Transfer Tweets - 2014/15 | Stay On Topic & No Blacklisted Tweets (see OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

5 days and 4 hours left for PL. Seria A is 5 days 3 hours, I don't know if that has an impact on out going signings if we go past the their closing time.

Did you see the fee he received for Di Maria? He's a great player, no doubt, but that was more than double what he's worth. I'd say Perez won that one.
I'd rather pay double on all our transfers than see it go in the glazers bank accounts

:eek::eek:

People will stay we spending too much because of the £150m spent this season.

(All times BST)

Manchester United transfer related

00:06 Carlo Laudisa (GdS): Vidal’s agent in Manchester (05:09 GdS: Rumours he’s already agreed a five year contract with United) (09:34 Ian Ladyman (Mail): United in talks with Juventus over Vidal) (09:36 Tuttosport: Juventus have said no to United RE: Vidal) (13:17 Daniel Taylor: United’s briefings on Vidal different to June/July) (13:28 Di Marzio: Vidal’s agent is actually in Milan) (15:38 Sky Italia: Vidal agent says United came to try to sign Vidal during World Cup but haven’t contacted him since) (17:13 Omid Zamani: Vidal on field in Vinovo training with teammates)
06:49 GdS: Hernandez is first alternative to Falcao in Juventus’ pursuit of a striker (10:30 Sky Italia: Juve interest in Hernandez real. Been constant contact with agent and United who want €10M for a loan move)
16:51 The Times: Blind will not be sold on cheap according to Ajax
18:00 Dominic Fifield (The Guardian): Zaha could be Warnock’s first signing at Palace

Other teams

06:17 Mundo Deportivo: Barcelona chose to sign Douglas instead of Cuadrado because Cuadrado didn’t want to play rightback (17:08 Mundo Deportivo: Glen Johnson was an option before they chose to sign Douglas instead)
09:35 Daniel Feliciano: Sporting say Carvalho can leave for €30M as they realise nobody will €45M. Arsenal favourites
12:08 BBC: Arsenal unlikely to sign striker. Current plan is existing options. They also want CB/DM but likely to be squad player not big name as will be back-up
12:48 Metro: Zigic’s agent confirms Arsenal move is close (14:49 Matt Law (Telegraph): Zigic move nonsense)
14:37 Di Marzio: Milan want Torres and Van Ginkel on loan (17:27 Van Ginkel Agent: Loan to Milan refused as he wants to stay at Chelsea)
15:38 Sky Sports Pete O’Rourke: Hull closing in on Palermo striker Abel Hernandez
15:38 Sky Sports Pete O’Rourke: Leicester City make bid for Dame N’Doye
15:39 Sky Sports sources: Leicester agree fee with Wigan for James McArthur
15:49 Mundo Deportivo: Bayern interested in signing Xabi Alonso
15:52 FC Metz: Maiga leaves West Ham for FC Metz on loan with option to buy
15:54 AS: Arbeloa wants to leave Real Madrid. Chelsea and Napoli interested
16:07 LFC: Kristoffer Peterson completes permanent move to FC Utrecht
17:23 Tottenham Hotspur: Fazio signs on a four-year contract
18:02 Di Marzio: Benatia medical done
18:21 Perez going all out for Falcao and Reus
18:46 Juventus attempt to sign Muriel but Udinese say no

Other tweets

12:09 BBC: Warnock set to be appointed as Palace manager
14:00 Mike Keegan: LvG says that in English, the ‘G’ in his surname should be pronounced
14:58 Former Arsenal goalkeeper Almunia retires after heart condition found
15:43 Mark Ogden (Telegraph): United could play just 44 more games this season if they get to the FA Cup final. Even more reason to move on fringe players
16:05 di Maria unveiling tomorrow at 15:00 BST
17:33 Xabi Alonso retires from international football
18:51 Di Maria to United cartoon
19:04 Sport Witness: link to find out how long is left in transfer windows

(All times BST)

00:06 Carlo Laudisa (GdS): Vidal’s agent in Manchester (05:09 GdS: Rumours he’s already agreed a five year contract with United) (09:34 Ian Ladyman (Mail): United in talks with Juventus over Vidal) (09:36 Tuttosport: Juventus have said no to United RE: Vidal) (13:17 Daniel Taylor: United’s briefings on Vidal different to June/July) (13:28 Di Marzio: Vidal’s agent is actually in Milan) (15:38 Sky Italia: Vidal agent says United came to try to sign Vidal during World Cup but haven’t contacted him since) (17:13 Omid Zamani: Vidal on field in Vinovo training with teammates)
06:49 GdS: Hernandez is first alternative to Falcao in Juventus’ pursuit of a striker (10:30 Sky Italia: Juve interest in Hernandez real. Been constant contact with agent and United who want €10M for a loan move)
18:00 Dominic Fifield (The Guardian): Zaha could be Warnock’s first signing at Palace

Other teams

06:17 Mundo Deportivo: Barcelona chose to sign Douglas instead of Cuadrado because Cuadrado didn’t want to play rightback (17:08 Mundo Deportivo: Glen Johnson was an option before they chose to sign Douglas instead)
09:35 Daniel Feliciano: Sporting say Carvalho can leave for €30M as they realise nobody will €45M. Arsenal favourites
12:08 BBC: Arsenal unlikely to sign striker. Current plan is existing options. They also want CB/DM but likely to be squad player not big name as will be back-up
12:48 Metro: Zigic’s agent confirms Arsenal move is close (14:49 Matt Law (Telegraph): Zigic move nonsense)
14:37 Di Marzio: Milan want Torres and Van Ginkel on loan (17:27 Van Ginkel Agent: Loan to Milan refused as he wants to stay at Chelsea)
15:38 Sky Sports Pete O’Rourke: Hull closing in on Palermo striker Abel Hernandez

Other tweets

14:00 Mike Keegan: LvG says that in English, the ‘G’ in his surname should be pronounced
15:43 Mark Ogden (Telegraph): United could play just 44 more games this season if they get to the FA Cup final. Even more reason to move on fringe players

Nice!

5 days and 4 hours left for PL. Seria A is 5 days 3 hours, I don't know if that has an impact on out going signings if we go past the their closing time.

The deadlines are for incoming transfers if I am not wrong.

WUM alert

I'm not wumming. I don't think I've ever been a WUM on here and I'm not doing it now.

I don't think a player like Di Maria was essential to what United need. Surely the same amount of money would've got someone like Hummels or a really top class defensive mid? You know, something United could do with? Or even a proper wingback if LVG is persisting with it and not having to use Ashley Young and Valencia.

The fact so many people think he's worth 60 odd million speaks volumes of how ruined and up the shitter football is. And I say that not because of his ability because I think he's an excellent player.

Pretty much any other fanbase would be a wee bit alarmed at having to pay so much for a player yet in English football it's pennies. You've got guys turning down Benfica to play for Hull. It's crazy.

I'm not wumming. I don't think I've ever been a WUM on here and I'm not doing it now.

I don't think a player like Di Maria was essential to what United need. Surely the same amount of money would've got someone like Hummels or a really top class defensive mid? You know, something United could do with? Or even a proper wingback if LVG is persisting with it and not having to use Ashley Young and Valencia.

The fact so many people think he's worth 60 odd million speaks volumes of how ruined and up the shitter football is. And I say that not because of his ability because I think he's an excellent player.

Pretty much any other fanbase would be a wee bit alarmed at having to pay so much for a player yet in English football it's pennies. You've got guys turning down Benfica to play for Hull. It's crazy.

A new CM wouldn't have solved our lack of ideas/pace. Signing a player like Di Maria is as important to us as signing a CM.

A new CM wouldn't have solved our lack of ideas/pace. Signing a player like Di Maria is as important to us as signing a CM.

United's lack of ideas isn't down to not having the players. Mata, Rooney, van Persie, Kagawa. These are excellent, attack-minded players. For a few seasons now they've been overrun in midfield in many games. Surely a solid, defensive midfielder would be #1 priority as far as bringing in midfielder's goes. Protects the (again, not wumming but speaking honestly) weak defence as well as freeing up the more attack-minded players throughout the squad.

#1 priority overall imo should be a centre back or two. I just think for the fee paid for Di Maria United could've brought in one or two excellent centre backs and improved their team further.

Rafa and Shaw will be out wing backs they are injured or not fit, I have no doubt they will both be superb in the wing back role.
Di Maria is one of the best players in the world imo, he's a big game player, 26 years old, Fast, Intelligent.
You say he's not what we need? Well, maybe CM and CB are more important at this minute but, we have as our wingers Valencia, Young and Januzaj, the latter the only one being any good and he's still very young and maybe a little naive at times.
We are the biggest club in the world we should be signing players like this.
Imo Angel Di Maria is worth every single penny. Mark my words he will transform our forward play.

Amen

United's lack of ideas isn't down to not having the players. Mata, Rooney, van Persie, Kagawa. These are excellent, attack-minded players. For a few seasons now they've been overrun in midfield in many games. Surely a solid, defensive midfielder would be #1 priority as far as bringing in midfielder's goes. Protects the (again, not wumming but speaking honestly) weak defence as well as freeing up the more attack-minded players throughout the squad.

#1 priority overall imo should be a centre back or two. I just think for the fee paid for Di Maria United could've brought in one or two excellent centre backs and improved their team further.

We lack pace and someone who can create for wide. Di Maria potentiaaly solves that problem and arguably gives Van Gaal the chance to change the system and play other formations. Fact is we aren't creative enough as recent form shows.

One central defender has come in and I suspect at least another midfielder comes in as well.

The modish thing to do is use the last 5 TRANSFER WINDOWS when people want to make the point that United are spending a lot of money.

(All times BST)

Other teams

Other tweets

Top stuff damo !!
Exactly what I need when I get home from work !!
Zigic to arsenal !!! WTF,s that !!

Those 4 players you mentioned are creative but have no pace and don't function well together. Di Maria offers pace along with creativity, maybe he'll make them click. If we add a world class CM, we'll be even better of course.

You talk about the excellent players we could've signed. Who are they? Do you not think those at Utd are as aware of where we need strengthened as any of us?

Last edited:
Yikes you think he is worth less than £30 million? :wenger:

I think he's worth round about 30m. I certainly don't think he's worth 60 odd million. If you're paying 60 million you'd expect to be getting a guy who scores a shitload of goals. Mata's a better player than him and nobody would ever have said you'd need to pay 60 million to take him from Chelsea.

It's 359m £, and while other club have sold players we haven't, our spendings have been made on an extremely stable team.
In reality the club spent more than Liverpool and Chelsea.

Both of you's are spot on. So bro-hug & make up :)

A little less conversation, a little more tweets please
All these long discussions ain't satisfactioning me
A little more news about vidal
A little less stats and more van gaal
Come on adnan log in the cafe and satisfy me.

Rafa and Shaw will be out wing backs they are injured or not fit, I have no doubt they will both be superb in the wing back role.
Di Maria is one of the best players in the world imo, he's a big game player, 26 years old, Fast, Intelligent.
You say he's not what we need? Well, maybe CM and CB are more important at this minute but, we have as our wingers Valencia, Young and Januzaj, the latter the only one being any good and he's still very young and maybe a little naive at times.
We are the biggest club in the world we should be signing players like this.
Imo Angel Di Maria is worth every single penny. Mark my words he will transform our forward play.

Amen

Based on what evidence?

I think he's worth round about 30m. I certainly don't think he's worth 60 odd million. If you're paying 60 million you'd expect to be getting a guy who scores a shitload of goals. Mata's a better player than him and nobody would ever have said you'd need to pay 60 million to take him from Chelsea.

What in the world ? Find us a player as versatile, experienced, tenacious and effective as Di Maria playing in a similar position for £30 million. When you want to sign premier players coming from a position of relative weakness you have to put forth a premium fee I'm afraid. And this is a top 5/ certainly top 10 European performer in 2013/ 2014 we're talking about here. A player who was as integral to Madrid's triumph last season as Ronaldo. Such players cannot be extracted for £30 million. It's not circa 2000 anymore.

If you are talking about Kuwaiti dinars then you are right, he worth around 25-30m

Just seen that league transfer deadline thing. Crap, that means we can't sign all those Norwegian and Swedish players we were gonna get.

But more interesting is that the German and Portuguese leagues close a bit early, so any deals with them will have to be sorted out faster than normal (hi, Carvalho).

Did you see the fee he received for Di Maria? He's a great player, no doubt, but that was more than double what he's worth. I'd say Perez won that one.
I think that's me most bizarre post I've read on the Cafe.

Status
Not open for further replies.