Thiago Alcantara | Signed for Bayern Munich

Status
Not open for further replies.
We I have no idea but me, yes I am along with Woodward. In a position we've supposedly been in, to being beaten to it is their fault one way or another. Doesn't matter if they were working behind the scenes or Moyes from his blackberry while on vacation. Whatever they've been done has definitely been enough to make the deal happen to date leaving the door open for Pep comments today and what is likely going to be us missing out.

You don't have a single fecking clue what anyone at United has or hasn't been doing.

Posts like this are the height of idiocy on this forum, and that really is saying something.

We I have no idea but me, yes I am along with Woodward. In a position we've supposedly been in, to being beaten to it is their fault one way or another. Doesn't matter if they were working behind the scenes or Moyes from his blackberry while on vacation. Whatever they've been done has definitely been enough to make the deal happen to date leaving the door open for Pep comments today and what is likely going to be us missing out.

You're blaming him despite not having the slightest clue on why he chose Bayern? Have a word with yourself

He's better than Anderson and Cleverley which would leave him as 2nd choice so he IS good enough

He's a thug who's main strength is playing as a center forward to bring long balls down, not suited for the way we should want to play or have played under Sir Alex.

I see we've all got a new team to hate now. fecking cnuts.

On a more serious note, I dont for the life of me understand why Pep wants Thiago. Even if he does, with the WC next year and regular game time being the reason Thiago wanted to move in the 1st place, I'd be surprised if he moved to Bayern. Would make more sense to stay at Barca.

Maybe he knows that Thiago is better than whatever rubbish he has in Bayern?

Let's be honest, Fellaini is in no way, shape or form the type of player we should welcome to United.

We could give him a haircut and dress him differently but that's as far as we can go without causing a moral uproar.

He's a thug who's main strength is playing as a center forward to bring long balls down, not suited for the way we should want to play or have played under Sir Alex.

A thug who's best position is as a CM according to his manager, his fellow players, Everton fans and the player himself.

Our transfer business is so appalling that most of the first team players who played over 30 games last season were subject to a transfer to Manchester United at some point.

Appalling transfer dealings, absolutely atrocious. Those 5 league wins from the last 7 years were directly because of absolutely disgraceful transfer dealings. Letting the RVP saga drag on was a particular low point last year. If we'd signed him in July, we most certainly would've won the +20 points league too.

:lol: I love how your font gets smaller and smaller as your post gets more and more deranged and harder to understand. Like a madman muttering feverishly to the nearest wall while everyone skirts nervously around him.

You've still missed my main point, which is that people don't only post in threads like this because they think we'll get him - they post because they like to talk about football, football players and football gossip.

But as you say, we'd best leave it. I'm a bit worried that you might have some kind of stress-induced aneurysm otherwise. Plus I'm 'all over the place man', which doesn't sound good at all.

I understand your point, I said fair enough that is what a forum is for :smirk: My point was people who are here talking about how badly they want him EVERYDAY, arguing with anybody who even suggests we may not get him must feel pretty crappy right now. If that is not you as you claim why are you getting so bent out of shape about it? There is a difference between coming on here for a laugh and getting too emotionally involved (I think your in the latter group).

:lol::lol: Poor guy you really did want Thiago a little too much it seems. You must be really cut up about this otherwise I don't understand why you have taken it upon yourself to become the defender of the Thiago thread.

So within a year of winning the CL (and finalists the year before) they are going to add Thiago, Goetze and Lewandowski?

That squad will be (not that it isn't already) ridiculously good...it doesn't seem fair to the rest of us.

I don't know if you're on a WUM, but your posts are really, really stupid with all due respect. This is the 3rd time(Moyes and Baines being the others) you've admitted you didn't really have a clue on a subject, then go on to make nonsense and baseless claims :wenger:

We have to stop thinking players will sign for us because we are MANCHESTER UNITED. When you listen to phone-ins there are still fans out there who have this attitude. That is just pure arrogance. There are lots of big clubs out there who are just as attractive to players as we are. By the way if Thiago is the only play Pep wants, can we have Goetze?

He would improve us. That's all I care about

A shed load of midfielders would improve us though - we should be looking for someone who fits in with the club's ethos. It'll be depressing if we go for that sort of player - sorry, that's just how I feel.

Cue bayern going in all hands on deck with previous release clause experience. Admit it as i have were 2nd choice, either us with unknown manager (in spain) vs his old manager who trusted him at barca and has a system that includes him, why waste time, lock this until he either signs for them or unlikey surprises everyone and signs for us.

Save everyone the self induced dissapointment and tears, we will never learn.

Plan B: We give all our best players to Dortmund, who win the Bundesliga 3 years in a row. In 2017 we swoop for a disillusioned Thiago and rebuild the team around him.

Also funny that he says he only wants Thiago as a new player for this and the next year. Lewandwoski will be fecked when he goes to Bayern and rot away at the bench. If Pep is going to do an Ibrahimovic on him I'm going to laugh my ass off.

Can't be bothered going through 20 pages since yesterday, so is it almost certain he that is joining Bayern?

No Guardiola has said he is the only player he wants so everybody is assuming the worst.

Also funny that he says he only wants Thiago as a new player for this and the next year. Lewandwoski will be fecked when he goes to Bayern and rot away at the bench. If Pep is going to do an Ibrahimovic on him I'm going to laugh my ass off.

Considering they're going to get him on a free rather than the mega Ibra deal, it wont be much of an issue. In any case, a year is a long time. If they dont need him, they simply wont take him on board.

Our transfer business is so appalling that most of the first team players who played over 30 games last season were subject to a transfer to Manchester United at some point.

Appalling transfer dealings, absolutely atrocious. Those 5 league wins from the last 7 years were directly because of absolutely disgraceful transfer dealings. Letting the RVP saga drag on was a particular low point last year. If we'd signed him in July, we most certainly would've won the +20 points league too.
I see what you're saying, but i think you're missing the point.

Doesn't matter what happened last year, fact is this year we're up against teams who have strengthened and we're very thin in midfield.

People are just annoyed because every time we've gone for a 'name' for midfield we've lost out. Carrick/Cleverley/Anderson and maybe counting Kagawa is nowhere near a strong enough midfield. We can't rely on Scholes to come on and change a game in the 70th minute anymore.

What happens this season if Carrick gets injured?

Even if he does decide to go there, how on earth is he going to get regular first team games? With Schwein, Javi Martinez, Kroos, Gustavo and with Gotze signing, it wouldn't make much sense moving from Barcelona to get regular football at Bayern - as it is most likely not going to happen anyway. Foolish.

85MdIgt.png

That is one thing that is bothering me about this more than anything really. I'm not sure who else there is for us to sign who would improve our midfield to the same extent, should this go tits up.

That's why SAF never signed midfielders.

I've just rolled out of bed and have taken a quick scan of the thiago twitter feed. It seems to me the only new news is that pep has stated he wants the boy. Didn't we already know that?

Don't give up hope just yet, mates. It may not be ON, but it's certainly not OFF. At least not yet.

I see what you're saying, but i think you're missing the point.

Doesn't matter what happened last year, fact is this year we're up against teams who have strengthened and we're very thin in midfield.

People are just annoyed because every time we've gone for a 'name' for midfield we've lost out. Carrick/Cleverley/Anderson and maybe counting Kagawa is nowhere near a strong enough midfield. We can't rely on Scholes to come on and change a game in the 70th minute anymore.

What happens this season if Carrick gets injured?
THE TRANSFER WINDOW ISN'T feckING OVER.

Just because a significant amount of fans have identified Thiago as the greatest midfielder of all time doesn't mean there aren't other targets.

If we hit September without any further additions, it's fair to say we should question what is going on, but 11 days into the window with Guardiola coming out and talking about a player who's arse he wiped through the Barcelona system, it's barely a blow.

Status
Not open for further replies.