Transfer Tweets - 2014/15 | Stay On Topic & No Blacklisted Tweets (see OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope that is not true as it would be hard to find a like for like replacement and he offers so much for the team. Over the last 5 years he has been our second best player after Ronaldo and last year him and modric were our two best players over the two legs vs Bayern. It is too early to say if kroos can replace him in terms of performance, balance and importance to the team.

His legs are going. I think it's good to ship him off now before he costs you in the big games (was good against Bayern but awful against Dortmund, Atlético and Barcelona at times last season). He's turning into the next van Bommel, constantly walking the tight rope after getting a booking for a late challenge.

Plus there's the whole Alonso/Arbeloa against Casillas divide...

I dont know, I guess you mean VIdal. And we didnt loose Benatia cause of Martinez, we lost him cause he wanted CL football so we didnt have a real chance of getting him in any case.

He would've come here, as it was mainly money he was after. Before the Martinez injury, Guardiola was done in the transfermarket. Now they sign 2 players that significant to our transfer strategy.

It was the money, but not just the money.

Yeah, but Jim White does have good sources so I think we had a fee agreed with Benatia, just for him to rather to go Munich, which means without the Javi Martinez injury there wouldn't be this transfer.

Yeah, but Jim White does have good sources so I think we had a fee agreed with Benatia, just for him to rather to go Munich, which means without the Javi Martinez injury there wouldn't be this transfer.
I dont know, that Jim White news if you want to call it news was the only mention of us being after him so I tend not to believe it.

What was wrong with it?

Ah come on Barney - players dont comment like that on social media. Its a lack of class & something thats done when on the piss etc.

I found it irritating. I would hate one of our players doing the same thing too. Would you approve of a Pool player doin that?

Its something that Balotelli would do to be honest man..

Not cool!

His legs are going. I think it's good to ship him off now before he costs you in the big games (was good against Bayern but awful against Dortmund, Atlético and Barcelona at times last season). He's turning into the next van Bommel, constantly walking the tight rope after getting a booking for a late challenge.

Plus there's the whole Alonso/Arbeloa against Casillas divide...
It is definitely true that he is declining and he gives the ball away under pressure much more than he used to and the fouling from him is getting worse. However I still think he can be important and we have already made enough signings this summer. The last thing I want is for the whole midfield to be changed and almost dismantled like it was last summer with too many new players as so many points were dropped at the start of last season. It is also hard to think of a similar players who are available and as with most midfielders, they seem to take a while to adapt to a new team (modric being a recent example).

Ah come on Barney - players dont comment like that on social media. Its a lack of class & something thats done when on the piss etc.

I found it irritating. I would hate one of our players doing the same thing too. Would you approve of a Pool player doin that?

Its something that Balotelli would do to be honest man..

Not cool!

I wouldn't care. Cech had a dig at Gerrard a few days ago - I didn't care. It's twitter.

We need @Raoul in this thread again. Loads of non transfer related tweets being posted again.

A little less conversation, a little more tweets please
All these long discussions ain't satisfactioning me
A little more news about vidal
A little less stats and more van gaal
Come on adnan log in the cafe and satisfy me.

keane.png

This thread is a mess already. Come in to lots of new pages full of so little news/tweets on actual transfers. Pretty annoying.

If anyone has made any off topic tweets or posts over the past couple of pages, please delete them so we can tidy things up a bit.

There is a tweet in the link to be fair.

Fair enough - probably a good idea to post the tweet itself. We need to keep this thread in order so people don't have to trawl through pages of drivel. I'm going to start infracting and thread banning violators without warning from now on.

It is definitely true that he is declining and he gives the ball away under pressure much more than he used to and the fouling from him is getting worse. However I still think he can be important and we have already made enough signings this summer. The last thing I want is for the whole midfield to be changed and almost dismantled like it was last summer with too many new players as so many points were dropped at the start of last season. It is also hard to think of a similar players who are available and as with most midfielders, they seem to take a while to adapt to a new team (modric being a recent example).

Fair points. Don't think Xabi should be first choice but can see the logic in keeping him around as experienced back-up.

Is there a fee by the way?

Fair enough - probably a good idea to post the tweet itself. We need to keep this thread in order so people don't have to trawl through pages of drivel. I'm going to start infracting and thread banning violators without warning from now on.
You know the twitter summery that you done, would it not be better suited in the 'Tweets only thread'? You could then link that post of the summery in that grey message box so all can see.

At least I tried.

Lot of clubs in for that kid and some of the peoples saying he is a life long dipper fan.
Doesn't really matter at that age, Gerrerad and Carragher are examples(both supported Everton).

We got Agent Solskjaer:wenger:

Fair points. Don't think Xabi should be first choice but can see the logic in keeping him around as experienced back-up.

Is there a fee by the way?
I have checked around there and I haven't seen anything regarding a fee. If this is all true, i doubt he will go for much.

Status
Not open for further replies.