Thiago Alcantara | Signed for Bayern Munich

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh I don't doubt that for a moment. I'm not on Twitter (well, I think I am but never use it) but know the levels of idiocy that exist on it.

Like you say, Hunter has nothing to gain by 'being right' apart from more Twitter followers. I suspect maintaining his professional integrity is worth more to him to ensure he doesn't take unnecessary gambles by guessing.

But then, they all do it on Twitter so nobody takes it particularly seriously.

I'm the same, joined just to get news feeds & comedians lark etc, but have never twatted anything. I never even use it for the reasons i joined & dont particularly feel like gettin involved with. Facebook is a much better environment - keepin in touch with mates etc.. thats good fun alright!

The same sources who last week were 'talking shite' and 'they know nothing' suddenly now get the "that's that then" treatment.

The same sources who last week were 'talking shite' and 'they know nothing' suddenly now get the "that's that then" treatment.

I'd say your head is buried firmly in the sand... All the signs point towards him signing for Bayern. There's been nothing concrete from United's end throughout any of this.

Probably because he thought it was the real Gareth Bale.
Haha yeh i had to double click just to make sure.

There were maybe 8/9 comments asking where he was going and what the situation was and he deleted them all. Nice to see he's pre season training with mopeds though.

I'd say your head is buried firmly in the sand... All the signs point towards him signing for Bayern. There's been nothing concrete from United's end throughout any of this.

There's been nothing concrete from United's end on anything. There rarely is. By this logic we're not even negotiating with anyone on the basis we haven't publicly said anything at all on any transfers.

All that's changed is that all those who had said he was definitely going to United now say he's definitely going to Bayern on the basis of Guardiola's comments.

It's ITK's finding out tidbits and then inventing a narrative around them. It's why Wednesday your typical ITK contact would have said he'dbe at Old Trafford within days. Guardioa spoke and suddenly its "Well yeah, when my contact said United he actually meant Bayern. Yeah, definitely to Bayern by the end the week."

It's just transparent. How can you hear the same people say the mirror opposite within in a week and decide that one time they were bullshitting and the other time completely 100% accurate?

There's been nothing concrete from United's end on anything. There rarely is. By this logic we're not even negotiating with anyone on the basis we haven't publicly said anything at all on any transfers.

All that's changed is that all those who had said he was definitely going to United now say he's definitely going to Bayern on the basis of Guardiola's comments.

It's ITK's finding out tidbits and then inventing a narrative around them. It's why Wednesday your typical ITK contact would have said he'dbe at Old Trafford within days. Guardioa spoke and suddenly its "Well yeah, when my contact said United he actually meant Bayern. Yeah, definitely to Bayern by the end the week."

It's just transparent. How can you hear the same people say the mirror opposite within in a week and decide that one time they were bullshitting and the other time completely 100% accurate?

I agree, mate. Twitter ITKs are absolute gimps, as are most of the people who put stock in them. I just think with Pep's comments, it's likely that he'll end up at Bayern. Wasn't disputing that ITKs are sad low-lifes.

Yeah well I think Pep's comments weren't those of a man who knew he had the deal finalised or even in pole position IMO. But we'll see. I'd not be surprised to get to next Friday and still nothing done. Then the 'He's off to Bayern within hours' lot will subtle backtrack and invent some other reason for the delay. He'll be 'mulling over options' or something I'm sure.

Not many would make up for losing out on Thiago. but Modric would be one of them.

Not gonna happen though. He was their best player in 2013 after Ronnie

Going full circle, I guess this means Modric is certain to join:
BNM9wewCQAEcZ8g.jpg

In the past even when the transfer collapsed it was either when the transfer window was closed (Sneijder) so we couldn't keep talking about transfer targets anyway, or when we still had some other exciting targets lined up (van Persie and Lucas after Hazard, someone after Benzema and Ozil). This time we don't seem to be linked with anyone who could be described as an exciting prospect - lately it's only been Baines and Garay and we arguably don't need either. It's going to be weird couple of weeks in the transfer forum.

unsurprising we didn't get him if he wasn't a priority. Pep made him top priority. Why would we want a potentially world class centre midfielder for a bargain anyway ffs?

Why would you believe this as gospel LR?

He reckons him and a few other journos had lunch with Moyes when he told them that. Either it's true or Moyes said it to save face after losing out.

Irrelevant either way now, I just hope we have suitable CM alternatives as actual priorities. Baines was the first bid Moyes has made which shouldn't really be our priority.

Not many would make up for losing out on Thiago. but Modric would be one of them.

Not gonna happen though. He was their best player in 2013 after Ronnie
He got 4 goals and 8 assists in 53 games, and was voted worst La Liga signing of the season.

He was quality at Spurs though, would love to see him at OT.

unsurprising we didn't get him if he wasn't a priority. Pep made him top priority. Why would we want a potentially world class centre midfielder for a bargain anyway ffs?

Have we read the rest of this guys tweets on the meeting with Moyes? Some interesting stuff.

Apparently asked about Bale or Ronaldo, Moyes commented that he won't name names but he has lots of money to spend and will be looking at the very best players, he also said the midfield need strengthening and he's working on it.

“Isn’t it great that the club says, ‘There’s no budget here, you go get who you want to get, just go and do it’.

There's an article in the sun about the whole meeting.

Status
Not open for further replies.