Thiago Alcantara | Signed for Bayern Munich

Status
Not open for further replies.
They're taking this whole building on strength concept a bit too literally. Competition in their midfield will be fierce and Thiago may find himself in virtually the same situation. But Pep wants him and he's gonna get him, whilst giving us a kick in the bollocks on the way. This transfer made too much sense. There was always gonna be a twist.

They could do with a forward more than a midfielder but they've secured Lewandowski for next season to have this sorted.

"We're shit at negotiating transfers" is becoming the new "Mike Phelan is a shit assistant".

Thiago would be silly to leave Barca for Bayern esp when he claims he wants to play regularly. Let's see him compete with the likes of Schweinsteiger, Shaqiri, Gotze, Robben, Dante, Martinez, Ribéry etc. Anyway doesn't matter, he's not coming to United. Would have made up his mind long ago if he really wanted to come. United don't have time for fickle minded players! Next target!

Still a level below United and Real Madrid in terms of squad IMO.

Could do with some more depth at the back, if you ask me. But that obviously isn't Pep's cup of tea. He'll be claiming Robben can do a shift back there next.

As ever, I would only want a player who wants to play for the club.

Good luck to him. Move on.

In Moyes, I definitely trust. A man, not to be fecked with.

Coming from the guy with the most posts in the thread :lol:. The Thiago thread has been the best place to discuss football in recent weeks? You can't be serious, there are much better threads which aren't dictated by the words of Graham Hunter and the latest new on twitter. It has been ThiagoON/ThiagoNO ,what he has said or not said on twitter, everybody and their mother seemingly having the deduction skills of Sherlock Holmes suddenly. Weird place to come for rational football discussion but to each their own.

The Champions League draft is a better thread even NM's Barcalona thread brought up great debate and discussion. But no you see the best place to have a reasonable debate being a thread dedicated to whether or not we sign Thiago which if that didn't happen would be deemed irrelevant???/quote]

Your inability to understand my point, again and again and again, is getting silly now. I'm going to PM you so we can stop clogging up the thread.

I am not a big man, and I hope he flops hard and spends most of the time on the bench if he moves to Bayern.

Could do with some more depth at the back, if you ask me. But that obviously isn't Pep's cup of tea. He'll be claiming Robben can do a shift back there next.

They have as good a defence as us to be fair. Dante and Badstuber are both very good and Boateng is a fine player as well. Gustavo and Martinez can provide cover in emergency and their full back options are frankly amazing.

Thiago would be silly to leave Barca for Bayern esp when he claims he wants to play regularly. Let's see him compete with the likes of Schweinsteiger, Shaqiri, Gotze, Robben, Dante, Martinez, Ribéry etc. Anyway doesn't matter, he's not coming to United. Would have made up his mind long ago if he really wanted to come. United don't have time for fickle minded players! Next target!
This myth is being spread as some sort of hope to cling to for some, and reason why Thiago's making the wrong choice for others.

If Pep has gone in for him it's highly likely (if you think about it logically) that he's going to make room for Thiago. Just because Bayern's midfield is awesome doesn't mean he'll be benched. I can't see Thiago being interested at all in Bayern unless he was given these promises by Pep personally. I guess we will see soon enough.

I seriously wouldn't be surprised to see Martinez pushed back into defence with Thiago, Schweinsteiger and Kroos completing a midfield 3. They have a great midfield but Thiago is a great player he will get plenty of games for them.

For all those who reject twitter as a news source - Rafinha has just confirmed he's going on loan to Celta Viga, before any announcement from Barca or Celta. Bit of a shame it wasn't Everton, but you can't win them all.

So for news updates I suggest watching Thiago's twitter account.

They could do with a forward more than a midfielder but they've secured Lewandowski for next season to have this sorted.

Maybe. I somehow think he will try and recreate the Barca model of having a withdrawn forward like Messi (or Fabregas, when Messi was absent). Which makes space for someone like Thiago.

They have as good a defence as us to be fair. Dante and Badstuber are both very good and Boateng is a fine player as well. Gustavo and Martinez can provide cover in emergency and their full back options are frankly amazing.

Yeah, I suppose. I just found it amusing he went from making Martinez back into a CB to naming an out-and-out striker as another defensive option. Their full backs are great, no doubt. But hardly rock solid defenders.

Indeed. I doubt they're even looking for words that rhyme with Thiago, never mind started writing songs for him.

I have it on good authority not 1 German word Rhymes with Thiago.

Where as we can have Thiago-embargo, stuff them.

I see no real difference to where we were yesterday. Bayern are interested, we already knew that. Nothing has changed - it is still up to Thiago.

We're fine signing players from within the English leagues, fairly horrific elsewhere.

That's not exactly true;

De Gea, Rafael/Fabio, Evra, Vidic, Anderson, Ronaldo, Nani, Kagawa, Park, Ruud, Hernadez.
^ From recent(ish) years off the top of my head.

Now we don't really tend to buy from many huge foreign teams (Barca, Real, Bayern etc).

Still a level below United and Real Madrid in terms of squad IMO.

The quality of their squad? If so, then that's nonsense as they've arguably got the best squad in the world at the moment.

Anyway, it's looking like Bayern are favourites to sign him now which is disappointing. Can't see him getting a substantial amount of game time immediately although they're a club who do give youngsters a chance so he'll probably make it there eventually.

I see no real difference to where we were yesterday. Bayern are interested, we already knew that. Nothing has changed - it is still up to Thiago.
I suppose it's just more 'official' that Bayern are interested, before now it's just been a small part of the story which seems to change on a daily basis. Now we have confirmation.

If he chooses Bayern instead of us then he is a prick. Who would choose Guardiola ahead of Moyes?

Hopefully, the public statement from Pep is a signal that they're trying to make up lost ground.

I hope that we've done enough persuading.

Well, I check the last few posts once or twice a day, but I meant anyone actually reading the entire thing.

I always go back to where i left off the previous point or day & breeze through them, but that being said - i've pretty much read the entire thread. Doesnt take long if you've been into it from the start to be honest & thats what muppets do man :D

The quality of their squad? If so, then that's nonsense as they've arguably got the best squad in the world at the moment.

Anyway, it's looking like Bayern are favourites to sign him now which is disappointing. Can't see him getting a substantial amount of game time immediately although they're a club who do give youngsters a chance so he'll probably make it there eventually.
Nah, it was just a joke because of what TheReligion said about 3 months ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.