Tom Cleverley | 2010/11 Performances (on loan at Wigan)

Status
Not open for further replies.
he Latics chief told The Sun: "He's only 21 but you look at his performances against Liverpool and West Brom and you can see the huge potential.

"Tom's tactical awareness is not normal for such a young man. I don't think we have seen many cases like him before.

"Without doubt, I see him as a Three Lions player.

"There's a really exciting group of players coming through - Jack Wilshere, Jordan Henderson, Tom and Victor Moses.

"They are still young but all have a great tactical awareness. They are going to be the future of English football.

"Now Tom has to concentrate on his football and keep his standards really high.

"He's got the motivation to improve and, hopefully, that's going to give us a lot of points and happy faces at Wigan."
:drool:

We should leave him on loan for the full season I reckon, give him some games and continuity

Then put him in a special audio-visual immersion tank all summer, continuously bombarded by clips of Paul Scholes playing football

Then give him a go next season

His finish today reminded me of becks (99 last match against spurs)
Curled in from the right side into the far corner

We should leave him on loan for the full season I reckon, give him some games and continuity

Then put him in a special audio-visual immersion tank all summer, continuously bombarded by clips of Paul Scholes playing football

I agree. We should let him stay at Wigan. Martinez seems to really rate him, so he'll get plenty of games. We'll also have Valencia back by February and Obertan seems to be playing quite well and getting chances, so we're quite covered on the wings and I don't think Fergie will play him in the middle anyway, at least not just yet.

Didn't they try that with Blanca in the Street Fighter movie? They subjected him to countless images of violence and then he turned into Blanca. Could work the same way for turning someone into Scholes.

Didn't they try that with Blanca in the Street Fighter movie? They subjected him to countless images of violence and then he turned into Blanca. Could work the same way for turning someone into Scholes.

That or Clockwork Orange. We shall see...

They ran an interview with him on Mutv and he stated his favourite position as being the attacking midfielder in a 3.

Fits in well with what you said about Anderson being better in a deeper position. Looks promising.

Think it'll be great if he stays there for the season rather than sitting on our bench from Jan onwards. Always had good hopes for Tom.

Had a decent game today in amongst the garbage that he was playing alongside. The service was very poor to him, with more balls being lobbed up to him rather than in to his feet the way he likes.

He won a very soft freekick for the first goal. His goal was a heavily deflected one, but the dummy to create it and his turn inside was very clever. In the second half he continued to pass and move well but was often let down by his teammates inability to keep posession. At the end he swung in a fantastic cross which the Stoke defence did very well to deal with.

The main downside i'm seeing with him is some of his defensive work. Certainly he could do with bulking up a bit. He tracks back very well but he can be weak at times going in to the tackle and can be exploited aerially when he's back defending. Not a massive problem but something he might have to work on.

Encouraging again.

I can see the point in bringing him back in Jan and playing him. I'm not sure Park should be first choice on the left in every game especially one where we expect to see the lionshare of the ball. I think Cleverley could make roughly 10 or so starts for us and make a real name for himself with us from Jan onward.

It's a toughie as to whether to bring him back...

Just because he's doing well, it doesn't mean he'll automatically get a look in here. I'd be in favour of leaving him there the whole season. A relegation battle could be the making of him.

Zoolander is absolute gash.

thheadshakeinoutview1.gif

I suppose it's getting obvious but...... he's starting today.

He's been good so far. Played on the right wing for most of the half and has shown good vision on a few occasions. He's also been superb defensively, made some great challenges on Baines.

Looks the real deal doesnt he? About time we had a quality young player coming through the ranks who actually has a chance of making it here.

Looks the real deal doesnt he? About time we had a quality young player coming through the ranks who actually has a chance of making it here.

Macheda? Welbeck? The Da Silvas (though they came from another club).

I didnt include the foreign lads. Welbecks a good shout and i have high hopes for him aswell.

Status
Not open for further replies.