Tom Cleverley | 2010/11 Performances (on loan at Wigan)

Status
Not open for further replies.
That cross he put in early on when Rodallega probably should have scored was brilliant.

Under normal circumstances i would prefer him to stay at Wigan but we are struggling in midfield, with Hargreaves constantly injured, Gibson not being good enough, with giggs/scholes being able to play some games and the fact Valencia is injured and not likely to return until March and also the fact we have no back up for Nani apart from Obertan, therefore i would prefer Cleverley to return.

tell you what...

he wont be warming our bench with the amount of games coming up...and most importantly, from what I have seen of him, he is not all that far off Fletcher and Anderson...

We will be getting an excellent squad player free...

This lad will be among the midfielders Fergie will choose from next season.

Thats how good he is.

I thought he looked quite lively in the second half yesterday... have to admit I haven't watched him much over the last couple of weeks, but if this is what he can do now, call him back as soon as possible. He'd give us a very decent option on the left with an eye for the goal. Cracking effort just over the bar in the second half I'd like to add...

You think they would actually watch the match before writing things like that

20zdzqc.jpg

Had an average game last night but still threatened on a couple of occasions, came close with a belter. That's how good the boy is.

He certainly would have had to be pretty clever to handball it from there.

thats awful journalism. How can you feck that up?

When do you ever see anything positive about United in the press? If they can blame us or one of our players for something then they will, i they can't they probably still will anyway.

He's using his mind to control McArthur's arms, thats how good he is.

Look at how they've capitalised "MANCHESTER UNITED" in the headline as well, as though that's the main selling point of the article. Embarrassing in so many ways. Awful journalism all round.

Well done to Alan Nixon, really earning his wages there.

When do you ever see anything positive about United in the press? If they can blame us or one of our players for something then they will, i they can't they probably still will anyway.

That's not true of all the press but The Mirror have been consciously trying to snare all the Sun-boycotting Liverpool fans for a while now. Clever marketing, to be fair.

You think they would actually watch the match before writing things like that

20zdzqc.jpg

That's hilarious. :lol:

Reminds me of the whole Gera episode during the West Ham - Fulham game.

That's not true of all the press but The Mirror have been consciously trying to snare all the Sun-boycotting Liverpool fans for a while now. Clever marketing, to be fair.

It's true! Read anything from that guy who does the football betting bit, McDonnell is it?

EDIT: Actually McDonnell is alright, just looked through the mirror's columnists and the guy i was on about doesn't seem to be there anymore.

Can we have him back for january and then send him on loan again on 31st?

tell you what...

he wont be warming our bench with the amount of games coming up...and most importantly, from what I have seen of him, he is not all that far off Fletcher and Anderson...

Thats how good he is.
Largely agree. Playing more is not always the answer - he'll be part of the squad next year anyway and there's a shortage in his position right now. I can see him coming back here and being thrown in the deep end - where I'm sure he'll thrive. He's done that for the last few seasons. He may play less here but he may learn more.

We can loan him out to Wigan again I guess - but I think if he's going to come back, he should stay. Valencia is realistically not going to be fully fit until next season anyway, and Cleverley is an option in this regard.

Tom has been good, but I don't think he has been as good as a lot of people claim. If anything. N'Zogbia is the only player currently at Wigan that could make a contribution to our team.

The boy has potential, but imo he should stay at Wigan and find his legs.

That's it then, we need to sign him back now and stick him in goal.

His extendible arms are going to be vital in the second half of the season.

If anything. N'Zogbia is the only player currently at Wigan that could make a contribution to our team.

I would love to see N'Zogbia at United, has a bit of an attitude issue but his talent is not in doubt. We do miss a left sided player.

I'd prefer to see him stay at Wigan at least until the end of the season. If he wasn't a united player, I doubt folk would be commenting on him at all on this forum. Yes, he has been the best player for Wigan on a few occasions but Charlie Adam has been the star man for Blackpool week in, week out but I don't see him been touted as United quality.
I'm not saying Cleverley isn't a talented young player - that he clearly is, but I think for him to stay at Wigan and playing every match when fit would be more benefit to him.

I would love to see N'Zogbia at United, has a bit of an attitude issue but his talent is not in doubt. We do miss a left sided player.

N'Zogbia is left-footed but he plays his best football on the right. I do not think he is United quality; certainly his temperament is suspect.

Cleverley reminds me of Park. He is a very hard worker and is comfortable on either wing.

Nzogbia would be a good player for a team of Liverpool's standing.

But he's fecking mental.

So what are you saying, Claymore? Crumpsall suggested leaving Tom at Wigan for the rest of the season, and you seemed to disagree but agree. Are you saying he (and Welbeck) should be on loan for another season still, or just that they will never make it and we'll just have to sell them?

I'm saying that IF I was manager (probably get us relegated ha) then I'd implement Welbeck and Cleverly pronto, as soon as we can get them back BUT I reckon if we actually did that in January or whenever then they'd take much too long to get to where they should be. I'm saying that I fear they might rot away a little like Gibson, Owen or whoever instead of getting the minutes they need to develop. Bale and the people like that at other clubs got good because they're played regularly, they wouldn't necessarily get that here. So for that, I reckon they'd be better off where they are, getting games, goals/assists and doing well, rather than our bench and an odd 10 minutes here and there.

I mean Hernandez has been awesome but would probably have to score 5 goals every game to dislodge Rooney and Berbatov, whilst Berba has been in the form of his life, (well nearly), and still gets benched for the big games in favour of Rooney. This is the difference between us and the small clubs like Wigan et al.

Welbeck is 20, Cleverly is 21 and they're doing well so should get chances with us IMO now, and in the league not just the Carling cup or reserves. I know many will talk about examples like Scholes and when they started but its a young persons games today and Rooney and Walcott were going to World cups younger than them.

Rafael seems to be a bit of an exception to what I've said above, I mean he is still young too yet gets a fair bit of games. Harder for chances with more forward players though and RB, unlike, LB seems to be vacant. Hope if Cleverly comes back that he gets a fair few good chances and takes them.

tell you what...

Thats how good he is.

But when the fixture pile up dies down and players come back then what? He will only probably get a good month of playing time then he'll be seeing as much action as the likes of Obertan. Leave him be.

But when the fixture pile up dies down and players come back then what? He will only probably get a good month of playing time then he'll be seeing as much action as the likes of Obertan. Leave him be.
First of all; I think he'll have a place in the squad for the remainder of the season. Second of all, we could loan him out on January 31st when the transfer window closes, after having used him for a month.

Valencia will take some time coming back even when he's completely healed. A combination of Nani, Park, and Cleverly would be very good in a rotation if you include Obertan in there. We can't lean on Nani and Park to start every single match.

Status
Not open for further replies.