Television Tho Prop Grops Throps

That Sasha/Bayley match was incredible. Nice touch with the 4 horsewomen at the end as well.

I literally don't think Summerslam will be able to top that show, it was amazing. That Bayley Vs Sasha match was unbelievable. What is the start time tonight buy the way? pre show starts at 11 BST?

CNHQ6eoWwAAOtQy.jpg:large

I literally don't think Summerslam will be able to top that show, it was amazing. That Bayley Vs Sasha match was unbelievable. What is the start time tonight buy the way? pre show starts at 11 BST?
Spot on.

May have to go and rewatch Bayley vs Sasha beforehand. Just one of those matches that affirmed to me exactly why I love wrestling.

:lol: Both know a guy called Edge.

Just seen the Undertaker one with Daniel O'Donnell. "He loves a good mass" being the pick of the lot. :lol: Sinead O'Connor as Paul Heyman - "Not much hair"

Few more to come in the next 20 mins or so.

Meltzer has been told by WWE higher-ups to expect something "huge" for the RAW after SummerSlam:
The Wrestling Observer Newsletter said:
We all know how wrestling rumors go, but we were told to expect something "huge" for Monday's RAW. There wasn't any additional info given, but it's safe to assume that's not referring to a Big Show vs. Kane main event.
There's been speculation that this refers to:
Sting making an appearance to set up a match for him at Night of Champions, as he is contracted to make more wrestling appearances for WWE and has gotten in pretty good shape.
But obviously nothing is definite.

Last edited:
So I decided to get back into wrestling after a long break (I think reading about NXT and the Divas revolution got me interested) and have been trying to catch up on the past 9 years. Which are the stand out matches and feuds over that time that are worth watching? I've seen Michaels vs Flair at WM and I'm going through Undertaker's WM matches so I'm good there. What other suggestions do people have?

So I decided to get back into wrestling after a long break (I think reading about NXT and the Divas revolution got me interested) and have been trying to catch up on the past 9 years. Which are the stand out matches and feuds over that time that are worth watching? I've seen Michaels vs Flair at WM and I'm going through Undertaker's WM matches so I'm good there. What other suggestions do people have?

Punk Cena in summer 2011.

Brock vs Cena

Meltzer has been told by WWE higher-ups to expect something "huge" for the RAW after SummerSlam:

There's been speculation that this refers to:
Sting making an appearance to set up a match for him at Night of Champions, as he is contracted to make more wrestling appearances for WWE and has gotten in pretty good shape.
But obviously nothing is definite.

the speculation you mention is not the plan. The plan is about 95% certain, and is what I was talking about a few pages back, and is BIG for fans.

The backup plan is probably bigger to a casual fan (hell, it definitely is) and will still be good, but not as hype worthy for nerds like me at least

the speculation you mention is not the plan. The plan is about 95% certain, and is what I was talking about a few pages back, and is BIG for fans.

The backup plan is probably bigger to a casual fan (hell, it definitely is) and will still be good, but not as hype worthy for nerds like me at least
I looked back a few pages and I can't find you referring to what you think it is, just that a 'big' angle was moved from SummerSlam to the RAW following it.

I looked back a few pages and I can't find you referring to what you think it is, just that a 'big' angle was moved from SummerSlam to the RAW following it.

I've not said what it is because I do have a nagging doubt that they're going to panic and use the backup plan.

Whichever they do will be Hollywood.

I assume summer means summerslam.

Is this summerslam 2014?

Are there any good matches with Jericho or Edge as WWE champion?
Yes, SS 14.

Summer of Punk was the time from the infamous Punk promo up to Money in the Bank 2011

Try Taker vs Edge, one night stand 2008

Ok so 9 years is about Mania 22/23. Here we go, in roughly chronological order - Cena/HBK, Cena/Edge, Edge/Undertaker, Umaga/Cena, Punk/Mysterio, Jericho/Mysterio, Taker/HBK, Hardy/HHH, Hardy/Punk, Hardy/Hardy, Punk/Cena, Punk/Jericho, Cena/Rock, Daniel Bryan 2013-2014, Punk/Undertaker, Punk/Rock, Punk/Bryan Rhodes Brothers vs Shield, Wyatts vs Shield, Evolution vs Shield, Just basically the shield, most of nxt since 2013, Owens/Cena.

I've not said what it is because I do have a nagging doubt that they're going to panic and use the backup plan.

Whichever they do will be Hollywood.
Errr, do you have any sources for this? Or is this just an educated guess? And what is either plan?

Announcing something notable may happen somewhere (but then again it may not) in a discussion thread seems kind of pointless.

Ok so 9 years is about Mania 22/23. Here we go, in roughly chronological order - Cena/HBK, Cena/Edge, Edge/Undertaker, Umaga/Cena, Punk/Mysterio, Jericho/Mysterio, Taker/HBK, Hardy/HHH, Hardy/Punk, Hardy/Hardy, Punk/Cena, Punk/Jericho, Cena/Rock, Daniel Bryan 2013-2014, Punk/Undertaker, Punk/Rock, Punk/Bryan Rhodes Brothers vs Shield, Wyatts vs Shield, Evolution vs Shield, Just basically the shield, most of nxt since 2013, Owens/Cena.

I need dates/events too. I'm guessing Umaga/Cena is the royal rumble last man standing which I've heard is good.

I'm all caught up on NXT, it was the first things I watched and damn it's awesome. Basically what TNA should have aimed for which I assume is still a massive pile of wank that doesn't know what to do with itself.

I'm not sure if it falls within your time limit or not, but Cena versus RVD in ECW One Night Stand 2006 is a particularly good match.

I need dates/events too. I'm guessing Umaga/Cena is the royal rumble last man standing which I've heard is good.

I'm all caught up on NXT, it was the first things I watched and damn it's awesome. Basically what TNA should have aimed for which I assume is still a massive pile of wank that doesn't know what to do with itself.
Jesus :lol: I'm out now but ill take some tine tomorrow and make you a list of matches worth watching from ppvs since 2005. I'll drop you a pm tomorrow but id recommend getting the wwe network to watch the matches I send you.

I'm not sure if it falls within your time limit or not, but Cena versus RVD in ECW One Night Stand 2006 is a particularly good match.

The last PPV I watched before I stopped. Didn't remember it being that good, probably because I don't think much of RVD and was annoyed he became champion.

The last PPV I watched before I stopped. Didn't remember it being that good, probably because I don't think much of RVD and was annoyed he became champion.
Think that match is more notable for the atmosphere, the actual match is decent at best.

It's unique because of the role the crowd played in the match, in terms of technique it's probably nothing special. I guess if you don't pay much heed to that kind of stuff or even like John Cena just a little bit, you'd wouldn't like it that much.

I remember the 'same old shit' chants and when Cena did something different they still moaned.
We had a discussion in here a few weeks ago about Cena, he polarises people but when I send you that list tomorrow it will likely include as many Cena matches as anyone else (Punk and The Shield may run it close).

Bayley is great

In addition, I absolutely hated that post match last night. It completely took away from Bayley's moment, the top of her reaching her redemption story and finally being the big dog in the yard (so to speak). Instead it just came across as sad, that the others are all on to bigger and better things and she's just stuck there. Really leaves a sour taste in the mouth.

phelan always makes me laugh when he posts about wwe stuff here. Im sure he does it on purpose too lol

Bayley is great

In addition, I absolutely hated that post match last night. It completely took away from Bayley's moment, the top of her reaching her redemption story and finally being the big dog in the yard (so to speak). Instead it just came across as sad, that the others are all on to bigger and better things and she's just stuck there. Really leaves a sour taste in the mouth.

I thought it was great, brilliant ending. You're thinking of it from the kayfabe pov but I think it was a genuine real respect between the 4 of them and Bayley finally got the moment she deserved and the other 4 were truly happy for her.

aBCeoUC.gif

The amount of amazing matches Sasha Banks has in 2015 alone. Wow.
I said this to the Mrs today, I'd probably have her in 3 of my top 5 matches of the year.

The highest compliment I can pay her and I've said it before, she is the beat all round performer I've seen since Eddie Guerrero. Every movement, every facial expressions, every reaction, is just perfection. She's an absolute joy to watch and for the fact she is only 23 it is all the more impressive.

Bayley is great

Won't be long before she's up, I'd say. Owens and Sasha did double shifts with the title, she can too.