Tom Cleverley | 2010/11 Performances (on loan at Wigan)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tracked back like Park on a good day, today. Against the in form pairing of Pienar and Baines. Really frustrated them

Do we think it's likely then, with Nani injured, Park off to the Asia cup, Valencia out, Hargreaves still out, and the Beckham loan looking unlikely, we'll recall our Tom?

It would be a shame to end his loan early as he is getting regular football but if he can do a job for us then he's got to be the option along with Welbeck.

Do we think it's likely then, with Nani injured, Park off to the Asia cup, Valencia out, Hargreaves still out, and the Beckham loan looking unlikely, we'll recall our Tom?

I might be wrong but I think Tom is coming back in jan and it's been well known for awhile now

Ah my bad, I thought it was officially a season long loan and I hadn't seen anything official to suggest otherwise.

Fergie said that we'd be bringing him back, but I'm not sure if that's still the case. He originally thought we'd keep him at Old Trafford but ended up loaning him.

If it was a short term loan can we take him back for January, and then loan him back out when Park's back? Is such a thing legal?

Nothing is confirmed - there was mention by SAF to bringing him back but, that was a while ago. Even today there is a story with Cleverly saying he doesn't know what is in store for January but, he is scheduled to speak to SAF. He'll be happy to stay at Wigan as he is getting regular games.

The kid scored again today.. he's indeed really talented!! Last year when he scored quite a lot in League-1 ppl say that's a lower standard league.. Since he started playing more regularly with Wigan, he has been superb for them.. What a prospect!

He's too awesome for Wiggers.

I hope, he'll return and receive some first team football from the boss.

Wigan FC have a football forum? Well i'll be damned..You must have searched the depths of the Internet to find that.

If we can get through January without needing him then he's better off staying where he is. Playing a full season as first choice in the PL could be the making of him. Plus by all accounts he's playing a lot of his football in the middle for Wigan and if he came back he'd probably be out wide.

Ah my bad, I thought it was officially a season long loan and I hadn't seen anything official to suggest otherwise.

:p

it's cool so many players get loaned out, it's hard to keep up. Wellbecks is a season long loan. Cleverlys just until Janurary - and I think sadly untimately he'll remain at Wigan...deep deep down. I say that because I think he could have been handy for us now but never mind, atleast people are seeing what the fuss is about.

------------Vds-----------
Rafael-Rio---Vidic---Evra
----------Carrick---------
----Anderson-Cleverley--
Valencia-Rooney---Nani

I hope to see this at some point this season.

So, question for people who know about the details of the loan etc...

Is it theoretically possible for us to get him straight back and chuck him in against West Brom on Saturday?

Yeah, I know he won't have had a chance to train with the lads (though if we can get him straight back for 1st Jan, I'd have thought he could start training with us tomorrow which at least gives him a couple of days to remember everybody's names), but fate has decreed that we're suddenly very short of wingers just at the moment he's available, and he's certainly match fit and in good form.

Thoughts... is it possible / practical / likely?

Leave him there, let him develop for another few months. Next season him and Werlbeck are certainties to be in most of our match day squads.

Would love that to be the case but not so sure to be honest, I mean Michael Owen and Hernadez can find times where they don't get a look in, good performances, goals or not. Some of Hernandez form for example would have him starting most games but not here at United where we've got a massive squad. Cleverly looks a real talent and is doing well but he just wouldn't get those opportunities here.

As much as I'd love us to bring both back, even with their form and goals etc I don't think they'll get all that much action, not consistent anyway and they'd be therefore better off where they are. Reckon if we got decent offers for them then they might be sold. :nervous: How great would it be to have an attacking player and a striker of our OWN, instead of buying. We usually do alright bringing through defenders etc.

So what are you saying, Claymore? Crumpsall suggested leaving Tom at Wigan for the rest of the season, and you seemed to disagree but agree. Are you saying he (and Welbeck) should be on loan for another season still, or just that they will never make it and we'll just have to sell them?

Personally, I'd say with the impending end of Owen, Giggs and Scholes, there's plenty of opportunity for these to to come back and become regular squad players, and start fighting to become regular starters. Welbeck may as well stay at Sunderland for the rest of this term, but Cleverley could actually be handy to have around now.

Would love that to be the case but not so sure to be honest, I mean Michael Owen and Hernadez can find times where they don't get a look in, good performances, goals or not. Some of Hernandez form for example would have him starting most games but not here at United where we've got a massive squad. Cleverly looks a real talent and is doing well but he just wouldn't get those opportunities here.

As much as I'd love us to bring both back, even with their form and goals etc I don't think they'll get all that much action, not consistent anyway and they'd be therefore better off where they are. Reckon if we got decent offers for them then they might be sold. :nervous: How great would it be to have an attacking player and a striker of our OWN, instead of buying. We usually do alright bringing through defenders etc.

Nope, they'll both be here next season, Welbeck will be one of four strikers with Rooney, Berbatov and Hernandez, while Owen will likely be released and Macheda sent on loan. Meanwhile Cleverley will take a squad role in the midfield, either alongside Giggs and Scholes to learn from them in their final season or to help fill the void they leave.

Nope, they'll both be here next season, Welbeck will be one of four strikers with Rooney, Berbatov and Hernandez, while Owen will likely be released and Macheda sent on loan. Meanwhile Cleverley will take a squad role in the midfield, either alongside Giggs and Scholes to learn from them in their final season or to help fill the void they leave.

That's exactly the way I see it but I wasn't expecting Rossi or Pique to leave when they did so you never know.

The prospect of Welbeck and Cleverley offering us additional attacking options next season is very exciting. I can't wait.

He should come back for January and we can loan him back to Wigan on the 31st.

I've seen him better but he showed class on occasion tonight. Created the corner which ultimately cost Arsenal 2 points.

Leave him at Wigan let him get his game time up.. Better off their than warming up our bench!!

Status
Not open for further replies.