Thiago Alcantara | Signed for Bayern Munich

Status
Not open for further replies.
This whole transfer feels like meeting the sexiest bird you've been after for a long time, drunk at a club. You get dancing and she invites you back to her house. When you get back, she falls asleep straight on the couch.

The feeling of so close yet so far... :rolleyes:

This whole transfer feels like meeting the sexiest bird you've been after for a long time, drunk at a club. You get dancing and she invites you back to her house. When you get back, she falls asleep straight on the couch.

The feeling of so close yet so far... :rolleyes:
You can do more stuff to them when they fall asleep though.

:nervous:

If anyone puts their cocks back in then they must be gay. You can't give up now, we've been through so much.

But it was an utterly ludicrous point. Why on earth would they include his name in the tour party before an official announcement confirming his signing?
feck me some of you love labouring the point don't you?

Why do people love to hang on every single mistake to try and make themselves look clever? I said 'scrap that' immediately after once i'd realised i'd dropped a bollock. For some reason i saw it and completely forgot it wasn't a standard 'squad' announcement and was open to change.

I made a mistake, basically admitted it then get some prick jump down my throat with his :lol: smileys trying to make me look a cnut. But that's ok cause my statement was stupid?

Errors happen, i dropped a bollock. Man enough to admit it unlike some on here who would be sat trying to think of some half arsed argument to justify it.

Moyes said we're working on it and there's pretty much no reason to not believe him as United like to make some deals far away from official media spotlight.

While start of a tournee will be more about younger players like Zaha or Januzaj, United shouldn't be distracted from making every deal happen when the right time for it will come.

Moyes said we're working on it and there's pretty much no reason to not believe him as United like to make some deals far away from official media spotlight.

While start of a tournee will be more about younger players like Zaha or Januzaj, United shouldn't be distracted from making every deal happen when the right time for it will come.
Yeh if he says there's work going on behind the scenes then we have to believe they're trying to bring in some top quality players. Who they are and whether they sign remains to be seen.

Some muppetry to dwell on for a bit:

Rumours were Barca wouldn't announce anything about Thiago until they'd signed Thiago Silva.

Looking like they're gonna sign him now, if Espn Brasil are to be believed.

This the reason we've heard nothing until now. PR stunt on Barca's side to appease fans.

Note: all of the above may be false, but it's a decent attempt at 2+2=5.

Graham Hunter getting arsey with someone on Twitter:

1. Matic Vajngerl@Andershow8 28m
    @BumperGraham @ManUtd What? You said that the deal is very close and you thought it is a 80/20 situation. Why no deal in 3 weeks? Don`t lie.
    Expand
  2. Graham Hunter@BumperGraham 27m
    @Andershow8 @ManUtd Listen halfwit, I said Deulofeu done. I said Thiago advanced. If you think that's the same then you are a dope. Beat it

Can't believe that people were taking this guys tweets as gospel a few weeks back.

Asshole.

Even though Thiago and Thiago aren't similar players they could argue now they've added Thiago they're more willing to 'trim the fat' elsewhere in the squad and let Thiago go.

I was becoming accustomed to the thought of Thiago playing for us. In my mind he'll don our kit come the start of the season. The inevitable letdown will be massive.

I was becoming accustomed to the thought of Thiago playing for us. In my mind he'll don our kit come the start of the season. The inevitable letdown will be massive.

Follow my model - never think we'll sign anyone and therefore you can never be letdown.

My mate at work is a big Everton fan and said Moyes often said they were busy in the transfer window, even if it didn't seem like it and the end result was often they didn't sign anyone at all or someone irrelevant.

I started thinking this summer that Graham was looking to piggyback Thiago back into English media, perhaps covering English football since he's lost many of his Primera insiders. The difference between him & Guillem is that Hunter is neither a weasel like Balague nor someone to make things up. However, that doesn't mean he's as in the know as some here continue to want to believe. Mazinho could very well be playing him like a violin.

At this point, it's best to wait until Thiago addresses his status

I started thinking this summer that Graham was looking to piggyback Thiago back into English media, perhaps covering English football since he's lost many of his Primera insiders. The difference between him & Guillem is that Hunter is neither a weasel like Balague nor someone to make things up. However, that doesn't mean he's as in the know as some here continue to want to believe. Mazinho could very well be playing him like a violin.

At this point, it's best to wait until Thiago addresses his status
Hunter's been asked numerous times since last night about updates on how far along it is and he's completely ignored them. He knows shite all.

My mate at work is a big Everton fan and said Moyes often said they were busy in the transfer window, even if it didn't seem like it and the end result was often they didn't sign anyone at all or someone irrelevant.
what relevance does that hold? Everton were working under strict financial constraints

He also never won anything with Everton. He isn't going to do everything as he did it with Everton is he? Working under a budget which often relied on selling first surely had an impact on Everton's signings. And considering he brought in players like Baines, Fellaini, Mirallas and Pienaar who have all shone, it had to be worth the wait.

feck me some of you love labouring the point don't you?

Why do people love to hang on every single mistake to try and make themselves look clever? I said 'scrap that' immediately after once i'd realised i'd dropped a bollock. For some reason i saw it and completely forgot it wasn't a standard 'squad' announcement and was open to change.

I made a mistake, basically admitted it then get some prick jump down my throat with his :lol: smileys trying to make me look a cnut. But that's ok cause my statement was stupid?

Errors happen, i dropped a bollock. Man enough to admit it unlike some on here who would be sat trying to think of some half arsed argument to justify it.
Calm down, princess. You made an utterly mind-boggling statement and I picked up on it - you should expect that on a forum really. Fair play for admitting/realising it was nonsense though.

Hunter's been asked numerous times since last night about updates on how far along it is and he's completely ignored them. He knows shite all.
That doesn't make any sense. It could be well mean there's nothing new to report.

Pretty nonsensical to think that how Moyes acted in the transfer window at Everton will be any precursor on how he'll act with our millions behind him.

And you didn't call you're mate an idiot?

You can say what you want about Hunter but as far as I can tell, the man has been consistent. He hasn't said deal done. He has maintained the 80/20 stance and that he will report news when there is news. What news is there? If you can't handle the lack of actual news, whose fault is that?

Of course you cannot take his every word as gospel but he's someone who put Mazinho in contact with United. Therefore, it's safe to say he probably knows something. If I was in his position, I would be a little annoyed with all the constant mentions. The use of Twitter has made numerous people desperate for news. So much so, people forget how long transfer negotiations can go and become very impatient. If you are a journalist and have no news to report, why should you have to repeatedly the same thing to thousands of people? I would be even more annoyed if someone misconstrued what I said (as a journalist) and then try and use that against me as if they seem to imply I don't know anything.

playing devil's advocate is fun

Graham Hunter getting arsey with someone on Twitter:

1. Matic Vajngerl@Andershow8 28m
    @BumperGraham @ManUtd What? You said that the deal is very close and you thought it is a 80/20 situation. Why no deal in 3 weeks? Don`t lie.
    Expand
  2. Graham Hunter@BumperGraham 27m
    @Andershow8 @ManUtd Listen halfwit, I said Deulofeu done. I said Thiago advanced. If you think that's the same then you are a dope. Beat it

Andershow 8 is blatantly someone on here. I've never seen 'Andershow' written anywhere else.

You can say what you want about Hunter but as far as I can tell, the man has been consistent. He hasn't said deal done. He has maintained the 80/20 stance and that he will report news when there is news. What news is there? If you can't handle the lack of actual news, whose fault is that?

Of course you cannot take his every word as gospel but he's someone who put Mazinho in contact with United. Therefore, it's safe to say he probably knows something. If I was in his position, I would be a little annoyed with all the constant mentions. The use of Twitter has made numerous people desperate for news. So much so, people forget how long transfer negotiations can go and become very impatient. If you are a journalist and have no news to report, why should you have to repeatedly the same thing to thousands of people? I would be even more annoyed if someone misconstrued what I said (as a journalist) and then try and use that against me as if they seem to imply I don't know anything.

According to himself. Not to interfere with your devil's advocacy, which is reasonable. But there's no more proof of his involvement in the transfer than there is of anything else he's posted.

According to himself. Not to interfere with your devil's advocating, which is reasonable. But there's no more proof of his involvement in the transfer than there is of anything else he's posted.
Even if he was not directly involved, it doesn't mean he knows nothing of what's going on which is what some people are claiming. I am not sure if you are familiar with Russell's teapot analogy. My use of it in this situation is a bit loose but here is my point. Even if "proof" was shown Hunter indeed put Mazinho in contact with United, football fans would still be quite skeptical. Therefore, I am going to assume that having "proof" really doesn't mean anything in this situation. Since transfer deals are mostly conducted in private, the more general public is left with loose assumptions and most of the time, the proof you are looking for is rarely revealed. If you follow Tancredi Palmeri, he reported on a Roma director who mistakenly forgot to switch off his phone after conversing with radio journalists. They heard his private conversation with a fellow director about some Roma players and now the cat is out of the bag. However, 99% of the time, this would never happen and we would never have such direct access to the players in question.

All of this to make the following point. Stop looking for proof. Whether you find it or not, doesn't mean much in the end. There will always be questions and very few answers. Why? Most of the time, the "proof" people are looking for, will rarely be found because such access to information is hard to come by. Despite the advancement in technology, we have not really gained any further insight into what is actually happening in these negotiations despite what we see on Twitter or other mediums of online news. Ultimately, fans will continue to remain skeptical. Agents will be agents and everyone's agendas will continue to be at play. I could prove to you that I know someone who works at the club. However, if you are just as skeptical as you were before I told you, what has really been accomplished? In fact, you could even be more skeptical. Now consider what I have said and consider the volatile nature of transfers. Can you not see how easy it is for someone who was once deemed as "reliable" to being regarded as "knowing feck all".

Status
Not open for further replies.