Thiago Alcantara | Signed for Bayern Munich

Status
Not open for further replies.
None of us know but some something isn't right when you look at the failures in terms of big name transfers. Only RVP in recent seasons.

Also this. It can't be a coincidence how many times we've missed out on big transfer targets like these, where we are close but tighten up a bit to try to squeeze a tiny bit of money away from the price, and in the end another team comes in and seal the deal within 2-3 days after we've spent 2 months or so on the player. Same thing happened with Ronaldinho back in 03.

♫ For Transfer Windows may come and Transfer Windows may go
but muppetry goes on forever ♫

Nobody really knew for sure that they were interested, especially considering their very good midfield options and if they were it was assumed that we'd be prepared to go the extra distance to sign him. The quotes though show real intent on getting him considering Thiago's agent is also Peps brother and Thiago appears to have a very good relationship with Pep, Bayern are in a very good position if he does leave.

But they were linked with in the same places we were linked. Nearlly every article that mentioned us and Thiago also mentioned Bayern and that Pep wants him. Does that mean we're not really interested till Moyes comes out and says so?

Sat around too much discussing terms for too long, taking their time thinking that we'll get him no problem, we'll just wait for Moyes to take over first, deal with that stuff then he'll be waiting. Or if rumours are to be believed that we for some strange reason had a problem with guaranteeing him playing time with the clause thing, despite the fact that he'd walk into our starting 11 and the clause wouldn't ever even need to be used.

You're basing this on the negative rumours though. There were also multiple different reports that we'd agreed terms and the announcement was imminent. The simple fact of the matter could be that we've mad enquiries, been told that he needs time to make up his mind and then chose Bayern because of his relationship with the Guardiola brothers.

Its not over. Have some belief you poor muppets. This is where the cream among the muppets shine through.

♫ Thiago
Whereever may go
You've been part of the Muppet show
Could've been great
United's number eight
Now we have to settle with whatshisface ♫

On a more serious note, I was glad to see the back of Guardiola, especially after the two defeats in the CL. Now, he's still there getting on me tits.

Neuer
Lahm - Martínez - Dante - Alaba
Gustavo
Schweinsteiger - Thiago
Müller - Götze - Ribéry

:eek:

Neville was the midfield signing we were just too stupid to realise it. Still, he's already skinning Buttner in training. CL Final next season deffo.

....only to get our arse served by Bayern playing an upgrade version of Barca's play!

So much for Fergie sayin he'd address that situation (i.e. mid-field) after being ravaged by Barca for the second time, only this time at Wembley. Maybe thats just down to these great players not being attracted to United or Manchester in general & Fergie tried his best... I guess we'll find out when his book inevitably comes out at Xmas!

I'm going to buy FM2013 and buy Thiago, just to satisfy me desire of wanting to see him at United. I think that might help.

None of us know but some something isn't right when you look at the failures in terms of big name transfers. Only RVP in recent seasons.

We don't have an unlimited wage bill and can't offer the sunny climate of our continental competitors. It doesn't mean there's something wrong, and we're hardly struggling on the pitch with our transfer policy.

Never mind - at least we've still got Rooney in our changing-room:

mtstarr2-20121102073526977587-620x349.jpg

We don't have an unlimited wage bill and can't offer the sunny climate of our continental competitors. It doesn't mean there's something wrong, and we're hardly struggling on the pitch with our transfer policy.

Germany... Sunny climate... Really?

Can someone tell me why Pep declaring his interest in the presser today changes everything? By all accounts, he's been in Thiago's ears for a while now. Yet, he doesnt even know the status of the deal. Just the very fact that it isnt done and dusted yet tells me that Thiago hasnt made his mind up inspite of Pep wanting him. He wanted to leave last year as well, that was when Pep was still at Barca. The lad wants football, its our team's job to convince him that United is the best place for that. Am sure they've done their best. Lets wait and watch what happens rather than going all gloomy just because of a fecking presser. Christ.

Can someone tell me why Pep declaring his interest in the presser today changes everything? By all accounts, he's been in Thiago's ears for a while now. Yet, he doesnt even know the status of the deal. Just the very fact that it isnt done and dusted yet tells me that Thiago hasnt made his mind up inspite of Pep wanting him. He wanted to leave last year as well, that was when Pep was still at Barca. The lad wants football, its our team's job to convince him that United is the best place for that. Am sure they've done their best. Lets wait and watch what happens rather than going all gloomy just because of a fecking presser. Christ.

Outstanding.

You have the 9th most posts in this thread, nearly 250. Sounds like you'll miss it too.

I managed that by posting before our interest and a lot during the first two weeks of being linked when I went full muppet. I've since got bored and barely posted these last xouple of weeks. I doubt many other players will make me go full muppet, Thiago is a one off for us.

Germany... Sunny climate... Really?

I was talking in general about the players we've apparently missed out on. Thiago isn't applicable to that really anyhow, he has a very good relationship with Guardiola and the whole agent thing.

I don't want to give up on Thiago yet but it looks dark ATM. The positive is that we have heard nothing from Barca and the player himself. If there is still a chance for us to sign him I want our manager to personally contact him, tell him his intention and then go public about this. Right now we look like amateurs who don't even know how to ask for a date.

We need to show the world we means business because there are other prospects out there who are watching this. They must see who we are and what we want. Time for actions Moyes!

Status
Not open for further replies.