Thiago Alcantara | Signed for Bayern Munich

Status
Not open for further replies.
I appreciate we have a way of operating but maybe Moyes shoulda basically tapped him up like Pep is doing. If he hasn't agreed anything with Bayern yet, Pep shouldn't be talking about him publicly.

We shoulda just come out and gone 'we're going for Thiago.'

I appreciate your frustrations and pessimism towards Moyes/the board at this time, but you're just talking a fat pile of bollocks now.

Muppet suicide but if he joins Bayern we'll survive.

Yes we will, but we need to more than survive, we have to challenging for major honours. Some of our players are now over 30, or are we just hoping they are all going to play into their forties. If someone says having Fletch back is like a new signing, I will scream, it will be great to have him back, but he is not going to change things much. He's just another body.

To be fair to Moyes, we've suffered similar frustration under SAF (Hazard and Loucas spring to mind,) so it's a bit simplistic to lay this at Moyes' door. I wouldn't be crazy about bringing in the likes of Baines and Fellaini, but in the case of the former, it would be a move for arguably the best LB in England, while in the case of the latter, I have yet to see any real evidence that Moyes is interested.

All that being said, we cannot go another season without addressing this glaring need. I mean, what the feck happens if Carrick suffers any kind of serious injury?

We couldn't close a fecking door, let alone a deal for a top drawer central midfielder. This is sickening if we lose out.

Why are people taking Pep wanting him as indication that Thiago wants to go there?

Bayern's interest has been mooted for weeks, what matters is what the player wants.

Maybe who knows? I was mainly thinking of the fans who REALLY wanted him, you know those post on the thread everyday :nervous: which I consider a waste of time as nothing has happened yet. Thanks for checking how many posts I have (that's isn't weird at all). No offence but your all over the place man. Your not coming off as coolly as you are attempting to. You where/are in this thread to have a laugh you didn't care if we got Thiago or not fair play, my first post was one you should have ignored. Let's just leave it I have gotten your point not bothered if you get mine or not.

The combination of grammar and font size means I need a lie down after reading this :lol:

To be fair to Moyes, we've suffered similar frustration under SAF (Hazard and Loucas spring to mind,) so it's a bit simplistic to lay this at Moyes' door. I wouldn't be crazy about bringing in the likes of Baines and Fellaini, but in the case of the former, it would be a move for arguably the best LB in England, while in the case of the former, I have yet to see any real evidence that Moyes is interested.

All that being said, we cannot go another season without addressing this glaring need. I mean, what the feck happens if Carrick suffers any kind of serious injury?

Let's be honest, Fellaini is in no way, shape or form the type of player we should welcome to United.

Moyes needs to step up.

I expect in his next press conference, he needs to rip off his shirt revealing a tattoo of Thiagos face.

If that does not get his attention - I do not know what will.

I appreciate your frustrations and pessimism towards Moyes/the board at this time, but you're just talking a fat pile of bollocks now.
That maybe we shoulda just publicly announced we wanted him despite Moyes thinking is was disrespectful? And that Pep shouldn't be publicly declaring at a press conference that he wants a player who's under contract elsewhere unless there's already been contact made? :confused:

Fair enough.

This was the plan all along. Entice Bayern into buying Thiago, so Gundogan has one more reason not to join them next year. Moyes you evil genius.

Graham Hunter just said on Talksports that its looking bleak for United after Pep fecking Guardiola told his higher-ups that Thiago was priority three weeks ago.

Moyes needs to step up.

I expect in his next press conference, he needs to rip off his shirt revealing a tattoo of Thiagos face.

If that does not get his attention - I do not know what will.

He should fly there personally, away from the tour and talk to Thiago. Bring big Dave with him, agree the contract, and all 3 then fly back to south east Asia. Boom.

Thiago knows himself how much we wanted him and playing time at United would have come in abundance for him. It really is a strange choice for him to go to Bayern IMO, as I really think we are the right club for him. We were reported to make a bid last year for him, but were told he wasn't for sale, so then we wait another year and make another go to get him! This time it looked good as the lad supposebly wants playing time etc...blah, blah, blah. Then Pep gives his brother a ring and tells him to do everything in his power to stall the move to United and convince Thiago to join him at Bayern! That's the way I see it. Tough look I suppose.

I just couldn't remember what he'd said :lol: , it is pretty bad to be honest. That is maybe the problem of being in limbo for so long with no manager and chief executive. Pepe has taken his opportunity while we were rudderless.

:D

Sorry man, i wasnt trying to have a dig at you, was just filling in the gaps :angel:

Sadly, i just dont see it happening now & if it doesnt, United will may be to blame stalling on this, because Hunter has said the same thing for about 2/3 weeks now(or more) about the same details being inserted in any United contract, as he has with his Barca one & the tax issue of course too.

If we miss out, i think it could be Uniteds fault, them thinkin they can take their time with the deal because "he wont got to Real because of his Barca links & he wont go to Bayern because their well stacked in that area.. so lets just take our time on this one - there's no rush.. its in the bag" type of thing! It'll be sickening it thats the case!!

To be fair, when he almost single handedly decimated us at Goodison, we would have given a right bollock to sign him after that.

By that logic, we should have signed Dembele - a far superior option in terms of the style we should be looking at. Fellaini's best form has come as a number 10 - he's not what we should aspire to for midfield.

We need to be quicker on these things. You should always try and wrap something like this up before ze Germans get there.

Maybe who knows? I was mainly thinking of the fans who REALLY wanted him, you know those post on the thread everyday :nervous: which I consider a waste of time as nothing has happened yet. Thanks for checking how many posts I have (that's isn't weird at all). No offence but your all over the place man. Your not coming off as coolly as you are attempting to. You where/are in this thread to have a laugh you didn't care if we got Thiago or not fair play, my first post was one you should have ignored. Let's just leave it I have gotten your point not bothered if you get mine or not.

:lol: I love how your font gets smaller and smaller as your post gets more and more deranged and harder to understand. Like a madman muttering feverishly to the nearest wall while everyone skirts nervously around him.

You've still missed my main point, which is that people don't only post in threads like this because they think we'll get him - they post because they like to talk about football, football players and football gossip.

But as you say, we'd best leave it. I'm a bit worried that you might have some kind of stress-induced aneurysm otherwise. Plus I'm 'all over the place man', which doesn't sound good at all.

I see we've all got a new team to hate now. fecking cnuts.

On a more serious note, I dont for the life of me understand why Pep wants Thiago. Even if he does, with the WC next year and regular game time being the reason Thiago wanted to move in the 1st place, I'd be surprised if he moved to Bayern. Would make more sense to stay at Barca.

:D

Sorry man, i wasnt trying to have a dig at you, was just filling in the gaps :angel:

Sadly, i just dont see it happening now & if it doesnt, United will may be to blame stalling on this, because Hunter has said the same thing for about 2/3 weeks now(or more) about the same details being inserted in any United contract, as he has with his Barca one & the tax issue of course too.

If we miss out, i think it could be Uniteds fault, them thinkin they can take their time with the deal because "he wont got to Real because of his Barca links & he wont go to Bayern because their well stacked in that area.. so lets just take our time on this one - there's no rush.. its in the bag" type of thing! It'll be sickening it thats the case!!

I really really doubt that.

We need to be quicker on these things. You should always try and wrap something like this up before ze Germans get there.
Bayern's interest has been rumored for a while. So they've been just as slow as we have.

That maybe we shoulda just publicly announced we wanted him despite Moyes thinking is was disrespectful? And that Pep shouldn't be publicly declaring at a press conference that he wants a player who's under contract elsewhere unless there's already been contact made? :confused:

Fair enough.

What would publicly announcing anything have done? By all accounts in recent weeks we've been waiting for Thiago and his people to decide where he's going to play next year. How would us shouting that at a press conference affect the deal in any way? If we want him, we'll have already made that perfectly clear to him.

Graham Hunter just said on Talksports that its looking bleak for United after Pep fecking Guardiola told his higher-ups that Thiago was priority three weeks ago.
Hunter is full of fecking shit.

So he knows nothing about Bayern's interest, says he's almost agreed at United and is looking 80/20, and as soon as Pep gives a press conference he now suddenly knows he told them this three weeks ago, when, shock horror, they were linked to a bid for him for a few days?

Hunter's using Pep's conference + tiny bit of reported interest from Bayern that appeared in the media 3/4 weeks ago to make it look like he knows what he's talking about.

So we're blaming Moyes for this?

We I have no idea but me, yes I am along with Woodward. In a position we've supposedly been in, to being beaten to it is their fault one way or another. Doesn't matter if they were working behind the scenes or Moyes from his blackberry while on vacation. Whatever they've been done has definitely been enough to make the deal happen to date leaving the door open for Pep comments today and what is likely going to be us missing out.

Let's be honest, Fellaini is in no way, shape or form the type of player we should welcome to United.
Corrected my post. I agree, and I meant to say that I haven't really seen any evidence that Moyes wants to bring him here.

fecking hell Moyes, do what you need to do!

Make Solius' vision come true, please :(

Status
Not open for further replies.