Thiago Alcantara | Signed for Bayern Munich

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think going so public is a sign of desperation. If Thiago was wanting to join Bayern ahead of us regardless then Pep wouldn't need to bother with publically courting the player. Sounds like it's still in the balance. If this is truly about playing time then we are the best choice for the player.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

We really don't need to know this

I think going so public is a sign of desperation. If Thiago was wanting to join Bayern ahead of us regardless then Pep wouldn't need to bother with publically courting the player. Sounds like it's still in the balance. If this is truly about playing time then we are the best choice for the player.

Precisely. If Bayern really were leading the race to sign him they'd have said nothing. There'd be absolutely no need to. Why would they bother?

Other clubs talk about our players.

Caf reaction: "you unethical bastards, stop talking about our players, lock them up and throw away the key this is a crime!"

Our club doesn't talk about players.

Caf reaction: "we're so shit in the transfer market, we never get anyone"

:lol:

Thats life

Pfffft, we're Manchester United, we don't sign midfielders.

..... to the Anderson thread!

So what happens to Robben and Ribery? Alot of players, I think too many.

Maybe he will now have a sell out?
Gotze an Muller are versatile, so Robben can be benched one week, and then Kroos/Thiago next week, and so on. It may be too many players, but due to the versatility of them, they'll manage I'd imagine.

Two boys fight for a scholarship at a prestigious school. One is very smart but from a poor family who needs the scholarship to to move forward in life, the other is a rich boy, also very talented but already has the support from his family to go to any other school should they not choose him.

The School chooses the rich boy.

Other clubs talk about our players.

Caf reaction: "you unethical bastards, stop talking about our players, lock them up and throw away the key this is a crime!"

Our club doesn't talk about players.

Caf reaction: "we're so shit in the transfer market, we never get anyone"

"He just came out and said he'll be with United for life. Signed a 24yr deal..... He's off in the summer."

The way Pep phrased it, it sounds as though he's told the board what he wants but hasn't received any indication that they're going to follow through with a bid. If he'd said "we're working on bringing him here" that would be different... Pep's only talked about his end of the discussion.

I think if Bayern's senior management all agree and go for him, they'll get him. It won't be a good move, but nonetheless Pep has an emotional pull for Thiago. However, reading between the lines it sounds like Pep went public with this because he doesn't have the board on side yet. And well he shouldn't - this would represent seriously fecking with a winning formula, and straying from Bayern's stated transfer policy, just so that Pep can get his pet project back.

However, I don't see that the board has any choice now but to go along with Pep, or risk seriously undermining both themselves and their new manager before he's even overseen a competitive match.

If they weren't pretty sure they were going to get him why would they you mean?

His agent is Peps Brother ffs.

Even so, I don't know how Pep or his brother can convince This go that there is less competition for places at Bayern rather than Barca. I'd say there is more competition at Bayern. So to go there goes against everything the player is supposed to want.

Even so, I don't know how Pep or his brother can convince This go that there is less competition for places at Bayern rather than Barca. I'd say there is more competition at Bayern. So to go there goes against everything the player is supposed to want.

The Nexus is shit.

:lol: You have to laugh, don't you? I just hope all our eggs wasn't in one basket.

Bayern arrive in the far east for their pre-season tour

arjen_robben_2012_07_23.jpg

Manchester United arrive in the far east for their pre-season tour.

BO34sKsCUAA251g.jpg:large

:lol: You have to laugh, don't you? I just hope all our eggs wasn't in one basket.
What other quality midfielder is there out there who's available for relatively cheap if this doesn't go through? There isn't one that i can think of, certainly not one with Thiago's potential.

Now listen here: if we don't sign a quality midfielder, we're fecked. Proper fecked. Our midfield is nowhere near good enough to compete with the better teams in our league let alone Europe if we get even one injury.

However, I don't see that the board has any choice now but to go along with Pep, or risk seriously undermining both themselves and their new manager before he's even overseen a competitive match.
It wouldn't undermine him at all. All they'd need to do is make a token bid and even if that fails, he's still effectively going to have an extra Goetze in his ranks.

Probably a few more days of run in this story but the one thing we had in our favour was our assumption that most top teams didn't need midfield reinforcements, particularly Bayern.

But nooooooooo old kidney head wants him to join his embarrassment of riches, thats pretty much a declaration of our defeat. Move on chaps.

Gotze an Muller are versatile, so Robben can be benched one week, and then Kroos/Thiago next week, and so on. It may be too many players, but due to the versatility of them, they'll manage I'd imagine.

So then you disrupt a working, settled system, and no-one is getting as much game-time as they'd like. Plus you'd have to be playing people regardless of form, which is never wise.

If Pep really is trying to make Bayern into Barca Mark II, then constant rotation isn't a good idea. That Barca system worked because the key men were there week-in, week-out. Valdes, Pique, Busquets, Xavi, Iniesta, Messi. They all played almost all the time.

One way or another, it's a bad idea.

I think its time for Moyes and Woodward to come clean on this. We look like amateurs. Maybe its time for the club to hire a professional negotiator, at the moment we are not even in the game.

I just think Pep Guardiola is not a decent human being. What sort of a person would do such a thing to us? Christ. How can he sleep at night?

Lest we forget, the Pelligrini factor wasn't enough to entice Isco to City. And in that case, the City board actually wanted to sign the player.

This may be knee jerk but after the last few seasons, I doubt it. I think we're just too passive in the transfer market and let things drag on too long without making quick moves to secure players. What could possibly have been wrong with the Thiago deal? We apparently never even made a concrete offer to pay the release clause, but spent so long trying to get a perfect deal with Thiago. Maybe if we just bid the 15 million release clause which is an amazing price for him, we would have had him by now. Instead it seems like yet again, summer after summer, our main transfer target that we spend so long to try to get ends up going somewhere else out of nowhere. Lucas and Hazard last summer, Sneijder the year before, and so on.

As it stands it looks like going into the new season, we're going to consist of a midfield of Carrick, Cleverley, Anderson and then players who Sir Alex thought could do a job there like Giggs (who has been awful in a midfield 2 for the last 2 years) and Jones. Doesn't look very good so far...

I just think Pep Guardiola is not a decent human being. What sort of a person would do such a thing to us? Christ. How can he sleep at night?

Agreed. No wonder God gave him a big baldy head.

Status
Not open for further replies.