Transfer Tweets - 2014/15 | Stay On Topic & No Blacklisted Tweets (see OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

I hope that is not true as it would be hard to find a like for like replacement and he offers so much for the team. Over the last 5 years he has been our second best player after Ronaldo and last year him and modric were our two best players over the two legs vs Bayern. It is too early to say if kroos can replace him in terms of performance, balance and importance to the team.

Plus Alaba and Lahm will likely feature there. Martinez, Schwein and Thiago all injured though right?

That Martinez injury really screwed us over didn't it? Both Benatia and Vidal lost because of it. Bayern paying Alonso now the contract Kroos wanted is rather mental though.

Well for starters Shaqiri, Robben, Ribery play on the wing and Gotze is more of a #10/winger also. That leaves Thiago, Martinez and Schweinsteger from that list. Both Schweinsteger and Martinez have long term injures. So it makes perfect sense. Thiago's injury prone. Lahm can play there but that leaves Rafinha at right back so is not reliable. They also have a young German in midfield but not sure how he is going to get along. That guy must be stupid to post that.

What was wrong with it?

I always thought that on the whole there was some sort of professional code of conduct, whereby players didn't mock each other publically. Except for the idiots and the crazy. What goes around comes around. If these were the days of Roy Keane, he'd be on the end of some special treatment next time we played them.

then again, if these were the days of Roy Keane, we wouldn't be in this mess.

I recognize you're probably on an LFC sponsored WUM, but nonetheless, there's a serious answer for you.

I always thought that on the whole there was some sort of professional code of conduct, whereby players didn't mock each other publically. Except for the idiots and the crazy. What goes around comes around. If these were the days of Roy Keane, he'd be on the end of some special treatment next time we played them.

I recognize you're probably on an LFC sponsored WUM, but nonetheless, there's a serious answer for you.
Christ, I think you need to just learn to take some banter.

He typed 'hahahaha' because his local rivals were getting torn apart. I see absolutely nothing wrong with it. I doubt Keane would even care.

He typed 'hahahaha' because his local rivals were getting torn apart. I see absolutely nothing wrong with it. I doubt Keane would even care.

As I said in my last post (not to you). it didn't bother me. Just offering a theory.

Keane would've clattered him though.

And Tim Cahill tweeted #bring back Moyes

What a loon!!

If you spend 150 and recoup 15m, you spend more money than if you spend 250m and recoup 150m.
Do you mean "net" spend? Then yes net spending is lower in the second case. But just spending, then second scenario still means you spent more.

I think he's worth round about 30m. I certainly don't think he's worth 60 odd million. If you're paying 60 million you'd expect to be getting a guy who scores a shitload of goals. Mata's a better player than him and nobody would ever have said you'd need to pay 60 million to take him from Chelsea.

In that case you are probably in a minority of one on this forum. What do you value the likes of Ronaldo and Bale at out of curiosity? Di Maria was arguably Real Madrid's best player after Ronaldo last season so I'm sorry but there is no way he is worth as little as £30 million. IMO he is worth around £50-55 million so we have overpaid for him but not by much.

Ancelotti wanted Vidal already last year, who do you think will his replacement be, if they lose Alonso to Vidal?

I dont know, I guess you mean VIdal. And we didnt loose Benatia cause of Martinez, we lost him cause he wanted CL football so we didnt have a real chance of getting him in any case.

Status
Not open for further replies.