Television Tho Prop Grops Throps

Goldberg gets a lot of shit for being just Goldberg. The two moves are worth it if you can jackhammer the Big Show and do a military press with Brock Lesnar or Scott Steiner. A severely underutilized superstar post WCW.

Goldberg gets a lot of shit for being just Goldberg. The two moves are worth it if you can jackhammer the Big Show and do a military press with Brock Lesnar or Scott Steiner. A severely underutilized superstar post WCW.
He wasnt utilized well post streak loss either, within wcw.
his second WWe run however was really good.

Thought Summerslam was an enjoyable PPV. All of it was good and had some closure in one way or another, and the matches were generally all entertaining.

Only criticisms would be it was all too predictable and while most of the matches were good, none were great. A couple it felt like they could have made more of.

Still not sure how I feel about the Drew vs Punk thing with Seth's involvement. It was a fun watch but it did sideshow the feud a bit and ended up being more about Punk vs Seth. Drew vs Punk has been the best running feud in WWE for months and deserved its own stage imo. Also hard to believe that costing someone the title 3 times including in front of their family is akin to someone stealing your wristband, which I could just about let go until Punk threw away the whole 6 month feud just because Seth put it on.

Also Gunther vs Priest. Thought that showed potential to be a great high physicality match but it just seemed like it never really got there but at the same time without being a disappointment either.

Glad the Dom thing happened. When he grabbed the chair I thought they would have him cost Ria by "accident" and we'd have to put up with another month of love triangle cringe just to get to the inevitable. I don't mind the angle so much but him and Liv both awkwardly pretending to awkwardly be flirting with each other while Dom also awkwardly pretends not to be was way too much cringe for me. The pair of them are terrible at it.

It's never just been drew and punk. Seth has been involved since the beginning.

It's never just been drew and punk. Seth has been involved since the beginning.

No he hasn't. He was involved AT the beginning and then Punk and Drew have been feuding with each other while Seth has been off tv completely literally since Wrestlemania? He has had no involvement in their feud whatsoever because he's not even been there.

Seth only came back into it when Drew and Punk both interfered in his title match against Priest, which makes sense, but having Punk lose the match to Drew because he was more concerned with Seth absolutely didn't make sense. Found it a very underwhelming way to end a match that has been built so well for nearly half a year. It made it feel more like a stunt to set up Punk vs Seth than anything else.

All the story links. You can see with Seth's reaction when punk debuted and they made that obvious and didn't hide it.
To mania and the build there with it being Seth V drew but punk becoming ref.
And Seth becoming ref being a call back to that.

Punk didn't lose cos he was focused on Seth, but moreso the bracelet that played into it which made it even more personal between drew and punk. It absolutely does make sense given it wasn't just a random thing thrown in

All the story links. You can see with Seth's reaction when punk debuted and they made that obvious and didn't hide it.

Punk didn't lose cos he was focused on Seth, but moreso the bracelet that played into it which made it even more personal between drew and punk. It absolutely does make sense given it wasn't just a random thing thrown in
I've only seen highlights but it makes Punk look stupid. Surely finish off Drew and then argue with Seth.

I've only seen highlights but it makes Punk look stupid. Surely finish off Drew and then argue with Seth.
It made him look like a hot head / tunnel vision on that bracelet thus punk cost punk.

I mean logically yes if it was a real fight. But in terms of story and that we will get future matches, then I had no issues with it.
It kinda reminded me of when benoit took angles medals and angle was more focused on getting the medal back and it cost him the match.

Punk didn't lose cos he was focused on Seth, but moreso the bracelet that played into it which made it even more personal between drew and punk. It absolutely does make sense given it wasn't just a random thing thrown in.
Doesn't work for me. The bracelet angle worked with Drew because Drew had made it personal and used stealing the bracelet to emphasise that. Seth just put it on because it was on the floor. It made no sense why that would bother Punk so much.

Again it makes no sense to say Seth was linked to it when he was literally off tv for almost the entire feud amd then came back and couldn't give a shite about it until it interfered in his title match. As Schwein says it made Punk look stupid.

Looks like we'll get a 2nd Drew vs Punk match and now Seth has been removed from the equation again so it's all a bit non sensicle to me. Seems they juat wanted to shoehorn Seth into Summerslam

Im so glad Joe Hendry is getting so many props now. Feel like he would have fit in NXT around ten years ago.

Moné is such a flop. Wrestling's equivalent of a Sancho or Antony signing.

Edit: I just thought of something; Sancho Banks!

Controversial take but I was never high on her. Can go in the ring, but over-rated and a terrible promo. The rest of the 4 horsewoman are a level above imo.

Can’t believe how bad her promos are, can’t say I watched much of her WWE run did they just never let her get on the mic or what.

It made him look like a hot head / tunnel vision on that bracelet thus punk cost punk.

I mean logically yes if it was a real fight. But in terms of story and that we will get future matches, then I had no issues with it.
It kinda reminded me of when benoit took angles medals and angle was more focused on getting the medal back and it cost him the match.
Benoit and Angle had some of the best matches I've ever seen. They put on five star matches on weekly shows.

Controversial take but I was never high on her. Can go in the ring, but over-rated and a terrible promo. The rest of the 4 horsewoman are a level above imo.

Neither was I. Think she’s only really made it in wrestling due to her famous cousin. Like you said, she’s a level below her fellow 4 horsewomen members (Lynch, Bailey & Flair)

Neither was I. Think she’s only really made it in wrestling due to her famous cousin. Like you said, she’s a level below her fellow 4 horsewomen members (Lynch, Bailey & Flair)
Interesting to hear that. I'm not familiar with that era at all but I did listen to Lynch's audiobook and she seems to put Banks way above herself.

It is a fairly self deprecating book overall though.

She was a great heel in nxt. Her stuff with Bayley was a lot of fun.

I never rated Charlotte as high as others though. She can pull out a great ppv match like with rhea but stink up the weekly shows. And her promos were horrible.

Becky and bayley were/are my faves though.

Can’t believe how bad her promos are, can’t say I watched much of her WWE run did they just never let her get on the mic or what.
I used to find her irritating in wwe. Cringe on the mic and not good enough in the ring for it to be worth it. Never understood the fuss.

Same with Charlotte tbh. Her character whether heelbor face was always to be boring and arrogant and then they'd juat put her straight into the title picture every single time despite the fans being luke warm on her at best

I wouldn't go that far. She's overrated for whatever reason, but she has/had enough talent to form a career regardless of her cousin. Don't think that's ever really been mentioned during her career either.

Jumped back into AEW for the build to the Wembley show.

Why did they have Danielson go 15 minutes against Jeff fecking Jarrett?

Jumped back into AEW for the build to the Wembley show.

Why did they have Danielson go 15 minutes against Jeff fecking Jarrett?

"they" you are referring to here is... Danielson himself most likely, but I'm gonna take a guess and say because generally it's a safe pathway to get himself to All In injury free.

I seen it too but unsure what is the relation between the two?

Benoit ended up marrying Kevin’s wife Nancy. Before that there was some old WCW angle involving the three where Nancy was in an on-screen relationship with Benoit, and Kevin was the asshole heel tormenting them. At the time of that angle, Kevin and Nancy were apparently not on great terms anyway so like a good few angles in wrestling, it’s part shoot… so Kevin as one of the WCW bookers at the time did just that.

From memory of watching old shoot interviews, I don’t think Kevin resented Benoit and Nancy that much though, since as said previously, him and Nancy were on the outs anyway.

I think the whole Benoit vs Sullivan fight in hell is based on the old theory that it was Kevin who killed them.

"they" you are referring to here is... Danielson himself most likely, but I'm gonna take a guess and say because generally it's a safe pathway to get himself to All In injury free.
No one should be going 15 minutes with a near 60 year old Jeff Jarrett in 2024, let alone the number one contender for your top title.

The whole "Britt Baker is no longer suspended. Here she is on a video call," segment made no sense either.

I seen it too but unsure what is the relation between the two?
Nancy was married to Kevin Sullivan and had a affair with Beniot before getting married with Chris. There were allegations that Sullivan made death threats to Beniot after finding out, so when Benoit, Nancy and Daniel were discovered dead, conspiracy theories were going around that Kevin Sullivan had something to do with it.

Benoit ended up marrying Kevin’s wife Nancy. Before that there was some old WCW angle involving the three where Nancy was in an on-screen relationship with Benoit, and Kevin was the asshole heel tormenting them. At the time of that angle, Kevin and Nancy were apparently not on great terms anyway so like a good few angles in wrestling, it’s part shoot… so Kevin as one of the WCW bookers at the time did just that.

From memory of watching old shoot interviews, I don’t think Kevin resented Benoit and Nancy that much though, since as said previously, him and Nancy were on the outs anyway.

I think the whole Benoit vs Sullivan fight in hell is based on the old theory that it was Kevin who killed them.

Nancy was married to Kevin Sullivan and had a affair with Beniot before getting married with Chris. There were allegations that Sullivan made death threats to Beniot after finding out, so when Benoit, Nancy and Daniel were discovered dead, conspiracy theories were going around that Kevin Sullivan had something to do with it.

Thanks for clarifying. Didn’t know Benoit’s wife was married to Sullivan before she left him for Benoit.

bf4.png

What have they done to my Tribal Chief's music?