Thiago Alcantara | Signed for Bayern Munich

Status
Not open for further replies.
DeGea​
Rafa Rio Jones Vidic Evra​
Valencia RVP Chicharito Rooney Nani

Where's the problem?

Sent from my laptop using windows, leaving one hand free to rip your TapaTalk head off, and shit down your throat!​

This thread has been shite since day one, but please do fecking do one. Skeptical about Moyes ability because he doesn't sign Thiago? feck off mate. Disgraceful.
Are you Rainman? Learn to fecking read dick head.

When MOYES WAS ANNOUNCED (yes i said that) i said i would be skeptical of his ability to do a job for us IF HE BROUGHT IN THE LIKES OF FELLAINI WHO ARENT FIT TO PULL OUR SHIRT ON.

What's so hard to understand about that? Nowhere did i say i'll lose faith in him if he specifically doesn't sign Thiago. Idiot.

It's what fifteen-year-olds do on Football Manager and Fifa. Regardless of what team you're managing, you buy your favourite Barcelona player and then try and make your team play like Barcelona.

One way or another, some big Bayern players are going to get dropped or otherwise fecked about. And for what? There isn't a set-up in history more perfectly suited to Barcelona's system than the Barcelona side - the system and the players developed together. Bayern, playing their own brand of football, just shat all over Barcelona. So how does it make any sense to try and get this Bayern side to play the Barca system?

Moyes should have done what Pep did. feck being polite. You don't beat your rivals by saying please and thankyou. Speak out. "We want Thiago because we think he's the best in the world". That'll make him pay attention on his jollies.

Thiago wants assurances on the number of games he will play, can Pep promise that? I reckon thats why we have not signed him before now.

If he does make that promise, he's going to upset someone.

How long has his holiday been btw?

De Gea is still not back with the team just like Thiago isn't. They were in Israel for the U21 euro's until the 17th of June or so, so it's understandable that they got an extended break.

I will comment on one thing and one thing only.

The difference between Moyes and Pep. One won't comment on another club's player while the other will use the media to manipulate a player.

Guardiola telling Thiago he wants him to come to Bayern means he will start nothing else, a few of Bayern's players (Kroos, Luis Gustavo, Emre Can) may have to start looking for new clubs to be honest that team is packed full of quality. The reigning Champions of Europe with Guardiola at the helm or Manchester with Moyes??? Guardiola wants him this badly then Thiago would be foolish not too go.

Will be funny if Pep manages to demolish a side that has just won everything and it goes tits up.

Moyes should have done what Pep did. feck being polite. You don't beat your rivals by saying please and thankyou. Speak out. "We want Thiago because we think he's the best in the world". That'll make him pay attention on his jollies.

We dont know what Moyes has said in private. Moyes has rightly said that he will not speak about players contracted with other clubs and they we are always after the best players in the world. What more can he say?

I agree, I'm not thrilled about the transfer. I'm worried Pep is ignoring a few of the things that made us such an outstanding team last season. I don't want him to turn us into Barca 2.0.

As far as I'm concerned, that's exactly what he'll have to do to fit Thiago in. It's a terrible idea. Not only does it completely not suit most of your best players (Schweinsteiger, in particular, was probably the best CM in the world last season, and now Pep's going to turn him into some kind of shit Busquets?), but Bayern demolished Barca 1.0 last season.

DeGea​
Rafa Rio Jones Vidic Evra​
Valencia RVP Chicharito Rooney Nani​
Where's the problem?​
Sent from my laptop using windows, leaving one hand free to rip your TapaTalk head off, and shit down your throat!​

Spain play with no striker, we play with no midfield. What's the problem.

Thiago wants assurances on the number of games he will play, can Pep promise that? I reckon thats why we have not signed him before now.

I don't think Pep would ever promise anyone minutes, just that they'll be counted on. Thiago played more under Guardiola than Vilanova and Tito got him with one extra year of 1st team experience - I think that says something.

The rest of his pressy included attacks against Rosell & the board for the propaganda related to the Neymar transfer whereby it was reported Pep didn't think Tito could integrate Leo & Neymar into the team together. He felt insulted and was visibly angry and I suppose he now has no issue with going after a player the board has mismanaged in Thiago. Also, for me, confirms that Pep left along with all the other Cruyff loyalists due to Rosell.

Ridiculous if playing time is any part of the reason we had trouble convincing him. He would walk into our midfield and be a guaranteed starter for us for years because he is miles ahead of the likes of Cleverley and Anderson.

Question:

If we accept the 'we have no midfield' premise (I don't but for the sake of argument)

Since 2007, why is

1 Champions League title (plus 2 other final appearances)
5 Premier League trophies
2 League Cups
1 FIFA World Club Cup

.....proof that not having much of a midfield is terrible, incompetent management

yet..

2 Champions League titles
4 La Liga trophies
2 Copa del Rays
2 FIFA World Club Cups

.....proof that playing without a designated striker is 'innovative genius'

?

So the lad has the choice of joining us or joining the European champions managed by the legendary Pep, who he has worked with before and knows very well? Looks like we cant compete on this one if we do not guarantee him game time and pay him an absolute fortune. Time to move on and find another target.

I will comment on one thing and one thing only.

The difference between Moyes and Pep. One won't comment on another club's player while the other will use the media to manipulate a player.

With the crazy thing being he doesn’t have to say anything in public at all. Just get on the phone to his brother and say “I want Thiago at Bayern, make it happen”, which I suspect is what happened ages ago and its now in the bag (if not yet official) so hes talking about it in public.

Done deal.

All Moyes is said he won't talk about players under contract to other clubs. Seems fair enough. Might make his post-match interviews a bit shit mind you.

:lol:

"What one of their players whose name I won't mention did was disgraceful. However, you have to hand it to them and say that the best team (which I won't mention by name) won on the day. One of their players who I won't mention by name was superb, we really struggled to control him or her."

Ribery just signed a new contract. It seemed like they were too stacked and Thiago wouldn't get enough game time but I think Pep is going to play with something like this next season:

Neuer​
Lahm Martinez Dante Alaba​
Kroos Schweiny Thiago​
Muller Gotze Ribery​

This has everyone in their proper positions pretty much apart from Gotze, and doesn't leave anyone out. Robben was never going to be a starter this season, he wasn't first choice last season but most people here only watched Bayern in the latter champions league games when Kroos was injured so Robben got his chance to start. Robben will stay as a squad player on the bench like he was last season, come in for injured players, and the year after when Lewandowski comes in, one of Ribery or Robben will leave most likely because Robben will be 30 and Ribery 31.

Must have missed him signing a new contract. That makes the whole situation a bit bizarre then. I'd wager he'd prefer to have Mandzukic as the CF rather than Gotze. He'll probably rotate Gotze/Muller/Kroos/Thiago/Ribery, keeping 2 on the bench and playing the other 3. They'll all play less minutes than last season, but then again Muller and Ribery both played over 3250 mins anyway, so some rotation will probably keep them fresher. Then when Lewandowski enters, he can replace Mandzukic as 1st choice CF. Will Robben be happy sitting on the bench again for another season? Might make sense to get rid of Robben to free up some wages and get some transfer money in to help balance the books. Either way, the prospects for Bayern are just insane, although Shaqiri might struggle to get some minutes.

So Bayern go out and add Gotze and possibly Thiago to a European Cup winning squad, Barcelona add Neymar, Real add Isco, and we lose our biggest weapon Ferguson and add Varela. Another season of being humbled in Europe awaits!

Will be funny if Pep manages to demolish a side that has just won everything and it goes tits up.

I know they really don't need him I don't know why Guardiola is so adamant but I hardly think he will demolish the side he may get problems in the squad due to playing time but Thiago is a quality young player who wouldn't want him.

As far as I'm concerned, that's exactly what he'll have to do to fit Thiago in. It's a terrible idea. Not only does it completely not suit most of your best players (Schweinsteiger, in particular, was probably the best CM in the world last season, and now Pep's going to turn him into some kind of shit Busquets?), but Bayern demolished Barca 1.0 last season.
I always felt the 343 was the next step for Guardiola, but the small squad and bad luck with injuries prevented the team from making that step in 11/12. That's why they went back to the old system and started playing through Messi for the second half of that season. I wrote a few posts before that I believe, we will see this formation at Bayern. I just thought he wouldn't force the change instantly, try to implement it in one pre-season when a huge part of our first 11 is missing (Schweinsteiger, Götze, Dante, Martinez haven't trained with the team yet). Buying Thiago would probably ease the transformation, so it might help. It looks like he's doing it anyway, so maybe it's better he's doing it with Thiago in the squad.

So the lad has the choice of joining us or joining the European champions managed by the legendary Pep, who he has worked with before and knows very well? Looks like we cant compete on this one if we do not guarantee him game time and pay him an absolute fortune. Time to move on and find another target.

No its simply join Bayern Munich or join Manchester United.. Unless your german Bayern isn't no biggie. But they do have Pep which is the only selling point for him.

Seriously doubt Moyes is heavily involved in transfer negotiations, so him coming out and publicly proclaiming how much he wants to sign a player may do nothing for us other than give the agent and player more leverage to ask for a higher fee.

Are you Rainman? Learn to fecking read dick head.

When MOYES WAS ANNOUNCED (yes i said that) i said i would be skeptical of his ability to do a job for us IF HE BROUGHT IN THE LIKES OF FELLAINI WHO ARENT FIT TO PULL OUR SHIRT ON.

What's so hard to understand about that? Nowhere did i say i'll lose faith in him if he specifically doesn't sign Thiago. Idiot.

:lol:

What you're saying is you'll be skeptical about Moyes if he signs a player you don't want at the club. Try to weasel your way out all you want, it's still an embarrassment and it's fans like you who I fecking detest. You continue to throw some swear word insults around like some big keyboard warrior though, that'll win you this 'argument'. I'm not a fan of Fellaini, I regard him as one of the most overrated around, but I'd never be skeptical or think Moyes couldn't do a job if he signed him.

Status
Not open for further replies.