Thiago Alcantara | Signed for Bayern Munich

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guardiola will probably take his former man and Moyes his
Marouane-Fellaini-and-Leighton-Baines-Everton_2686860.jpg

Give him a little bit more money and see what he does.. between Bayern and United only money will map difference - He'll go to Bayern because of Pep - for united he would come because of playing time and money.!

Reportedly our offer to him was over £100k a week, for a player who is still relatively unproven. Again, nothing to with Glazers. It would be daft to pay him more than what has been reported. Are you expecting we pay him the same as RVP/Rooney right off the bat?

I didn't even know it was you mate. Not really a drama queen, the last 100 pages plus have generally been people reacting to no news so the thread was going anywhere imo. I posted a couple of times but you have wasted your time talking about how good of a signing again and again (we know this without coming on the thread) reacting to no news, pictures on twitters, tweets in Spanish, Graham Hunter :lol: I just would feel a bit down as it doesn't look like happening now. Not really trying to single you just my opinion.

This thread is almost as long as the Rooney thread that is shocking hopefully it ends well.
Anyway lads as I said Chin's up.

So much better with the punctuation mate :)

I actually think it's the opposite. If he was confident he'd seal the deal quickly and quietly behind closed doors. It's a calculated move to turn Thiago's head.

For what purpose? You might be right but if he wanted to turn his head he could just tell his brother how much he wants him. Looks like a bit of public bravado. "We can get him if the board back me" "oh we've got him we are all such a great team!"

:lol:

What you're saying is you'll be skeptical about Moyes if he signs a player you don't want at the club. Try to weasel your way out all you want, it's still an embarrassment and it's fans like you who I fecking detest. You continue to throw some swear word insults around like some big keyboard warrior though, that'll win you this 'argument'. I'm not a fan of Fellaini, I regard him as one of the most overrated around, but I'd never be skeptical or think Moyes couldn't do a job if he signed him.

I'm a cynic, if Moyes brought in Baines and Fellaini after already bringing in most of the Everton backroom staff I would be concerned that he is sticking too much to what he knows and what he knows is not good enough for Manchester United. He needs to forget what he knows and think bigger. Thiago is the kind of player we have to sign. Hugely talented, lots of talent for the future, young enough to earn every penny it costs us as well as sell on potential. If Bayern get him over us I'll be pissed. We have a clear need for a central midfielder and Thiago would fit the bill.

So detest me too, because all I'm looking for is the quality that we have come to expect and it is only natural to be conscious of what a new manager brings to the table. If you had a new employee reporting to you and they showed signs of not bringing the performance you need would you not be skeptical?

I feel like missing out the best bird in college finally, after months of flirting around with her and getting real near. :(

Yep, live at a presser.

Damn. Then we can forget it IMO. Bayern are currently the best side in the World and they have his old coach.

Obviously we don't know what's gone on behind the scenes but we seem to have been dragging our feet from the outside.

I didn't even know it was you mate. Not really a drama queen, the last 100 pages plus have generally been people reacting to no news so the thread was going anywhere imo. I posted a couple of times but you have wasted your time talking about how good of a signing again and again (we know this without coming on the thread) reacting to no news, pictures on twitters, tweets in Spanish, Graham Hunter :lol: I just would feel a bit down as it doesn't look like happening now. Not really trying to single you just my opinion.

This thread is almost as long as the Rooney thread that is shocking hopefully it ends well.
Anyway lads as I said Chin's up.

I don't think you understand the point of a thread like this. Or indeed, the point of the Caf. How can you 'waste your time' on a football forum, talking about football? If Thiago were to come to United, is a load of United fans having a laugh on a muppet thread any less of a waste of time?'

Again, 'shocking'? The captain of the Costa Concordia booking into a hotel while people were still struggling to get off the ship is shocking.

EDIT: Also, is Chin some Korean superstar who's just become available, and for whom we've been saving a spot in our midfield for five years? If not, your punctuation might need some work.

I'm a cynic, if Moyes brought in Baines and Fellaini after already bringing in most of the Everton backroom staff I would be concerned that he is sticking too much to what he knows and what he knows is not good enough for Manchester United. He needs to forget what he knows and think bigger. Thiago is the kind of player we have to sign. Hugely talented, lots of talent for the future, young enough to earn every penny it costs us as well as sell on potential. If Bayern get him over us I'll be pissed. We have a clear need for a central midfielder and Thiago would fit the bill.

So detest me too, because all I'm looking for is the quality that we have come to expect and it is only natural to be conscious of what a new manager brings to the table. If you had a new employee reporting to you and they showed signs of not bringing the performance you need would you not be skeptical?

If Thiago doesn't join us then it's because he wants to move to Bayern. What do you recommend Moyes do short of disguising himself as guardiola or kidnapping him?

Damn. Then we can forget it IMO. Bayern are currently the best side in the World and they have his old coach.

Obviously we don't know what's gone on behind the scenes but we seem to have been dragging our feet from the outside.

Plus Pere Guardiola is Thiago's agent.

We got Moyes and Round

If Thiago doesn't join us then it's because he wants to move to Bayern. What do you recommend Moyes do short of disguising himself as guardiola or kidnapping him?

I think it's time Bolingbroke is put on the case.

Would love to have him but i cant see him turning down Pep for us. Especially if his agent is Pep's brother. Im sure we have other options so lets not panic.

If Pep likes him that much he will make room for him.

:lol: you lot are so quick to throw in the towel...not saying he's definitely signing for United, but I don't see where this absolute certainty that he's "gone" is coming from.

It's real shame to hear United fans talk so brazenly about how quickly they're prepared to write off David Moyes. If he brings in Fellaini during his first transfer window then you'll lose faith? That's pretty shameful from you to be honest and makes an absolute mockery of SAF's final words to us as manager of our club.
It will be hard to fend off the skepticism inside me if we sign no-one of any note and IF he instead chooses to bring in average players.

It's not shameful at all. So many United fans make out that just because Fergie said something we now have to blindly follow Moyes and agree with everything he does or give him the benefit of the doubt on everything.

I've not called for his head. I've not said he's shit. I've not said anything like that. I've said i'll be skeptical about his ability to do a job for us (ie, keep us at the top of the league and competing in Europe) if he brings in players who are not of top top quality (which i don't believe the likes of Fellaini are). What's so disgraceful about that? What, i'll be skeptical of his ability to compete with Chelsea and City who have strengthened with decent players IF (yes, there's that IF word again) he brings in Everton-standard players? That's common sense ffs.

If he brings in people with potential and we don't quite make the grade then that's fine by me, i'm all for giving him the chance to stamp his own mark, even if it takes 3/4 seasons. I'm not prepared to remain completely unskeptical if he brings in sub-standard players just because Fergie told me to, i'm afraid. What i've said is no more or less than those saying 'we NEED to sign a midfielder' are saying - we NEED to sign players of United quality.

Which goes to my original point - who else of quality is there out there for us to sign?

I don't blame this transfer thing on Moyes at all if it happens - it'll be Woodward that will be doing the behind-the-scenes stuff anyway and not Moyes. If Moyes tries to bring in players who are quality or show true potential then i'm fine with that whatever the result in the league - he's entitled to put his stamp on the squad. If his stamp on the squad is players who are already playing first team football but are not good enough to play for us, then i'll be skeptical. Skeptical. Please stop going on as if i've called for his head.

Have we sent Thiago all those gifs jeston and Olly made?

I feel like missing out the best bird in college finally, after months of flirting around with her and getting real near. :(

Yes. Sadly a much better looking guy than you has come along, with a much bigger cock. Doesn't stop you from waiting to see what the girl has to say, that slim 1% chance she might get her left and rights muddled and choose you... but inevitably you get rejected. "there's plenty more fish in the sea" :(

There's no way he's gonna join Bayern.

We will sign him for sure.

The summer is young and we need a new target.

Who would be the next transfer darling?

Vidal is the current favorite. However, I expect it to change in the next few days.

It's not shameful at all. So many United fans make out that just because Fergie said something we now have to blindly follow Moyes and agree with everything he does or give him the benefit of the doubt on everything.

You're right, but at least wait til he's in the job 5 mins

Someone talking sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.