Thiago Alcantara | Signed for Bayern Munich

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bayern's power in the transfer market is fecking frightening. You have to admire how they do their deals though. No nonsense with them.

They are so far ahead of everyone in Germany it's not funny. And somehow, other German clubs have found ways to stay competitive.

Imagine if Luke Shaw-- and for a second ignore that he supported Chelsea-- were to leave tomorrow. Chelsea, City and United would be likely destinations. If he were playing for 17/18 German clubs the punk would choose Bayern over anyone and everyone.

There are plenty of class midfielders around. They don't have to necessarily be available. It is our job to make them available. Were players like Martinez available last summer? No, but then Bayern swooped in and payed what was required. What about Paulinho? He would have been great for us but we didn't even have a rumour that we were interested in him on BBC's sunday gossip page. People have said that there haven't been people available for years now, yet we see class midfielders moving every summer for realistic prices and never to United.

Of course Martinez was available, he had a €40m release clause which Bayern triggered.

I know there are players. Vidal, Gundogan, Martinez and now Thiago will have all moved within the last 2 years. We are poor at identifying those players though.

I am gutted that this looks that it's not going to happen, but I also think that in the moment Bayern and Pep came in, chances that Thiago will choose us have been drastically decreased. I don't think that the club can do anything, if Pep really guarantees Thiago playing time.

Of course Martinez was available, he had a €40m release clause which Bayern triggered.

I know there are players. Vidal, Gundogan, Martinez and now Thiago will have all moved within the last 2 years. We are poor at identifying those players though.

We seem to be awful at identifying players for our weakest position. Mind-boggling.

It's a pity but we'll survive. We've missed out on big players, that would have been brilliant, before and got on with life and we'll do it again.

He'd no doubt be a great signing, but if the player decides to opt for an offer elsewhere then there's not much we can do about it.

People can say 'oh pay him more' all they like but its not that easy, its not as if Bayern will be offering him peanuts.

There's plenty of time left to sign players and I'm sure Moyes will bring some players in. Until then I wish people would just reserve their judgement and not feel the need to negatively speculate about everything being a poor reflection on the new manager.

I'm a cynic, if Moyes brought in Baines and Fellaini after already bringing in most of the Everton backroom staff I would be concerned that he is sticking too much to what he knows and what he knows is not good enough for Manchester United. He needs to forget what he knows and think bigger.

So detest me too, because all I'm looking for is the quality that we have come to expect and it is only natural to be conscious of what a new manager brings to the table. If you had a new employee reporting to you and they showed signs of not bringing the performance you need would you not be skeptical?

Strongly disagree with all of what you say here, but particularly the bolded bit which is bonkers. Do you think Ferguson forgot what he knew when he made the trip down from Aberdeen to Old Trafford? Of course Moyes will think bigger but that isn't going to be at the expense of everything he already knows, and trusts. He has taken an underperforming club, in real trouble and of big reputation, and turned them into one of the Premier League's most consistent teams over a ten year spell......with limited funds, a strong will and a lot of hard graft. He will continue to trust his methods and his judgement while always being on the lookout for ways to improve. If you want (or care) for an insight into Moyes read the August edition of FourFourTwo. The guy isn't one to rest on any laurels.

He's been in the job five minutes....if we end the season in a stinking malaise then we can all get on his back, until then let him attempt to prove what Ferguson, Sir Bobby and the Glazer family appear to see in him.

Wasnt just all he said man.

He said that United had questions about the clause in any United contrac,t for him to play X-amount of games etc, and that the tax issue was another problem & how to work that out. Then he mentions that Pep advised the Bayern Board to get him regardless of how many top-class mid-fielders they had & he spoke to Thiago on the phone a couple of weeks ago too.

Moral of the story, Hunter says "its pretty bleak that he'll be going to Old Trafford now & that many United fans will be scratching their heads saying 'how can he get as many games at Bayern as he could with us', and thats a shame for United & the Premier League as a whole..."

I just couldn't remember what he'd said :lol: , it is pretty bad to be honest. That is maybe the problem of being in limbo for so long with no manager and chief executive. Pepe has taken his opportunity while we were rudderless.

I've only seen 20 seconds of this Keanu Alcatel bloke on Youtube, but I demand that we sign him. How dare David Moyes not be Spanish, and not have worked with him previously. What a failure. Bring back Frogie, and also hanging.

:lol:

♫Summer dreams
Ripped at the seams♫

*sniffs* I'm off to kill myself. Oh wait - the Star reckons we're signing Ronaldo for eleventy-billion pounds. Yay!

Nah, it's the board/Woodward that will be conducting most of the negotiations. I personally think we've been too focussed on bringing in commercial deals, signed an awful lot of them and signed no players.

Who needs players when you can have a cellphone sponsor in every country? There's no excuse for it to be mid-July and there's been no activity given all the "hard work behind the scenes."

Off topic, how do you check the users with the highest post counts in the thread? I'm embarrassed by mine so I'm hoping there are some worse culprits :nervous:

Nah, it's the board/Woodward that will be conducting most of the negotiations. I personally think we've been too focussed on bringing in commercial deals, signed an awful lot of them and signed no players.

Well I haven't heard this criticism of the club before. Well done

The most likely/obvious reason is that he wants to play for Pep.

There's a real gap in the market for yet another corporate sponsor: Official Manchester United Mourning Wear.

Who needs players when you can have a cellphone sponsor in every country? There's no excuse for it to be mid-July and there's been no activity given all the "hard work behind the scenes."
I appreciate we have a way of operating but maybe Moyes shoulda basically tapped him up like Pep is doing. If he hasn't agreed anything with Bayern yet, Pep shouldn't be talking about him publicly.

We shoulda just come out and gone 'we're going for Thiago.'

I'll give in to the sense of panic the minute I see us linked with a loan move for Tim Cahill during the MLS off season.

We'll get him next year when he is back on the market due to not playing enough.

Nope I'm all good. I thought we had a decent chance of getting Thiago but I never took it for granted or anything. Again, you assume people are in this thread because they somehow think that will help us get Thiago. That might be why you have 85 posts in here, but I just like talking about football, particularly interesting players like Thiago. If you read back, you'll see that I haven't bitten any heads off. I'm also not bent out of shape, however much you obviously want to think so.

The point is, if you have to 'stay away' from threads to avoid being upset by them, you're probably slightly unbalanced.

Maybe who knows? I was mainly thinking of the fans who REALLY wanted him, you know those post on the thread everyday :nervous: which I consider a waste of time as nothing has happened yet. Thanks for checking how many posts I have (that's isn't weird at all). No offence but your all over the place man. Your not coming off as coolly as you are attempting to. You where/are in this thread to have a laugh you didn't care if we got Thiago or not fair play, my first post was one you should have ignored. Let's just leave it I have gotten your point not bothered if you get mine or not.

There's a real gap in the market for yet another corporate sponsor: Official Manchester United Mourning Wear.

Official Manchester United Suicide kit. "End your days the United way!"

Well I haven't heard this criticism of the club before. Well done

The most likely/obvious reason is that he wants to play for Pep.
Yeh, but my point is that we seems to be ruthless and unstoppable when it comes to signing sponsors, but with players we always seem to miss out. Maybe we should get the commercial team to thrash out the transfer dealings.

Maybe who knows? I was mainly thinking of the fans who REALLY wanted him, you know those post on the thread everyday :nervous: which I consider a waste of time as nothing has happened yet. Thanks for checking how many posts I have (that's isn't weird at all). No offence but your all over the place man. Your not coming off as coolly as you are attempting to. You where/are in this thread to have a laugh you didn't care if we got Thiago or not fair play, my first post was one you should have ignored. Let's just leave it I have gotten your point not bothered if you get mine or not.

I'm not sure whether to read that or use it as an eye-test.

I don't know about you non-ITK plebs, but I could tell he was going to Bavaria just by his body language. So none of this is a suprise to me, despite my 60000 posts in this thread.

http://espnfc.com/news/story/_/id/1496355/pep-thiago-bayerns-primary-target?cc=5901

This isn't anything new, just the article of Pep's interview, what got my attention thought was the last bit.

Should Thiago arrive, Martinez could be moved back to the centre-back position, a move Guardiola has made before when playing Javier Mascherano in defence for Barca.
“I know he can also play at centre-back,” Guardiola said. “Bastian can play in defence or in offence. I am delighted to have such a great team. Shaqiri can also play on the left or in the middle or as left back. Mandzukic can also play in defence. He is tall, strong and is good in the air. I have a lot of options.”
He can't be serious here:lol:

Looking at the posts if you feel my first post about people caring too much was out of order I don't know what to say to you Brigh.

Status
Not open for further replies.