Transfer Tweets - 2014/15 | Stay On Topic & No Blacklisted Tweets (see OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.
After it got clear to me that the Carvalho stories were a clear briefing, this was actually my first thought:

I'm sure Carvalho was one of the players United had already reached an agreement with. One of Moyes picks and one LvG initially turned down. Not sure if United could renegotiate it quickly or if that would have put the player off a little?

Wouldn't normally post a tweet like that. Thought it was an interesting idea.

Also; surely after our Rojo and Nani deals, we have a better relationship with Sporting than Arsenal? Could be another "in" there.

Surely there must be a club in Brasil or Portugal that would take him?
I remember seeing a tweet floating around somewhere that we offered him to three Brazilian clubs and they all said no. Not sure how reliable that was, though.

Wouldn't normally post a tweet like that. Thought it was an interesting idea.

Also; surely after our Rojo and Nani deals, we have a better relationship with Sporting than Arsenal? Could be another "in" there.

Our relationship with Sporting has always been good. We've also had very good relations with Madrid for a long time. Probably not a small factor in being able to sign Di Maria and now Carvalho (if he's really our priority now).

I remember seeing a tweet floating around somewhere that we offered him to three Brazilian clubs and they all said no. Not sure how reliable that was, though.

Anderson had an offer from a Brazilian team, he turned it down over fears he wouldn't get paid.

Was what I remember seeing at some point anyway.

Our relationship with Sporting has always been good. We've also had very good relations with Madrid for a long time. Probably not a small factor in being able to sign Di Maria and now Carvalho (if he's really our priority now).

Our relationship with Mendes would have been a big factor and will be again if we go for Carvalho.

Offer Sporting Anderson on loan and perhaps Hernandez on loan - I think @Sly has said they were after a striker and they could do much worse than Hernandez. Then again I'm not sure he'd fancy a move there although they are in CL.

Carvalho is definitely an achieveable signing with the links to Sporting and Mendez, and we could blow whatever wages Wenger would offer out of the water, without even going to ridiculous levels.

If we get Vidal or Carvalho, we'll be laughing. Perfect midfielders either way for our midfield.

This outburst from the press is great news.

United have clearly briefed them and surely it must either be because we truly are close to signing Carvalho or it's to bring the price down of real targets (Vidal.)

I just hope if it's the latter that Vidal is the real target, not Blind.

Thinking about our current squad, I would struggle to choose between buying Vidal and Carvalho. Carvalho/Herrera/Di Maria would be a perfect midfield 3. Vidal instead of Carvalho + our poor back 4 may be too attack minded.

Or else they're all copying one another's stories and making it seem like there's something to it.

No, they wouldn't know someone else has the story until it broke on his paper's website. And with everyone coming out with it within minutes, but also having it in their morning papers, it's not about copying from one another. They were briefed.

No, they wouldn't know someone else has the story until it broke on his paper's website. And with everyone coming out with it within minutes, but also having it in their morning papers, it's not about copying from one another. They were briefed.

Fair enough. Hope its true....would make for an interesting last few days.

Guys thinking that press talk could force a club into thinking different. They have sources they can call and simply check out what's the real deal behind it, they don't get news from the papers.

Offer Sporting Anderson on loan and perhaps Hernandez on loan - I think @Sly has said they were after a striker and they could do much worse than Hernandez. Then again I'm not sure he'd fancy a move there although they are in CL.

They don't need Anderson and I doubt he'd go anywhere else in Portugal aside from Porto anyway. If Carvalho leaves than Slimani will stay I'd imagine so they won't be after a striker either I doubt.

Status
Not open for further replies.