Thiago Alcantara | Signed for Bayern Munich

Status
Not open for further replies.
feck off Pep you knobjockey.

Greedy prick.

I said from the start there was no way this deal was happening and I got slated on here for being negative as every summer its the same when we get linked to the most in demand young player in europe and as the tabloids kept repeating that his signing for us was imminent week after week then I slowly started to buy into the lie .....he'd be signing for us now if pep was our new manager...germans always one step ahead...we'd have had much better odds landing van ginkel than thiago...surprised we didn't get rvp to have a word with him and rival chelsea for him...lets get ross barkley to overcome our pain and turn him into the new scholes/keane all in one....but maybe we'll only get strootman or fellaini now :(

That's absurd.

Moyes doesn't need to name him in public to show he wants him, he can just give me a phone call and talk to him.

Perhaps Moyes is still dazzled by what he already has at his disposal, compared to what he had.

I do hope he has someone in mind that he hasn't let on.

So Bayern have signed Goetze and Thiago. Great. The only way we'll close the gap on them now is if we sign Messi, Jesus and that Japanese kid off YouTube.

Ah, that explains it. That's why we have left a gap - we are anticipating his arrival. Brilliant!

I blame the Manchester weather. Just wait until global warming strikes properly and ruthlessly. Manchester will be the new Barbados.

Well it doesn't mean they'll get him.

If they were front runners to land him why would they need to make such a public declaration?

True. I think Pep is putting pressure on the board to make it happen. It's the sort of thing no United manager would ever do, but it's probably quite effective. He's made it brutally clear how much he wants the player, so if they don't get him now the fans will blame Sammer et al, and Pep will have an excuse if everything doesn't go swimmingly in his first season.

It's a very cnutish win-win for him.

Gustavo, Kroos, Schweinsteiger, Thiago, Götze and Müller would compete for three central positions.

Maybe this is where being a gentleman and not discussing other teams players will backfire. If Thiago is hearing all this then he may thinks Moyes doesn't want him as much as Pep.

That's silly. So let's say United had their people talking to Alcantara's agent and father and letting Barcelona know of their interest in addition to seeing the state of the midfield, that won't be indication of how much United want him, but suddenly Guardiola talking about him at a press conference is a bigger indicator? :wenger:
Even Mazinho didn't say his son wanted a move and just kept mum.

Thank feck I never actually bought into this. Happens every summer to the muppets. Was only a matter of time, really.

Well it doesn't mean they'll get him.

If they were front runners to land him why would they need to make such a public declaration?

Wasn't Mancini talking about interest in RVP before he joined?

If they weren't pretty sure they were going to get him why would they you mean?

His agent is Peps Brother ffs.

True. I think Pep is putting pressure on the board to make it happen. It's the sort of thing no United manager would ever do, but it's probably quite effective. He's made it brutally clear how much he wants the player, so if they don't get him now the fans will blame Sammer et al, and Pep will have an excuse if everything doesn't go swimmingly in his first season.

It is and I'm not sure how happy Barcelona fans will be with it. Opening courting their player still under contract who they presumably still hope to retain. It's a bit disrespectful.

I said from the start there was no way this deal was happening and I got slated on here for being negative as every summer its the same when we get linked to the most in demand young player in europe and as the tabloids kept repeating that his signing for us was imminent week after week then I slowly started to buy into the lie .....he'd be signing for us now if pep was our new manager...germans always one step ahead...we'd have had much better odds landing van ginkel than thiago...surprised we didn't get rvp to have a word with him and rival chelsea for him...lets get ross barkley to overcome our pain and turn him into the new scholes/keane all in one....but maybe we'll only get strootman or fellaini now :(

:lol:

Some people going full meltdown. I wanted Thiago but seriously, calm down.

Fair call that I reckon

Pep is Barcelona through and through so him being a cnut should come as no surprise whatsoever. It's only to be expected, coming from that shower of shite.

It is and I'm not sure how happy Barcelona fans will be with it. Opening courting their player still under contract who they presumably still hope to retain. It's a bit disrespectful.

It's very disrespectful. I'm sure both the Barca fans and management are spitting mad, especially since it was Pep who allowed Thiago to have that clause in the first place. But at the end of the day being cnutish in football these days doesn't do you any harm. He doesn't need the Barca people to like him any more.

If they weren't pretty sure they were going to get him why would they you mean?

His agent is Peps Brother ffs.

No I mean if they were sure they were getting him why would they bother with this?

If you're front runner to sign someone and you're confident you have the deal wrapped up surely all you say is "He's a good player but now is not the time to speak of this, he's under contract" rather than what was said.

It seems like the tactic of a club who know they're losing the race but have decided to steal a march by being the first to publicly declare interest. If he was joining a public declaration of interest and Guardiola upsetting Barcelona fans by openly talking about wanting a player still under contract to them - wouldn't be necessary.

Gustavo, Kroos, Schweinsteiger, Thiago, Götze and Müller would compete for three central positions.

Muller and Gotze can play wide. Martinez would be in that list too I'd imagine.

Wonder what Barca fans make of it, especially coming from a team that bum raped them last season :lol:

No I mean if they were sure they were getting him why would they bother with this?

If you're front runner to sign someone and you're confident you have the deal wrapped up surely all you say is "He's a good player but now is not the time to speak of this, he's under contract" rather than what was said.

It seems like the tactic of a club who know they're losing the race but have decided to steal a march by being the first to publicly declare interest. If he was joining a public declaration of interest and Guardiola upsetting Barcelona fans by openly talking about wanting a player still under contract to them - wouldn't be necessary.

I buy more into the putting pressure on the Bayern board. ThiagNO will be well aware of Peps interest obviously.

Muller plays on the right.

It will be tough competition for him but I reckon he's good enough to get into that team.

Muller plays in the middle for Bayern, Robben plays on the right.

Fact of the matter is they have an annoyingly high amount of quality players for midfield and attack.

If previous summers are any indication, we should now be signing Lewandowski at any moment. Perhaps Garay too.

Personally, the rejection of all these top creative talents just leads me to believe we should teach the world a lesson. Fellaini, kongdogobia and Joey Barton should do it.

We are too fecking nice in the transfer market. Moyes says he won't talk about any transfers, and Pep in just one line - "It'll be Thiago or no one", conveys to Thiago how much belief he has in his abilities.

Absolutely this.

Pep has just showed his winning hand, making a strong public statement which will be huge persuasion for the player.

This is fecking bollocks.

Wonder what Barca fans make of it, especially coming from a team that bum raped them last season :lol:

Well that would be one upside to it all, I guess. Barcelona fans crying slightly harder than we are.

I just don't see why Guardiola would risk angering fans who he's adored by and presumably still has and wants to retain a good relationship with by talking about wanting their player in public if he was confident of singing him anyway.

Muller plays in the middle for Bayern, Robben plays on the right.

Fact of the matter is they have an annoyingly high amount of quality players for midfield and attack.
He spent a huge chunk of last season on the right. Robben only started 18 games.

Don't go to Munich Thiago. The weather's shite, the food's crap and they have a completely different culture to what you're used to. Manchester's where it's at.

Muller and Gotze can play wide.

And then you have to drop Ribery and Robben, two of Bayern's most important players. There's no way round it - if you play Thiago regularly, then one key treble-winning player is going to have to be dropped at the very least. Martinez at CB, Gotze as a false 9, Muller playing wide... they all have the same fall-out.

I think going so public is a sign of desperation. If Thiago was wanting to join Bayern ahead of us regardless then Pep wouldn't need to bother with publically courting the player. Sounds like it's still in the balance. If this is truly about playing time then we are the best choice for the player.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Other clubs talk about our players.

Caf reaction: "you unethical bastards, stop talking about our players, lock them up and throw away the key this is a crime!"

Our club doesn't talk about players.

Caf reaction: "we're so shit in the transfer market, we never get anyone"

Status
Not open for further replies.