Thiago Alcantara | Signed for Bayern Munich

Status
Not open for further replies.
No its simply join Bayern Munich or join Manchester United.. Unless your german Bayern isn't no biggie. But they do have Pep which is the only selling point for him.

Nah I'd not agree with that. Bayern, United, Barcelona and Madrid are the four biggies IMO. They're a monster of a club.

I knew this could happen and that is why I stayed away from this thread pages and pages about how good he is and the different systems he would work in. He may still come here but I doubt it Bayern is as stacked as Barca 08-11 currently but adoring a player who does not play for your team yet is always so risky. Who ever has the most post most be feeling pretty bad right now... Chin up lads.

"I want to join the European Champions".

feck off I don't want to hear that shit again.

No its simply join Bayern Munich or join Manchester United.. Unless your german Bayern isn't no biggie. But they do have Pep which is the only selling point for him.
Champions of Europe. Steamrolled Barcelona on the way to winning it. Possibly have the best squad in the world.

@ Stickles...
Maybe because we got embarassed in the embarassingly one sided champions league final in 2011, and to a lesser extent 09 by a team who focuses everything on their midfield? Then we see last season, Bayern goes and spends 40mil on Martinez because he is the perfect player for them and they end up winning the champions league, humiliating Barca in the process. We look at our squad and see every position has world class players or players with the potential to be that.

We have Rooney and Van Persie up front. Valencia and Nani (think back last summer, ignoring the season gone by) were either potential to be world class or some of the best wingers in the world. In defence we have Evra, Rio, Vidic, Rafael, Evans and then players with huge potential like Jones, Smalling and Fabio. We have De Gea as our keeper who is already one of the best in the world. Who do we have in midfield apart from Carrick who is 31 years old? Two players who shouldn't be starting for a team like United in Cleverley and Anderson, and then we play a 40 year old winger turned midfielder who hasn't had a good game in that position since 2011. It's become ridiculous at this point, no two ways about it. We managed with Fergie at the helm, but there isn't much to suggest that Moyes will be capable of doing it as well.

:lol:

What you're saying is you'll be skeptical about Moyes if he signs a player you don't want at the club. Try to weasel your way out all you want, it's still an embarrassment and it's fans like you who I fecking detest. You continue to throw some swear word insults around like some big keyboard warrior though, that'll win you this 'argument'. I'm not a fan of Fellaini, I regard him as one of the most overrated around, but I'd never be skeptical or think Moyes couldn't do a job if he signed him.
Nope, not players who i don't want, players who aren't good enough. Why do you have trouble interpreting what is said when it's laid down in black and white?

By your logic, if we sign Titus Bramble, Fellaini, Hibbert, Henderson and Heskey, you'd 'never be skeptical or think Moyes couldn't do a job'? Get the feck out of here.

I called you a dick head because you are a dick head. You came in telling me to 'feck off'.

I'm not weasling my way out of anything. When we announced Moyes, my first concern was that he would try to bring Everton quality players into Manchester United.

If he brings players of Fellaini's ilk, i will lose faith in the new direction we're taking. I won't stop supporting. Ever. If having an opinion that isn't 'EVERYTHING MOYES DOES IS FINE' then detest me all you want.

I knew this could happen and that is why I stayed away from this thread pages and pages about how good he is and the different systems he would work in. He may still come here but I doubt it Bayern is as stacked as Barca 08-11 currently but adoring a player who does not play for your team yet is always so risky. Who ever has the most post most be feeling pretty bad right now... Chin up lads.

That an absolute abomination of a post. What the hell is it suppose to say?

Nah, I feel fine. Because it's a football forum, for discussion of football and, you know, I'm a normal human being.

'stayed away from this thread'. :lol: Jeez, the drama queens on here.

'I know Thiago very well. I talked to Rummenigge and Sammer about him, we will wait and then see'
'I don't think adding another midfielder will be a problem for us. I spoke to club about my concept and told them why I want Thiago Alcantara. I give my opinion, but I listen to the board. If they say no, that's ok.

May be all is not lost.

Nah I'd not agree with that. Bayern, United, Barcelona and Madrid are the four biggies IMO. They're a monster of a club.

Replace Bayern with Juventus, Liverpool, Arsenal or AC Milan no one would blink an eyelid. Leave United or the other two out of that list, i bet its noticeable.

this thread needs to be closed until further notice... the more number of pages the more humiliation - just like lucas, sanchez, schneider threads... The truth is if we really wanted we would have got these players - its the haggling from the Glazers have brought us to this point of missing out on important players.. times have changed and today there is more competition in trying to get the best players - Thiago is young and is good, we need to go all the way to get him here..! So Glazers, show us what you you can do!!!!!

I think our only hope of getting him now will be that the Bayern board refuse to sanction a high enough wage offer to compete with ours particularly for a young player in a position they have plenty of quality already.

Strange thing for Pep to come out with. Must be pretty confident he's got him speaking like that. Rather disappointing.

well, it certainly forces the Bayern board to back their man and pay whatever Thiago wants! Which is good news for Peps brother...

this thread needs to be closed until further notice... the more number of pages the more humiliation - just like lucas, sanchez, schneider threads... The truth is if we really wanted we would have got these players - its the haggling from the Glazers have brought us to this point of missing out on important players.. times have changed and today there is more competition in trying to get the best players - Thiago is young and is good, we need to go all the way to get him here..! So Glazers, show us what you you can do!!!!!

I really don't think this has anything to do with the Glazers. This is about Thiago making a choice of where he wants to play. We would probably pay Thiago very handsomely, and play him plenty, but there are plenty of other heavyweights looking at him too, as well as his own club wanting to keep him.

I think our only hope of getting him now will be that the Bayern board refuse to sanction a high enough wage offer to compete with ours particularly for a young player in a position they have plenty of quality already.

Bayern board are going to publicly let down their new manager, who they got rid of a treble winning coach to bring in?

Thiago is as good as a Bayern player. Deal with it. If United don't have eyes on other players now I will be shocked.

Losing out to Bayern given the lure of playing under Pep is not something to be ashamed of at all.

Strange thing for Pep to come out with. Must be pretty confident he's got him speaking like that. Rather disappointing.

I actually think it's the opposite. If he was confident he'd seal the deal quickly and quietly behind closed doors. It's a calculated move to turn Thiago's head.

Bayern board are going to publicly let down their new manager, who they got rid of a treble winning coach to bring in?

Thiago is as good as a Bayern player. Deal with it. If United don't have eyes on other players now I will be shocked.

He retired no?

Nope, not players who i don't want, players who aren't good enough. Why do you have trouble interpreting what is said when it's laid down in black and white?

By your logic, if we sign Titus Bramble, Fellaini, Hibbert, Henderson and Heskey, you'd 'never be skeptical or think Moyes couldn't do a job'? Get the feck out of here.

I called you a dick head because you are a dick head. You came in telling me to 'feck off'.

I'm not weasling my way out of anything. When we announced Moyes, my first concern was that he would try to bring Everton quality players into Manchester United.

If he brings players of Fellaini's ilk, i will lose faith in the new direction we're taking. I won't stop supporting. Ever. If having an opinion that isn't 'EVERYTHING MOYES DOES IS FINE' then detest me all you want.

It's real shame to hear United fans talk so brazenly about how quickly they're prepared to write off David Moyes. If he brings in Fellaini during his first transfer window then you'll lose faith? That's pretty shameful from you to be honest and makes an absolute mockery of SAF's final words to us as manager of our club.

Frogie No!!

No, because that's not even my logic. Signing Fellaini alone is quite different to signing Bramble, Hibbert and Heskey. You're just making shit up as you go along to try to back up your embarrassing opinion while throwing in a "YOU'RE A DICKHEAD!", which makes you sound like an immature child. But hey, you have your opinion, no need to go any further.

Nah, I feel fine. Because it's a football forum, for discussion of football and, you know, I'm a normal human being.

'stayed away from this thread'. :lol: Jeez, the drama queens on here.

I didn't even know it was you mate. Not really a drama queen, the last 100 pages plus have generally been people reacting to no news so the thread was going anywhere imo. I posted a couple of times but you have wasted your time talking about how good of a signing again and again (we know this without coming on the thread) reacting to no news, pictures on twitters, tweets in Spanish, Graham Hunter :lol: I just would feel a bit down as it doesn't look like happening now. Not really trying to single you just my opinion.

This thread is almost as long as the Rooney thread that is shocking hopefully it ends well.
Anyway lads as I said Chin's up.

I agree. Nailed on for Bayern or Madrid sadly. Even though it makes more sense for him to join us, one of those two clubs will put a last ditch bid in, promise him first team football and it'll be Hazard all over again... "I'm joining the European champions"...

I hate to tell you I told you so... guys

So was Chelsea the year before that and they beat both Bayern and Barca. They bigger than us too?

What? I'm not saying they are bigger than us. I'm only pointing out the incorrectness of your statement : "Unless your german Bayern isn't no biggie."

I really don't think this has anything to do with the Glazers. This is about Thiago making a choice of where he wants to play. We would probably pay Thiago very handsomely, and play him plenty, but there are plenty of other heavyweights looking at him too, as well as his own club wanting to keep him.
Give him a little bit more money and see what he does.. between Bayern and United only money will map difference - He'll go to Bayern because of Pep - for united he would come because of playing time and money.!

It's real shame to hear United fans talk so brazenly about how quickly they're prepared to write off David Moyes. If he brings in Fellaini during his first transfer window then you'll lose faith? That's pretty shameful from you to be honest and makes an absolute mockery of SAF's final words to us as manager of our club.

Agreed

Give him a little bit more money and see what he does.. between Bayern and United only money will map difference - He'll go to Bayern because of Pep - for united he would come because of playing time and money.!

What else can you see in that crystal ball of yours?

Status
Not open for further replies.