Thiago Alcantara | Signed for Bayern Munich

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was just reading the story about this on Sky Sports website and what is interesting about the quotes they are attributing to Pep is that while he does say he did express interest in getting the player to Bayerns board, it seems that he has no idea at all whether or not Bayern has been in contact with Thiago, his agent or Barcelona about it.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/...-like-to-sign-Thiago-Alcantara-from-Barcelona

Man, "the writing on the ball" seems so long ago. Those were good days. I was giddy, bouncing off the walls. Hell, we were picking squad numbers and everything. Then he signed a United shirt and we thought everything was right in the world.

Then Pep storms in and puts a dagger through our collective hearts.

Life is pain.

Maybe. I somehow think he will try and recreate the Barca model of having a withdrawn forward like Messi (or Fabregas, when Messi was absent). Which makes space for someone like Thiago.
Muller would be perfect for that sort of role. Götze too, perhaps.

I think if Pep feels in a position to confirm the interest publicly then he probably feels the deal is as good as done.

I think if Pep feels in a position to confirm the interest publicly then he probably feels the deal is as good as done.
Yep, it's over. Hope we move on to wrapping up baines and garay quickly.

This is a sad day. I now officially follow Thiago on Twatter, a guy who's younger then my oldest daughter :-(

Glad he's nearly bald? Haha. Brilliant. And yes Devilish and Sarni are having a who can make the most boring comment/'joke' competition. Boring pair of dweebs.

Meanwhile you'd be running away in the most clueless yet extremely arrogant poster competition.

This deal still doesn't make a lot of sense, especially when Gotze and probably Lewandowski arrived, there.

I think we have been massively unlucky regarding certain transfers and nothing could have changed that. Anyone who blames the club and it's staff for missing out on some players are complete fools. I'll consider Thiago to be the same. There's only so much we can do. If Thiago chooses Bayern then he's just stupid. Specially when he's leaving barca because of game time. He'll definitely regret this decision. He could have been a hero at united. If everything goes well for him at Bayern then full credit to him but it looks highly unlikely.

Am sure the club gave him a good deal and if he chooses to ignore us then feck him. We'll find someone else. I prefer players who truly love the club and respect the badge. This is what I love about kagawa. He didn't feck about with other clubs. He jumped at the opportunity at playing for us. We need more players like him. We are not going to fade away because one player ditched us.

Am more worried about a replacement for Thiago. We need at least one good midfielder who is near world class. There is still time left in the window, we may have to splash some extra cash.

Another question.

We know Peps comments are being reported today from an interview he gave. But do we know when Pep went to Bayerns board and asked them to sign Thiago? Was it yesterday? Two days ago? Two weeks ago? 2 months ago?

Bayern interested is bad. Would you blame him for wanting to sign for them instead of us? Better players, better manager, newly crowned champions, look like they could dominate Europe for a few years. If Guardiola tells him he'll get playing time...

Still think we're a more logical choice if he's thinking about pushing for the WC squad but maybe he thinks he can establish himself in the Bayern 1st team? I'm not sure how he'd do that though unless Martinez gets pushed back? It's not over yet but Bayern are much more likely to ruin this on us than Barca.

Who know's maybe this is a final throw of the dice by Pep, and he's already agreed to join us?

Or am i just fooling myself here?

I know feck-all about running a football club but here's what I demand United does in future to avoid such episodes of shame and teeth-gnashing:

*Start tracking our transfer targets early but don't rush into anything.

*Moyes should be dignified and calm in press conferences but he should also scream the names of our targets into the nearest microphone.

*Keep all our potential deals private but also tell us loyal fans who we're not signing in regular bulletins.

*Sack all the new backroom staff & bring back the old staff who we thought were terrible and useless. Then sack them and get more glamorous people in.

*Sell the club and use the profits to sign superstars.

Don't get why everyone is up in arms about this. Bayerns interest has been reported for weeks, pretty much always been mentioned as "also interested" in nearly every article linking him with us.

Just because Pep has publicly confirmed this, only now everyone acts like it's breaking news?

Don't get why everyone is up in arms about this. Bayerns interest has been reported for weeks, pretty much always been mentioned as "also interested" in nearly every article linking him with us.

Just because Pep has publicly confirmed this, only now everyone acts like it's breaking news?

Cos they're all dickheads.

I know feck-all about running a football club but here's what I demand United does in future to avoid such episodes of shame and teeth-gnashing:

*Start tracking our transfer targets early but don't rush into anything.

*Moyes should be dignified and calm in press conferences but he should also scream the names of our targets into the nearest microphone.

*Keep all our potential deals private but also tell us loyal fans who they are.

*Sack all the new backroom staff & bring back the old staff who we thought were terrible and useless. Then sack them and get more glamorous people in.

*Sell the club and use the profits to sign superstars.

At least it would show that's something happening from our side...

Who know's maybe this is a final throw of the dice by Pep, and he's already agreed to join us?

Or am i just fooling myself here?

No one knows what is going on behind the scenes. People are getting excited because of a quote that really doesn't mean much in terms of what is going on during the real discussions between the clubs, which of course are all done in private.

I blame Moyes, he has just comesback from his hols and he is back on his jollies again to Bangkok :smirk:

This would never happen under Fergie.

Ciderman, Ciderman does whatever a muppet can,
Spins a web any size, catches threads just like flies,
Look out, here comes Ciderman...

He wants to play more so he leaves the club he 'loves' to move to a club where he'd face more competition in midfield. Meanwhile, United - a team which has a gap in midfield the size of the feckin Grand Canyon looks to lose out again.

Aside from last year wasn't Guardiola the man responsible for not playing him enough at the expense of much more experienced CMs?

So he'll now sign for Guardiola again who, once more, has much more experience midfielders?

At least it would show that's something happening from our side...

Why is that important though? We know there are clubs out there with more money, or more attractive elements (eg. former manager) who could easily swoop in and pick up targets we've identified. Keep it private until as late as possible.

His transfer to Bayern makes no sense whatsoever! We should fine DDG one week's wages if this transfer fails! Or if he does end up following Pep we should bid for Kroos.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.