Transfer Tweets - 2014/15 | Stay On Topic & No Blacklisted Tweets (see OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.
You won't get a player of the same quality as Kagawa for £8m, it's peanuts in today's market and terrible business from us. He hasn't set the league on fire, I get that but he's got talent and who knows what he could have done in LvG's system playing through the middle, he got 1-2 chances and was dumped In midfield for one of them.

Meh £8m just seems like a shit fee he's better than that.

A player is usually as good as his last club. Kagawa looked a good player in a very specific system at Dortmund. He's moved to the PL and hasn't been able to match that form.

The club probably want to move him on and the price received will be dependant in the number of clubs interested. If only one club makes a bid, how can United demand big money?

If a player is surplus to requirements, sometimes it's just better to let them go if a half decent offer comes in - or they end up on loan with a contract running down and fee dropping further, or worse, sat in the reserves stagnating and collecting a pay packet. A £80k a week player gets £4 million a year, if they have a few years left its a big saving.

It wont be a popular opinion but I think Shinji would be just as effective, if not more, as Mata if he got as many minutes in the same position. Shame it never worked for him here, but I think that is a combination of the way we used him and a lack of adaptability from him. We should be meeting quality players like that somewhat in the middle.

Liverpool, Tottenham and Juventus made a late attempt to sign Alex McCarthy - The Times #LFC 1/2

but the Reading goalkeeper is expected to have a medical this morning to complete a £3 million deal with QPR. 2/2 #LFC (Gary Jacob)

It wont be a popular opinion but I think Shinji would be just as effective, if not more, as Mata if he got as many minutes in the same position. Shame it never worked for him here, but I think that is a combination of the way we used him and a lack of adaptability from him. We should be meeting quality players like that somewhat in the middle.

Once we signed Mata it spelt the end of Shinji to be honest... shame.
I only hope Mata lives up to his £37m price tag, so far he hasn't

Arsene will never pay Cavani's wages let alone £50m transfer fee.

How would journalists know if a club was 'considering a bid'? Do the club phone them up and say, 'hey we're thinking of signing player X.'

Falcao to Madrid, Benzy to Arsenal? I would be happy with that. It would mean that Arsenal think they have actually bought a top striker, so would be unlikely to buy a real top striker like Cavani.

No chance. Benzema just signed a new contract and apparently we enquired earlier in the summer and were told by Madrid that he definitely isn't leaving.

No chance. Benzema just signed a new contract and apparently we enquired earlier in the summer and were told by Madrid that he definitely isn't leaving.

They said the same about Alonso the other week, although I don't really expect Benzema to leave.

Falcao to Madrid, Benzy to Arsenal? I would be happy with that. It would mean that Arsenal think they have actually bought a top striker, so would be unlikely to buy a real top striker like Cavani.

Not much difference between benzema and Cavani IMO, in terms of level of quality. In fact I think that I would prefer a rival to buy Cavani

Maybe it is just me, but I think he is better than Cavani to be honest

He probably isn't but I highly doubt he'd ever want to go to Liverpool. Arsenal would be a much more attractive option to him.

Status
Not open for further replies.