Television Tho Prop Grops Throps

Had to post this, saw it posted on a forum on Facebook earlier today. Makes you wonder how WWE is still around with the amount of awful booking they continually have. Some of it is being overly critical but nonetheless it makes for an interesting read! :D Enjoy

http://taimapedia.org/index.php?title=LOLWWE_History

There's also one for TNA, Still half way through the WWE so I'll save the "best" for last!

http://taimapedia.org/index.php?title=LOLTNA_History
The TNA one is some of the best comedy you'll ever read.

The TNA one is some of the best comedy you'll ever read.

Ah, you've read them?

The WWE one is fantastic so far, some of the names are vague so I'm having to Google them to jog the memory. Superstars like Zach Gowan! :D I stopped watching around 08 I think it was because of the places I was renting didn't have sky and damn was I lucky. Some of the worst characters and booking imaginable!

Also Laurinitis is absolute feckin idiot! Lost count how many times he endangered wrestlers lives!

Ah, you've read them?

The WWE one is fantastic so far, some of the names are vague so I'm having to Google them to jog the memory. Superstars like Zach Gowan! :D I stopped watching around 08 I think it was because of the places I was renting didn't have sky and damn was I lucky. Some of the worst characters and booking imaginable!

Also Laurinitis is absolute feckin idiot! Lost count how many times he endangered wrestlers lives!

Reading it brought back memories for me. Like when Kai En Tai tried to chop off Val Venis's p3nis :lol:

Reading it brought back memories for me. Like when Kai En Tai tried to chop off Val Venis's p3nis :lol:

Yeah, that was one of the very first story arcs my partner watched as a fan of WWE recently! :lol:

Some great info there, some of it I had heard about but not in as much detail as they have done on those links.

It's a long read and paints a picture of WWE being one big disaster year in, year out with an absolute moron in Vince guiding the ship. How the hell did he not know about Pirates of the Caribbean??? :lol:

Yeah, that was one of the very first story arcs my partner watched as a fan of WWE recently! :lol:

Some great info there, some of it I had heard about but not in as much detail as they have done on those links.

It's a long read and paints a picture of WWE being one big disaster year in, year out with an absolute moron in Vince guiding the ship. How the hell did he not know about Pirates of the Caribbean??? :lol:

He's not particularly at the age where pop culture is his forte tbf.

It's always pretty fun to work out where he's up to with big films by references they make. I specifically remember Cena doing the breathing routine from Wolf Of Wall Street about a year after that film was big, which was remarkably quick by their standards.

Ah, you've read them?

I've read the TNA one and the WCW one, need to read the WWE one next.

It's always pretty fun to work out where he's up to with big films by references they make. I specifically remember Cena doing the breathing routine from Wolf Of Wall Street about a year after that film was big, which was remarkably quick by their standards.

Well he really should be, or at least have someone tell him :lol: Lord knows he has more than enough writers employed!

The flipside to that is that he only recently seems to have caught up with Looney Tunes.

So yeah, this is true :wenger::lol:

11401140_830529550364592_325026242066666430_n.jpg

You could do the same for Rollins.
Ambrose, Reigns, Lesnar, j&j, Kane and Johnny manziel

Had to post this, saw it posted on a forum on Facebook earlier today. Makes you wonder how WWE is still around with the amount of awful booking they continually have. Some of it is being overly critical but nonetheless it makes for an interesting read! :D Enjoy

http://taimapedia.org/index.php?title=LOLWWE_History

There's also one for TNA, Still half way through the WWE so I'll save the "best" for last!

http://taimapedia.org/index.php?title=LOLTNA_History

'Diss the Diva! What was supposed to be a classy segment went horribly wrong when the contestants were given live mics and encouraged to say anything they wanted to the other contestants. Carmella DeCesare, a Playboy Playmate who was dating then-NFL quarterback Jeff Garcia, was despised by everyone backstage, so the other contestants made sure to air their dirty laundry. Carmella was told that she “had a gap so wide you could drive a truck through it” and that “having a cock in your mouth has nothing to do with wrestling” before finally being called a "cum guzzling gutter slut."'
:lol:

The lol History is great. TNA probably is the worst though given how they basically needed to be different and instead chose to do all the bad things of WWE but even worse.

'Diss the Diva! What was supposed to be a classy segment went horribly wrong when the contestants were given live mics and encouraged to say anything they wanted to the other contestants. Carmella DeCesare, a Playboy Playmate who was dating then-NFL quarterback Jeff Garcia, was despised by everyone backstage, so the other contestants made sure to air their dirty laundry. Carmella was told that she “had a gap so wide you could drive a truck through it” and that “having a cock in your mouth has nothing to do with wrestling” before finally being called a "cum guzzling gutter slut."'
:lol:

As bad as that is there is much worse to follow that! So many cringe worthy moments! :lol:

Any Finn Bálor fans, or even anyone unsure of him, HAVE to watch NXT this show.
who could possibly doubt Fin Balor?

Actually, i didn't think anybody could dislike Sammy Zayns ability until i saw an interview with russo saying he had zero personality and zero credibility.

God i hate russo.

who could possibly doubt Fin Balor?

Actually, i didn't think anybody could dislike Sammy Zayns ability until i saw an interview with russo saying he had zero personality and zero credibility.

God i hate russo.

Just look back at this thread from when he debuted, loads of "who's this guy?" And "he has no charisma at all".

Russo thinks the airport test is still a factor in pro wrestling. He's a little bit ahead of Cornette (also hates Zayn and Owens) but not much.

Just watched the "Uso's - 10 Hours to Houston" 30 minute documentary on the WWE Network... really, really good stuff. They should do more of those for people who aren't exactly the main event guys.

Any Finn Bálor fans, or even anyone unsure of him, HAVE to watch NXT this show.

Yeah that was excelent, looking forward to part 2 next week.

The Balor video was brilliant, really interesting.

Looking forward to Part 2. Almost forgot I was watching NXT, it felt like its own show.

Probably opening up a can of worms here but looking for some info (any info / links) on how to go about booking tickets for the big one, Wrestlemani 32!

I've heard WWE offer package deals, bronze, silver and gold but they are quite expensive. Also seen fans say to book it all separately to save a bit of moolah.

Any and all help is appreciated :)

Probably opening up a can of worms here but looking for some info (any info / links) on how to go about booking tickets for the big one, Wrestlemani 32!

I've heard WWE offer package deals, bronze, silver and gold but they are quite expensive. Also seen fans say to book it all separately to save a bit of moolah.

Any and all help is appreciated :)

Yeah, book the WM tickets and then sort the flight and hotel separately. If you really want to be a cheapster, stay at somewhere like a Motel 6 or Quality Inn, then you can relax a little on plane tickets and WM seating

Yeah, book the WM tickets and then sort the flight and hotel separately. If you really want to be a cheapster, stay at somewhere like a Motel 6 or Quality Inn, then you can relax a little on plane tickets and WM seating

Yeah, we were looking at package deal and all included it'd be around €2000 for 4 night stay.

Such a pain in the arse having to book it all individually but I'll have a look at prices that way to.

Just watched the "Uso's - 10 Hours to Houston" 30 minute documentary on the WWE Network... really, really good stuff. They should do more of those for people who aren't exactly the main event guys.

Yeah that was excelent, looking forward to part 2 next week.

What's the network like, Worth the money? debating whether to take the plunge and get it or not, especially for the archive.

@Rolandofgilead Kept forgetting to reply to your suggestion RE: Spoiler

My thinking as a general rule in here is WWE stuff as it airs. Then the rest in spoilers. Given this is a WWE thread.

@Rolandofgilead Kept forgetting to reply to your suggestion RE: Spoiler

My thinking as a general rule in here is WWE stuff as it airs. Then the rest in spoilers. Given this is a WWE thread.
That could work, of course the other option would be start a general pro wrestling thread but I'm sure we'd get loads of abuse for having 2 wrestling threads, so your way is probably best.

That could work, of course the other option would be start a general pro wrestling thread but I'm sure we'd get loads of abuse for having 2 wrestling threads, so your way is probably best.
Might also be very quiet.

What's the network like, Worth the money? debating whether to take the plunge and get it or not, especially for the archive.

The network is actually, surprisingly good - there's a lot of content on there, and access to all the PPV's is really quite something.

However, I only signed up for the free month of June (If they do one for July, I suggest you do that) - and I will probably be cancelling at the end of the month, because to be honest, it's bit overpriced in the UK. It's £9.99 here, which, considering it's $9.99 in the US doesn't really equate (It should be around £6, in which case I'd probably keep it) and I'm only really in it for NXT and the current PPVS (the extra new content/mini-docs are nice, but not enought to keep me around) - access to the older stuff is fun, but after I spent the first day or two watching some stuff, I haven't really been back.

Tempted to get the network, unfortunately no Raw or SD till they are at least 30 days old is a bit of a downer for me.

Tempted to get the network, unfortunately no Raw or SD till they are at least 30 days old is a bit of a downer for me.

Yeah, that sucks, but I doubt it will change anytime soon. WWE need the main shows on TV to generate mainstream audiences and attract more viewers. I haven't watched SD for years so I'd only miss RAW. The network is worth it just for the PPV matches alone, plus the nice extra's like the recent Elimination Chamber event that would normally be a PPV but was given as an extra Network exclusive. Such a nice touch.

There are usually plenty of streams available for RAW too, so I think the network is a must, especially if you buy PPV events from Sky.

It's weird though, a PPV in the Uk is £19.95 if I'm not mistaken (it used to be £15 until very recently I think) - which is a hell of a lot, so in that regards, saving a tenner each month is very good - but then I haven't bought a PPV in years, as it's fairly easy to download the next day and I never really feel like I have to watch the PPV live - so in that regard, it isn't really worth £10 - where as if it was priced at around £5/6, that'd probably keep me around.

Also, in the US, a PPV is something like $45-50... so the saving you get from spending $10 on the network over there is far, far greater.

It's weird though, a PPV in the Uk is £19.95 if I'm not mistaken (it used to be £15 until very recently I think) - which is a hell of a lot, so in that regards, saving a tenner each month is very good - but then I haven't bought a PPV in years, as it's fairly easy to download the next day and I never really feel like I have to watch the PPV live - so in that regard, it isn't really worth £10 - where as if it was priced at around £5/6, that'd probably keep me around.

Also, in the US, a PPV is something like $45-50... so the saving you get from spending $10 on the network over there is far, far greater.

They are still mostly £14.95, but the "special PPV's" like Mania and SummerSlam and the Rumble are £19.95. WrestleMania in the states is something like $79.95 :eek:

I do see your point though, and my post reinforces it I suppose.

It's great, there are quite a few things wrong with it though.

• Their servers are rubbish I find (and having chat to quite a few others) that the streams stall a lot, especially on days with a Live PPV.
  • The layout of the app on the Xbox as a nightmare. Really takes a good bit of flicking around screens to find what your looking for.
  • My particular gripe with it is that they don't even have every episode of their premier show RAW, OK that might be a big ask. Fine, how about giving us every episode of RAW in its most successful period? The attitude era? Nope. Just 1998 RAW's. Not a single episode from 1999,2000 or 2001.
As others have said there is still tonnes of great streams on it, every PPV (WWE) and most PPV's from WCW and small PPV library of ECW. Almost all the episodes of NXT are there too. Some good docs to be found.

It's worth the money that's for sure, I just wish they'd do away with the stupid Pre Raw shows from it and give us more stuff from the Attitude Era and Ruthless aggression era.

Its worth it for the original content imo. The Japan show for example.

Id did the same thing in terms of having it for the free month before WM and then paying for WM month (then cancelling it). If I had more time I would defo have it but I wouldnt have enough time to watch most of what I want (would have loved this during Uni or high school lol). 72 pounds for a year vs 120 a year (if it was like @Annihilate Now! ) said, id keep it.

Also as a follow up to what @LilRicky said, Ive only had it stall on me once and that was HOF, when I was using FF. I switched to Chrome and had no other issues.
Pre-Raw shows is a good idea imo though.

Also as a follow up to what @LilRicky said, Ive only had it stall on me once and that was HOF, when I was using FF. I switched to Chrome and had no other issues.
Pre-Raw shows is a good idea imo though.

Yeah, the stalling happens a lot on the App. I was reading around on Forums and apparently the app is still a work in progress. The lay out on it too would probably further that notion as it's impossible to find what your looking for sometimes.

When I use webpage on laptop it happens once in a blue moon for few seconds.