Thiago Alcantara | Signed for Bayern Munich

Status
Not open for further replies.
That is crazy. Götze fits perfectly in the team and can play several positions and without any major injuries will be the best german play of this generation. Not signing him would be just wrong. The problem isn't really that Thiago won't fit in, the only problem is that there might be trouble if some of the players won't get enough playing time. But then we still could sell someone in January, maybe send Shaqiri on loan for a year until Robben is gone. I wouldn't be surprised if Gustavo leaves this summer, btw. Don't think he's needed (even though I really like him), if we get Thiago and play that 4141, and since he started every game at the confed cup for Brazil, he probably won't risk his starting spot at the world cup.

I think he's going to be a world class player as well if he isn't already, but last season you lot had a perfect balance all around the team and all you lacked was a world class striker. With Gotze coming in, and now seemingly Thiago, it seems unnecessary because there will be players who were really important last season like Kroos, Muller or Martinez, and one of those is bound to be unhappy with the role they get. If you just put Gotze into last years team, then it's probably Kroos going on the bench despite him having a fantastic season, that or him playing as a false 9 which I don't think is as good as them simply getting a top class striker.

I don't think Robben or Ribery are necessarily Pep's type of players.

He doesn't really use direct wingers too much, atleast not as a starting plan A.

He's supposedly told Ribery that he's going to build around him, the way he built Barca around Messi.

I guess he's told Robben, that's he's Robben.

Overall I agree. The system they had was perfect. Replacing Mandzukic with the even-better Lewandowski would have been a step up. Personally I think replacing Kroos with Gotze would have been another, but I can completely understand why you disagree. Either way, fecking everyone around with a complete stylistic overhaul is a mistake, and totally unnecessary. But it seems like that's what Guardiola is planning to do.

Let's face it, we don't even know if Gotze can play as a false 9. Yes he's small and technical and fast and talented, but so are lots of players. That doesn't make him Messi, and it doesn't mean he's cut out to be a false 9.

Exactly, I agree as well that Gotze is a better player then both Kroos and Muller, but the fact is that Kroos and Muller have come through the ranks at Bayern, and the squad just clicks together. Who knows if Gotze will fit in the same way, or if the squad overall will be better for it despite Gotze being individually a better player. If he does though, I'd love United to try and steal either Kroos or Muller from them :drool:

Exactly, I agree as well that Gotze is a better player then both Kroos and Muller, but the fact is that Kroos and Muller have come through the ranks at Bayern, and the squad just clicks together. Who knows if Gotze will fit in the same way, or if the squad overall will be better for it despite Gotze being individually a better player. If he does though, I'd love United to try and steal either Kroos or Muller from them :drool:

Ugh, not Muller. Hate him. But I wouldn't turn my nose up at Kroos. Although I get the impression he's more firmly attacking than Thiago, and possibly not as good a fit for United's CM spot.

I did not expect to see that thread title when I came home today. What a nightmare. I thought this was nailed on.

Hopefully Thiago will still look at playing time rather than just going to Bayern because Pep is there.

Pep wanting Thiago probably best explains why the saga with this player dragged this long..... we should not let our prime targets slip thru our fingers....

Germany played a 4141 a few times, for example in a 3-2 win against Brazil with Schweinsteiger as the holding midfielder, Götze and Kroos together in the center and Müller on the right. That looked pretty sexy and I'm sure Guardiola will make it work much better than Löw ever could.

Götze's first goal for the german nationalteam in that match after a brilliant assist by Kroos.

I did not expect to see that thread title when I came home today. What a nightmare. I thought this was nailed on.

Hopefully Thiago will still look at playing time rather than just going to Bayern because Pep is there.

I think it's likely he'll be promised playing time at Bayern as well; with Javi Martinez moving back into defence, there'd certainly be space for him.

I think it's likely he'll be promised playing time at Bayern as well; with Javi Martinez moving back into defence, there'd certainly be space for him.
It may not even be a case of shifting to fit Thiago in, he may have plans to have one of the first teamers play back up to Thiago? I don't think another manager would have done, but Pep might have his own plans for the team that don't include one of them?

So, seriously, after Thiago, who is there? Strootman? Fellaini(hopefully not)?

Apart from those two, we've barely been linked realistically with midfielders this summer(and even Fellaini is based purely because of Moyes). I know its early doors yet, but if we don't sign a midfielder...jaysus.

Unless I'm missing someone?

Apart from those two, we've barely been linked realistically with midfielders this summer(and even Fellaini is based purely because of Moyes). I know its early doors yet, but if we don't sign a midfielder...jaysus.

It is a little worrying that the only players we've been linked with have been Thiago, Strootman and Baines, and it looks like we won't get any of the 3, with Strootman heading to Roma, Thiago probably to Bayern now and Baines probably just staying (although I'd rather we keep Evra over signing Baines anyway).

You miss the part where Fergie repeatedly said that he is satisfied with his midfield.

What's good enough for Fergie should be good enough for Moyes and who needs midfielders anyways? They are neither strikers nor defenders, so they don't prevent goals and don't score goals. How useless is that?

raphael honigstein seems to think this is FM.

Lets hope Schweinsteiger hands in a transfer request, as a player has been signed in his position and does not like the competition for places.

vader.jpg

You miss the part where Fergie repeatedly said that he is satisfied with his midfield.

What's could enough for Fergie should be good enough for Moyes and who needs midfielders anyways? They are neither strikers nor defenders, so they don't prevent goals and don't score goals. How useless is that?

As did Bryan Robson, pretty much, in what looked a lot like pre-emptive damage control last week

I think all the anger should be directed towards the GLAZERS..!!! Can't fecking compete..!

Well I hope all the Bayern midfielders will be resentful, cliques will form, the dressing room morale will be shattered and they drop to 7th in the league and crash out of the group stages of the CL. That would teach the little Spanish-Italian-Brazilian-Tikitakan bastard.

Status
Not open for further replies.