Television Tho Prop Grops Throps

Sheamus is great. People hate him because they're doing the cool thing by sucking the dicks of the indie guys and hating anyone with a body that takes longer than 6 months to build because it's what Vince loves, and Vince has to be wrong about everything. Sheamus has a good physical style and works pretty stiff.
Good wrestler(His best of 3 falls match with Bryan was amazing for example), but like Del Rio, the crowd simply doesn't care about him. Has got more go away heat, than actually hating on his character.

And the gimmick continues.

Only one man in charge, eh? I think every writer who has left has had the same complaint, all pointing to Vince.
That makes me think, its rather controversial, but did Vince get lucky in the Attitude Era with having that amount of quality in terms of stars, and a very decent at the time Vince Russo and Jim Ross behind the scenes?

That makes me think, its rather controversial, but did Vince get lucky in the Attitude Era with having that amount of quality in terms of stars, and a very decent at the time Vince Russo and Jim Ross behind the scenes?

I think yes and no. Yes in terms of the amount of talent (but saying that the talent they have now could be just as good). The thing is, back then WWE was backs against the wall, and it was outside the box stuff which helped a lot of the superstars be more of a character then very scripted.

It seemed Vince was set in one way, the one that worked in 80s. He wanted that for 90s (and was doing it). Backs against the wall, so he changed mindset cos it was that or go out of business. Once he dominated, he seems to have gone back to how he wants cos he knows there really is no competition.

IMO anyway.

It's going to happen at some point. It's shit, but everyone needs to accept it.

Or he might be a Sandow and lose the match / cash in :P

Sheamus is great. People hate him because they're doing the cool thing by sucking the dicks of the indie guys and hating anyone with a body that takes longer than 6 months to build because it's what Vince loves, and Vince has to be wrong about everything. Sheamus has a good physical style and works pretty stiff.
I kind of agree with this, Sheamus is a good worker, but he is kind of boring too. his 'mean streak bad ass' persona was ruined for me during the Nexus storyline where he kept running away. Also, just because we enjoy the indie guys doesn't mean we're wrong, take Kevin Owens, he is up there with the best workers in the company at the moment, just because i loved his work in ROH, doesn't mean i can't love his work in WWE too.

I kind of agree with this, Sheamus is a good worker, but he is kind of boring too. his 'mean streak bad ass' persona was ruined for me during the Nexus storyline where he kept running away. Also, just because we enjoy the indie guys doesn't mean we're wrong, take Kevin Owens, he is up there with the best workers in the company at the moment, just because i loved his work in ROH, doesn't mean i can't love his work in WWE too.

He's very good, very good - but also greatly exaggerated because of who he is.

NXT Spoilers and stuff

Not really a spoiler at this stage but annoyed they cut Athena's debut.

Gionna/Marley is now Liv Morgan, hopefully they stick with something soon.

It's Nia/Bayley at NXT Takeover London then. They should be able to tell a good enough story with this one.

Emma/Asuka of course which I love.

Blue Pants returns. Internet reporters in fail shocker.

Cesaro is pretty big and also an indie darling, so I don't think it's a body image thing. I'd say the main reason he's unpopular is over-saturation and being a 'Vince babyface', which means that even as a 'good guy' he depicted as beating up people with no provocation, belittling them, stealing their girlfriend, and generally being insufferable.

Sheamus is good enough as a worker and has a unique look, but WWE have over-pushed and over-exposed him and a lot of people resent the sight of him now and I don't think it's just smarks or contrarians.

Cesaro is pretty big and also an indie darling, so I don't think it's a body image thing. I'd say the main reason he's unpopular is over-saturation and being a 'Vince babyface', which means that even as a 'good guy' he depicted as beating up people with no provocation, belittling them, stealing their girlfriend, and generally being insufferable.

Sheamus is good enough as a worker and has a unique look, but WWE have over-pushed and over-exposed him and a lot of people resent the sight of him now and I don't think it's just smarks or contrarians.

He's barely featured in the last few years.

Sheamus can always be counted upon for doing good work but has absolutely zero personality.

Does Sheamus blow Vince? I can't understand why he keeps getting pushed. Nobody noticed he was gone when he was injured for like half a year. That alone was very telling. Making him Money in the bank and inevitable WWE Champ seems a bit strange to me.

Maybe a Sheamus fan, or general WWE fan can tell me why I'm wrong?
Sheamus is pretty popular with Vince and HHH, and while it's apparent now he can't lead the roster as they probably once hoped, he'll still be in line for a lot of angles and pushes.

I think a lot of the problems people have with him are with the organisation as a whole rather than him. One thing that annoys me the most about him is that if he feuds with a face he tends to run them down in a one-sided way both verbally and through the course of matches, but this is a feature of a lot of 'favoured guys' in their feuds (Cena is infamous for stopping guys dead in their tracks after a feud with him) and thus the problem is the booking and not the man himself.

Sheamus is awful. I don't see what you guys see in him at all.

Far superior talent throughout the roster who should be in his over pushed spot.

Can't believe they had McIntyre & Sheamus at the same time and went with Sheamus. McIntyre is a far superior worker.

:lol: Drew McIntyre is one of the most boring, least charismatic people I've ever seen in my life. No matter how hard he might work he would never appeal to me and I'd just fall asleep.

He's excellent. Just wasn't booked well.

Had the look to be a top heel as well.

If Reigns is turning heel, would be hilarious if Authority trick Sheamus into going out to cash in, (like Rollins did to make it a threeway) but instead without Sheamus knowing, its a way for Reigns to get a quick win to become champion (whilst screwing out Ambrose as he wasnt pinned). Then of course a beatdown. Just need to add a tagteam (not New Day)

This is where Sheamus having MITB is a problem, cos if he didnt, I would say Sheamus and Wade. Unless they forget altogether about the cash in today, but tease towards it with Sheamus having MITB but being in Authority as well (making Reigns paranoid). hmm.

It worked once with Rollins. It'll definitely not work again as neither Reigns nor Ambrose have the x factor to pull off a successful heel in the Authority.

We certainly dont know that. I remember when Rollins turned heel, everybody was like "WTF? hes built for face. The obvious choice was Ambrose" etc. I actually think Reigns would work well as a heel and we will see his promos improve as they wont have to be too goody / cheesy suffering suckatash.

Just watched X-Seve again and it's amazing how well this PPV has aged after almost 15 years. The matches still hold up, TLC II is still one of my favorite matches of all time and to be totallyhonest I forgot just how absurdly brilliant the main event was. Add in Angle vs Benoit and you have 3 of Mania's greatest matches plus a strong card in Jericho/Regal, Kane vs Raven vs Show, Test vs Eddie, Shane vs Vince and Taker vs HHH. Still an untouchable card for me.

Watched a few matches from LU season 1 last night, so enjoyable. Quality product that.

Survivor Series going ahead tonight with heightened security after Anonymous claimed to have uncovered a planned ISIS attack at the event.

Scary stuff. Hopefully nothing comes of it.

Survivor Series going ahead tonight with heightened security after Anonymous claimed to have uncovered a planned ISIS attack at the event.

Scary stuff. Hopefully nothing comes of it.
:nervous: Hopefully it's just a suspicion.

:nervous: Hopefully it's just a suspicion.

Yep. Fingers crossed. Apparently there's 8 worldwide attacks planned for tonight.. But that's for another thread..

Triple H tweeted this about tonight (spoilers because there's a lot of tweets)

You'd like to think if there was a real threat and worry, they wouldn't go ahead so I'd say the fact it is happening is a positive sign.

Bags have been banned from the areana and fans have been encouraged to take public transport.

Threaten our freedom and way of life, that's one thing, but threaten my wrestling? feck that!

Bags have been banned from the areana and fans have been encouraged to take public transport.

Threaten our freedom and way of life, that's one thing, but threaten my wrestling? feck that!
:lol: They've taken it too far now. Team ISIS vs Cena, Rock, Austin, Taker and Hogan is the secret 5 on 5 tonight.

Hyped for the impending return of Muhammad Hassan.

Been a busy few days this week, with La Sombra becoming the most handsome man in NXT immediately and now Zack Sabre Jr. leaving Pro Wrestling NOAH. 2016 should be a very fun year to be a fan.