Young - £10m

Valencia - £8m
Kagawa - £12m
Welbeck - £15m
Nani - £10m
Zaha - £10m
Lindegaard - £5m

Total - £121m

This is spread over this window, January but also next summer. And it is based on the players rumoured to be let go by Louis van Gaal and also based on the assumption (as per the point of the post you were replying to) Ed Woodward manages to extract maximum value for these players like he does in sponsorship deals.

:lol:

Welbeck for a season would be too risky, as he'd be down to a single year left on his deal.

Potentially guess depends how much we think he wants to stay here. End of the day he's not going to a team in for the title in the near future imo (not if he wants regular game time) imo. So he could make a move to the level below that although might find it hard to match his earnings/earnings potential here and if LVG does bring us back on track he might not want to miss out.

If he's not willing to wait any longer than may as well sell him now though.

There's been no indication that Young will be leaving. The list of players that LVG supposedly told could leave has been well known for a while but Young has never been mentioned.

Potentially guess depends how much we think he wants to stay here. End of the day he's not going to a team in for the title in the near future imo (not if he wants regular game time) imo. So he could make a move to the level below that although might find it hard to match his earnings/earnings potential here and if LVG does bring us back on track he might not want to miss out.

If he's not willing to wait any longer than may as well sell him now though.

The only positive in a loan, is we can do what Chelsea have cynically been doing for years. Sending their players on loan to rivals to batter other teams, knowing they can't play against them.

There's been no indication that Young will be leaving. The list of players that LVG supposedly told could leave has been well known for a while but Young has never been mentioned.
In all fairness, he should be the first one out the door.

Buttner - £4m
Evra - £1.5m
Bebe - £2.4m
Fellaini - £15m
Cleveley - £8m
Anderson - £5m
Hernandez - £15m
Young - £10m
Valencia - £8m

Kagawa - £12m
Welbeck - £15m
Nani - £10m
Zaha - £10m
Lindegaard - £5m

Total - £121m

It will be a surprise if we get anywhere near that amount for those players. They are on big wages and will be difficult to move.

I have to say that I'll be happy for Kagawa if he gets a chance to return to Dortmund and get minutes. I always felt that Kagawa was a replacement for Rooney in the eyes of SAF and that he had missed his chance to stake a claim in the starting XI when Moyes came in and kept Rooney. It will be interesting to see if his United experience has caused him to regress in someway but I hope not.

Nah, Kagawa was signed before we opportunistically signed Van Persie. The idea was to play him off Rooney.

Nah, Kagawa was signed before we opportunistically signed Van Persie. The idea was to play him off Rooney.

And to take the piss on Chelsea to prove that you can get a similar/better player than Hazard by paying less than half the money to the club and none to the agent. #value

Get Evra for a couple of mill. Think they can have Hernandez on loan, and then are probably talking 50m for Vidal.

And they are the standard bearers of Italian football right now too. How the mighty have fallen. I remember growing up and watching those magnificent Juve and Milan teams. Even Fiorentina had players like Batistuta. Granted Juve have a pretty good team right now but Buffon (36), Barzagli (33) and Pirlo (35) are all going to need replacing very soon and are all key players. They just don't have the funds to compete at the top end of the market. Chiellini and Tevez are both 30 too. They'll have to sell one of Vidal or Pogba I'd expect, which is why Marotta won't shut up about it. The CL money is better this year, so that'll help, but last year that lost 16M euros and the season before 45M euros despite increasing revenue 33%. Most of that money came from CL prize money and TV deals. Their debt as of 1 year ago was 160M euros. They don't have the same ability to service it as United do. Basically they are in a sell to buy situation on the whole. Lots of loans, and looking for out of contract players or good youth prospects like Pogba or Coman.

Italian football as a whole is fecked. Crappy attendances, inherent racism, shitty run down stadiums, plenty of hooliganism, rubbish TV deals, plenty of corruption from the top down. The guy just elected to be the president of their FA just referred to African players as "banana eating monkeys" or some such. And that was before the election. He still won. Milan, their biggest club, is now fielding a first team of players whop cost precisely zero. Not a penny. All loan players, or players picked up on a free. Torres is the next addition. Roma, which got bought by the American consortium looks the healthiest club right now, and they just flogged their best defender.

If Juve don't want to cough up or make some concession towards the Vidal deal, then after Evra and Pogba, I would tell them in no uncertain terms to go and feck themselves with regards to a loan for Hernandez. I'd take less money from someone else, just to make that happen.

And to take the piss on Chelsea to prove that you can get a similar/better player than Hazard by paying less than half the money to the club and none to the agent. #value

Didn't we sign Kagawa before we were in for Hazard?? I thought the original idea was Rooney up top with Kagawa behind him and Hazard out on the left.

We are taking a loss? Hopefully its in pounds and not Euros. Cleverley with less than a year left in his contract is going for more money.

Fair valuation, however those players will have to be replaced, especially when we get back in the Champions League.

I hope we do spend a lot! But who knows.

De Gea, Amos or Johnstone, Luke Shaw, Rafael, Janko or Varela, Rojo, Jones, Smalling, Evans, Blackett, Reece James, Fletcher, Carrick, Herrera, Pereira, Mata, Powell, Angel di Maria, Januzaj, Lingard, Rooney, RVP, Wilson, Lawrence.

That is still a squad of 24 players therefore who knows what the board's strategy is since our standard annual budget next summer could cover a top CM and winger.

How many attacking midfielders do Arsenal need? The only players they seem to have signed in the last 5 years are attacking midfielders.

He played up front pretty much last season with Immobile and is equally as good out wide. Will probably play up top for them, especially with Giroud being out.

£8m in fecking robbery. I know we signed him for £12m, but we should be asking for £10m with add-ons.

This is based on the assumption Woodward manages to extract maximum value for these players, that was written in the post so you must have read it.

You therefore think no club in the world would ever consider paying £15m for Hernandez, £10m for Young or £5m for Anderson...

I hope we do spend a lot! But who knows.

De Gea, Amos or Johnstone, Luke Shaw, Rafael, Janko or Varela, Rojo, Jones, Smalling, Evans, Blackett, Reece James, Fletcher, Carrick, Herrera, Pereira, Mata, Powell, Angel di Maria, Januzaj, Lingard, Rooney, RVP, Wilson, Lawrence.

That is still a squad of 24 players therefore who knows what the board's strategy is since our standard annual budget next summer could cover a top CM and winger.

Flipping heck. Makes you realise how short on quality in depth we are currently. Good grief what was Fergie thinking season after season.

if such a paltry figure will be paid for kagawa i can only hope we are getting a first option on reus

Story comes from Sky Italy. Story involving a Japanese player, with a German and English club. Yep, I believe these guys have their finger on the pulse there. Anyone who calls them the biggest bullshitters in the history of transfers is wrong.

I'd want more than 12M for Kags. 15M at least , considering we paid 17M for him, he was in the last year of his contract and there's been inflation since. That said, if there is a longer term strategy vis a vis Hummels and/or Reus at play, then I'm all for it.

This is based on the assumption Woodward manages to extract maximum value for these players, that was written in the post so you must have read it.

You therefore think no club in the world would ever consider paying £15m for Hernandez, £10m for Young or £5m for Anderson...
10 mil for young would be highly improbable given his performances in the last few games. if we had been smart and sold him straight after pre-season we might have got the 10

It will be a surprise if we get anywhere near that amount for those players. They are on big wages and will be difficult to move.

The point was if we extract maximum value therefore not what we are likely to get but if Woodward can extract maximum value. I made that crystal clear in the post and even in the one you were replying to.

More than recouping transfer fees, we're freeing up a huge amount of wages, which is likely to be more significant for our incoming transfer decisions.

10 mil for young would be highly improbable given his performances in the last few games. if we had been smart and sold him straight after pre-season we might have got the 10

Borini went for £14m, Young can go for £10m. Big Sam would love him feeding Carroll all day long and he might even take Fellaini from us to play behind Carroll.

Didn't we sign Kagawa before we were in for Hazard?? I thought the original idea was Rooney up top with Kagawa behind him and Hazard out on the left.

Hmmn, I checked again and they were announced a day from each other. Which means they were independent deals. My bad!

We get all the options on Reus we want but I doubt he will want to move here.
if we make the CL for next season then theres no reason why he wouldnt. he would start every important game for us, cant say the same for barca or madrid and lets face it, he wont go to italy. unless kagawa spends all season telling him to not come here i dont see why he wouldnt come to united. *if we make the CL and play attractive football while we are at it)

Status
Not open for further replies.