Thiago Alcantara | Signed for Bayern Munich

Status
Not open for further replies.
I managed that by posting before our interest and a lot during the first two weeks of being linked when I went full muppet. I've since got bored and barely posted these last xouple of weeks. I doubt many other players will make me go full muppet, Thiago is a one off for us.

You were referring to the "muppets" as if to say you weren't one of them, when in reality you're the Kermit to Ms. Piggy.

Can someone tell me why Pep declaring his interest in the presser today changes everything? By all accounts, he's been in Thiago's ears for a while now. Yet, he doesnt even know the status of the deal. Just the very fact that it isnt done and dusted yet tells me that Thiago hasnt made his mind up inspite of Pep wanting him. He wanted to leave last year as well, that was when Pep was still at Barca. The lad wants football, its our team's job to convince him that United is the best place for that. Am sure they've done their best. Lets wait and watch what happens rather than going all gloomy just because of a fecking presser. Christ.

While I do believe that Bayern is his likely destination I do agree that any deal to sign him hasn't just materialised over the past couple of days. The whiners do love to exaggerate.

I don't want to give up on Thiago yet but it looks dark ATM. The positive is that we have heard nothing from Barca and the player himself. If there is still a chance for us to sign him I want our manager to personally contact him, tell him his intention and then go public about this. Right now we look like amateurs who don't even know how to ask for a date.

We need to show the world we means business because there are other prospects out there who are watching this. They must see who we are and what we want. Time for actions Moyes!

This is just nonsense. Going public achieves nothing.

taken-phone-call.png

"I don't know who you are. I don't know what you want.
Yes, that's right - I'm with United's scouting team."

It seems as if those calling others 'muppets' are the first to jump to conclusions based on a press story. Caf irony?

I'm sure we will find out more details in coming days but for now, I shall go into my cave. How can the club be confident and yet we get "gazumped" again? Have we learned nothing?

I don't want to give up on Thiago yet but it looks dark ATM. The positive is that we have heard nothing from Barca and the player himself. If there is still a chance for us to sign him I want our manager to personally contact him, tell him his intention and then go public about this. Right now we look like amateurs who don't even know how to ask for a date.

We need to show the world we means business because there are other prospects out there who are watching this. They must see who we are and what we want. Time for actions Moyes!

How does going public help achieve anything?

You've made weird conclusions from your last paragraph. If anything, keeping things private helps if you're turned down and have to move on to 2nd 3rd choice targets

Going to Bayern just doesn't make sense. You either sit on the bench and learn the ropes from Xavi and Iniesta at the team you're eventually going to play for anyway, or make a senseless move away to sit on the bench and "learn" from inferior players in what will probably be a different system in a different country. How is any of this conducive to Thiago developing to his best?

This is just nonsense. Going public achieves nothing.

This is what I cannot get my head around. If he has agreed to join them Guardiola would have been long aware before the press conference. It seems needless disrespectful to Barcelona to announce the signing prior to any official statement.

P.S nobody knows what our position is or isn't so how have we been embarrassed?

None of us know but some something isn't right when you look at the failures in terms of big name transfers. Only RVP in recent seasons.

Yeah but he was already settled in England & our pullin-power/draw is execptional in attracting players already in England. Its the continental players we just cant get our hands on & sort a deal out quickly before decisions change. Maybe we always forget to bring feckin translators at these negotiations & just get advisors/agents/targetted players, to type into our official partner laptop, what's on his mind & we then google translate it!

Anyway, he hasnt signed for Bayern yet, so until that happens - i'll keep the rosary-beeds out & the candles burning.... stupidly most likely

I'm sure we will find out more details in coming days but for now, I shall go into my cave. How can the club be confident and yet we get "gazumped" again? Have we learned nothing?

This isn't trading inanimate objects. If the player doesn't want to come, what can you do?

Do you really believe that after SAF is gone we have, all of the sudden, forgotten how to seal the deals or 'mean business'?

I am sure it is all taken care of, and its all down to the player really.

Yeah but he was already settled in England & our pullin-power/draw is execptional in attracting players already in England. Its the continental players we just cant get our hands on & sort a deal out quickly before decisions change. Maybe we always forget to bring feckin translators at these negotiations & just get advisors/agents/targetted players, to type into our official partner laptop, what's on his mind & we then google translate it!

Anyway, he hasnt signed for Bayern yet, so until that happens - i'll keep the rosary-beeds out & the candles burning.... stupidly most likely

Yep 100% agree. Unless a player is motivated by money or living in London we have done well domestically.

What I don't understand is that we unearthed players like Vidic, Evra, Hernandez, Rafael etc for relatively low fees. Why the hell can't we find a midfielder in the same way?

I fecking hate these sagas... I don't get how so many people get so excited by and find so much enjoyment in veering towards either end of the emotional spectrum based on the latest guff from disreputable sources. I don't mean to diarrhoea on everybody's parade but; are your lives really that empty?

Moyes: 'I don't want to talk about players who have contracts with other clubs.'
Guardiola: 'I want Thiago Alcantara.'
I say that's what swayed him. He felt wanted and loved and all that crap.
Edit : IF he moves to Bayern.

Moyes: 'I don't want to talk about players who have contracts with other clubs.'

Swayed?

Nobody has signed for anyone.

I fecking hate these sagas... I don't get how so many people get so excited by and find so much enjoyment in veering towards either end of the emotional spectrum based on the latest guff from disreputable sources. I don't mean to diarrhoea on everybody's parade but; are your lives really that empty?

I was asking myself the same question a few days ago but then I remembered that this is the Caf, a lot of people are taking the piss with either the excessive joy or disappointment.

This United's secret way of dealing with transfer targets is more effective than methods of C.I.A. Mossad and K.G.B. combined.

Almost full month and everyone is clueless, knows absolute nothing... maybe except agent Dave.

are your lives really that empty?

God, no. Why, just the other year I had someone 'round to look at my beermat collection and misprinted Top Trumps. Ok, so he was an EON salesman but, I can assure you, we had wild times in that 3 minutes before he ran through the patio door.

Well they do say that if you want something, ask for it. Pep has done that. According to the law of attraction we can attempt to sway thiago's destination by visualising him in a united shirt. Let's do it!

Doubt it, didnt the thiago to Bayern stuff come out strong last night before pep said what he did?

Anyway I really don't understand what sort of system pep is planning next year, he's commented that he'll get more game time then at barca but I just don't see how, except for moving Martinez to defence and asking sweinsteiger to hold, but why break up a treble winning combo?

Hopefully this isn't set in stone but its odd that in the last few seasons we've missed a lot of our targets, hazard, Lucas, even sneijder even if we did dodge a bullet there, we've just not been able to seal the deal for whatever reason. Assuming we wanted thiago anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.