Thiago Alcantara | Signed for Bayern Munich

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would love to know what targets Moyes himself have in mind. Will it be someone from the Greek league, or the Ukranian league?

I would love to know what targets Moyes himself have in mind. Will it be someone from the Greek league, or the Ukranian league?
Moyes Out! Big names or nothing! Don't want no players playing in Serbia or Mexico!

No what i mean is we haven't yet failed to get anyone. People talk about the Thiago deal as if it's done to Bayern.

No what i mean is we haven't yet failed to get anyone. People talk about the Thiago deal as if it's done to Bayern.

That's true. Somehow i can see him choosing us in the end after weighing down the options, just that gut feeling. He would be silly not to

Its as good as done, just like him coming to us was as good as done last week.

Well precisely. It's all ITK's trying to seem 'itk' by going with the wind of the story. Suddenly all these contacts changed from telling them he's United bound to he'll agree a deal with Bayern by the end of (last) week. Almost within a few minutes it shifted.

We can all do it.

Day 1: Rumours going around he'll join United
"Thiago is very close to joining MUFC. Wages/personal terms already agreed"

Day 2: Guardiola declares interest
"Thiago will sign for Bayern by end of the week. Pep convinced him to join. Salary agreed"

...often by the same people. And yet based on that everyone says it's as good as done or over. I've no clue where he'll end up. It's likely one of two destinations. But I don't think I know any less than most people cited here as credible.

Well precisely. It's all ITK's trying to seem 'itk' by going with the wind of the story. Suddenly all these contacts changed from telling them he's United bound to he'll agree a deal with Bayern by the end of (last) week. Almost within a few minutes it shifted.

We can all do it.

"Thiago will sign for Bayern by end of the week. Pep convinced him to join. Salary agreed"

...often by the same people. And yet based on that everyone says it's as good as done or over. I've no clue where he'll end up. It's likely one of two destinations. But I don't think I know any less than most people cited here as credible.
@AgentITKPerson I thought you said he was 100% to MUFC?

@Me He was, everything agreed, but MUFC deal with Barca broke down, Pep saw opening and pounced.

^ lot of this shit being bandied about to save face from a few of them.

I think there's still a small chance he could come to us, but maybe 5%. I'm past it in my head now - i'm already resigned to him going to Bayern.

Disappointing. Sounds like a standard United line when we're rejected by a player. You don't insult someone by saying he's not a priority if you're still hoping to sign him.

Thiagoff.

Yeah. It's standard practice that United tell a Sun journalist who is and isn't a transfer target.

United obviously using the Sun in order to hurt Thiago's feelings. That's how we roll.

Yeah. It's standard practice that United tell a Sun journalist who is and isn't a transfer target.

United obviously using the Sun in order to hurt Thiago's feelings. That's how we roll.
Story's obviously gone quiet, so they're making shit up now.

Moyes won't tell journo's who our targets are one day, the next they buy him a steak and he's spilling all the beans? Loada bollocks.

Story's obviously gone quiet, so they're making shit up now.

Moyes won't tell journo's who our targets are one day, the next they buy him a steak and he's spilling all the beans? Loada bollocks.

Exactly.

Unless The Sun have hacked Moyes' phone of course :lol:

We can all do it.

Does Barca have any say so in who they accept the release clause $$ from?

No of course not, a club would treat Man Utd or Wigan the same when after one of their players. Not.

That's not what you said. You implied that somehow Moyes saying we have a big budget for players would add 50% onto a transfer. Do you really think that would happen after one quote to the press?

Are you lot sure of that?

I'm almost sure that a release clause is a minimum offer that forces the club to allow conversations with the player. If the club receives two proposals both above that minimum value then I think they are held discritionary power in only allowing the player to talk to the highest bidder. I.E, Bayern offers 18m, United offers 20, Barcelona may only allow Thiago to negotiate with United.

Of course these things may vary in specific situations but I think as a general rule, that's the way it works, though there are rarely examples of such situations.

I'm almost sure that a release clause is a minimum offer that forces the club to allow conversations with the player. If the club receives two proposals both above that minimum value then I think they are held discritionary power in only allowing the player to talk to the highest bidder. I.E, Bayern offers 18m, United offers 20, Barcelona may only allow Thiago to negotiate with United.

Of course these things may vary in specific situations but I think as a general rule, that's the way it works, though there are rarely examples of such situations.

Well on Football Manager, which is where I get all of my football knowledge from, the minimum fee release is just how much you bid to get them, and it doesnt matter who offers what, as long as you meet that valuation you get to offer a deal. From there, I'd expect David Moyes to go to the contract negotiations screen, lowball the wages and performance bonuses, and just instead offer a big pay off to the agent.

I'm not really sure, I asked about in the Porto forum, I doubt many people know more about release clauses that our fans, since we get them activated so often.

Nah, I'm probably on the wrong there in second thought.

I reckon we trust this lad, his location says 'Porto'. If anything, Porto people have the know-how in negotiations:

Porto 'In's and Out's' Proof

And why is Anderson's fee listed as 27mil. Did we really trounce such huge fee?

PS Pardon my off-topic.

Nah, I'm probably on the wrong there in second thought.

I think so. If X million is the minimum amount that they have to accept, it doesn't matter if someone else offers X+2 million. They still have to accept the offer of X million.

I think so. If X million is the minimum amount that they have to accept, it doesn't matter if someone else offers X+2 million. They still have to accept the offer of X million.

Sounds more like it. But then again, who knows how many people are involved in a deal nowadays?

Third-parties, agents, managers, sponsors etc.

Pure gossip, gents!

I reckon we trust this lad, his location says 'Porto'. If anything, Porto people have the know-how in negotiations:

Porto 'In's and Out's' Proof

And why is Anderson's fee listed as 27mil. Did we really trounce such huge fee?

PS Pardon my off-topic.

Nah, but I wasn't thinking right, that wouldn't make too much sense, since release clauses are usually an imposition of the player, and that would be limiting to their options. On a cynical point of view Barcelona could just call their pals from Anzhi and tell them to offer 50m for Thiago whilst offering only national minimum wage to the player. The player would reject the deal.

On regards to Anderson the fee United paid for him was €31,5m, I don't know how much that was in £ at the time.

Nah, but I wasn't thinking right, that wouldn't make too much sense, since release clauses are usually an imposition of the player, and that would be limiting to their options. On a cynical point of view Barcelona could just call their pals from Anzhi and tell them to offer 50m for Thiago whilst offering only national minimum wage to the player. The player would reject the deal.

On regards to Anderson the fee United paid for him was €31,5m, I don't know how much that was in £ at the time.

According to this converter http://www.bankofcanada.ca/rates/exchange/10-year-converter/?page_moved=1 it was £21m

The internet tells me that would have been £21.4mil

EDIT: Damn you EvilChuck!

Suck it, bitch :D. Fear my wizardry!!

I wonder which "imminent" players name will be in the most popular transfer thread title next summer.....

Lets wait and see who has a good season. Plus its World Cup year, so I am sure there will be someone plays well there that we havent heard much of before (see Ozil at the last World Cup)

I wonder which "imminent" players name will be in the most popular transfer thread title next summer.....

Depends on whether we sort our midfield out or not. Gundogan's bound to come up in one way or another. Oliver Torres could well be the 'must-have' youngster, but probably won't move next summer either if he's sensible - much like Hazard and Gotze, highly sought-after for a few years before they actually moved.

Status
Not open for further replies.