Thiago Alcantara | Signed for Bayern Munich

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, it was a good ride I reckon. A couple of class gifs here and some ups and downs there to make you sweat a bit.

I guess we'll see each other next year? :)

We are too fecking nice in the transfer market. Moyes says he won't talk about any transfers, and Pep in just one line - "It'll be Thiago or no one", conveys to Thiago how much belief he has in his abilities.

Well, it was a good ride I reckon. A couple of class gifs here and some ups and downs there to make you sweat a bit.

I guess we'll see each other next year? :)

We should have a thread about who next years 'massive muppet potential transfer that inevitably doesn't come off thread' will be about.

2011 it was Charlie Adam, 2012 it was Eden Hazard, 2013 it was Thiago. Hard to take this.

Watch bayern finalise the deal in about 2 days as well, after we've faffed around for two months.

Why is it so hard to understand that where the player wants to go factors in all this? If he's made his choice and it's Bayern of course it'll get sorted fast.

feck it, lets put a huge bid in for Bastian Schweinsteiger!

Who we gonna buy though? Most midfielders of the calibre we need are very well settled at the club they are at.

Say we splash 35million. Cant think of a player whom any club would sell to us.

Indeed - we've fecked about for six seasons signing multiple players in every position expect in central-midfield, and now the available options there seem pretty limited.

We've lost out on great youngsters many times before and it hasn't stopped us winning things. There's no way we had everything resting on Thiago, chill.

We are too fecking nice in the transfer market. Moyes says he won't talk about any transfers, and Pep in just one line - "It'll be Thiago or no one", conveys to Thiago how much belief he has in his abilities.

Makes sense given that he had Gotze imposed on him when he actually wanted Neymar.

We've lost out on great youngsters many times before and it hasn't stopped us winning things. There's no way we had everything resting on Thiago, chill.

Stop being so sensible! Get with the crowd and whinge and moan!

Hmm, so he intends to play the same Barcelona way, with a false No 9, hence the need for more quality midfielders. If he does that, makes sense and easily provides a platfrom for Thiago, Gotze and Schweinsteiger to dazzle.

feck, that will be an amazing team if he can pull it off.

Fair play to him if he persuades Thiago to join, its a great vision and will take Munchen onto an even higher level of play than last season.

Meanwhile, we have Anderson.

Watch bayern finalise the deal in about 2 days as well, after we've faffed around for two months.

Not sure why the Club is being blamed for this particular transfer.

Guardiola's interview suggests how much he wants him, I said it earlier I think if Bayern wants him badly then they'll get him.

Not at all.

It's certainly one or the other. Either Thiago plays, and a lot of Bayern players get mighty pissed off because they'll be dropped or forced out of their favourite positions or Thiago gets feck all gametime.

I admire Bayern and the bold way they came out saying they want the player.We will probably never know if we were in for him.

I think it's more about Pep coming out and saying it than Bayern doing so. Note that he said 'I give my opinion, but I listen to the board. If they say no, that's ok.' Sounds like he hasn't actually been told whether or not he can have Thiago. By making his desire public so emphatically - 'Thiago is the only player I want' etc - he makes it extremely awkward for the board to say no. It's a cnutish move, but then so is stealing your old club's best talent using a release clause which you signed off on in the first place.

So Bayern have signed Goetze and Thiago. Great. The only way we'll close the gap on them now is if we sign Messi, Jesus and that Japanese kid off YouTube.

So City lost out on Isco, Liverpool with Mkthiaryan, Chelsea seems to lose out on Falcao and Cavani and now we with Thiago. Been a bad summer for English football so far.

No better still, I hope Moyes convinces that fat Cnut Rooney to play in midfield and gets him to kick lumps out of that little Spanish Cnut.

I really do.

Not sure why the Club is being blamed for this particular transfer.

Guardiola's interview suggests how much he wants him, I said it earlier I think if Bayern wants him badly then they'll get him.

Maybe this is where being a gentleman and not discussing other teams players will backfire. If Thiago is hearing all this then he may thinks Moyes doesn't want him as much as Pep.

Fair play to him if Thiago joins, its a great vision and will take Munchen onto an even higher level of play than last season.

I don't buy that at all. It only takes Munich to a higher level if you're one of those people who thinks the Barca way is automatically the best way to play football. It doesn't suit a lot of those Bayern players. Some of them won't be particularly good at it, and some will but their skill-set will be wasted on it.

This Bayern team pissed all over the Barca system last season by playing their system. Trying to turn them into a clone of Pep's Barca is a huge mistake.

Maybe this is where being a gentleman and not discussing other teams players will backfire. If Thiago is hearing all this then he may thinks Moyes doesn't want him as much as Pep.

That's absurd.

Moyes doesn't need to name him in public to show he wants him, he can just give me a phone call and talk to him.

Is anyone surprised? Seriously?

I said that ages ago - that SAF's refusal to sign midfielders will put us in a vulnerable position sooner or later. our bargaining position when buying defenders, strikers, wingers is very strong. when it comes to midfielders basically agents, other clubs and players can dictate what they want and we know that United wont bend for their demands.

So yeah get use to seeing Jones or Rooney playing in the middle.

Im chilled, except I can't think of a realistic plan b or c ... and this year we really do need an extra classy midfield player

So City lost out on Isco, Liverpool with Mkthiaryan, Chelsea seems to lose out on Falcao and Cavani and now we with Thiago. Been a bad summer for English football so far.

Oh, the allure of Spanish and more recently French clubs.

Same ol' really.

Personally it always seemed like he was a little reluctant to come here. Its taken quite a long time and I reckon Pep's been to work on him and trying to convince him to go there.

You can't beat the lure of Pep and the current European Champions.

They'll sign him now. Pep wants him and Bayern will want to support their new coach.

Well it doesn't mean they'll get him.

If they were front runners to land him why would they need to make such a public declaration?

Wasn't Mancini talking about interest in RVP before he joined?

Status
Not open for further replies.