Thiago Alcantara | Signed for Bayern Munich

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nothing new, to be fair, we heard that before. It is also expected to be so, if we sign before Barca starts pre-season, he'll come here. If not, he'll start the pre-season with Barca but that doesn't mean that we cannot sign him after that. Remember Van Persie. What he should do if the transfer isn't concluded? Not train with Barca? And what Barca spokesman should have expected to say?It is absolutely nothing new and nothing that could make us thing in one or other way.

Wouldn't it be hilarious if it turned out in the end that we never offered him a contract and that all this was just spread to the media in order for him to get a better contract with Barca?

No!

SPORT's daily bullshit reports tomorrow that Thiago has rejected Madrid and Barcelona will attempt to tempt him to remain again.

In this sense, Manchester United is the club that excites him. The new coach, David Moyes, reserves a role in the new project and would have virtually guaranteed ownership. This would give another chance to fulfill their greatest dreams as the World Cup in Brazil in 2014. Vicente del Bosque already officially debuted with the Red and takes into account its evolution.
Thiago wants to enjoy continuity and know that in addition to Manchester United, also followed by other Europeans? `Large. Madrid is one of them, but Bayern Munich. The Bavarians would not escape the option of including one of the most talented footballers in Europe in the unlikely event it broke his departure to Old Trafford.
At the moment the transaction is in neutral, but can be triggered at any time. Just need to give Manchester United the final step and put on the table the 18 million euros that include its clause. The English club's intention is to make the deal permanent closure as transfer and not have to pay taxes that involve the payment of the termination clause. Meanwhile, Real Madrid had to switch targets to bolster the midfield.

the sport article is quite in favour of us actually, but that Bayern wait in the wings.

Pre-season doesn't change anything. Rooney and Evra have started pre-season with us, because they are contractually obliged to, but there are still questionmarks over their futures with us. If Nani wasn't getting his nose done, then he'd be training with us too. I still think there's plenty of time to do business.

When this clause apparently expires at the end of the month, then I think it will be truly over, as Barca can ask for a much higher fee. Unless Thiago also really pushes hard for a move, but if he wanted that, he'd have done it whilst the clause is low.

I believe we'll have an answer before he returns to his camp next Monday, though I'm starting to believe it won't be the answer we want to hear.

What did people expect he'd be doing? Do we think there's this special Beetlejuice-like waiting room where all those who are moving clubs go to rather than begin pre-season training.

Every single player there is either has or is scheduled to start pre-season with the club they're currently under contract to. Presumably we must assume that the chances of anyone signing anyone else in this window are now very low as a result?

Pre-season doesn't change anything. Rooney and Evra have started pre-season with us, because they are contractually obliged to, but there are still questionmarks over their futures with us. If Nani wasn't getting his nose done, then he'd be training with us too. I still think there's plenty of time to do business.

When this clause apparently expires at the end of the month, then I think it will be truly over, as Barca can ask for a much higher fee. Unless Thiago also really pushes hard for a move, but if he wanted that, he'd have done it whilst the clause is low.

I believe we'll have an answer before he returns to his camp next Monday, though I'm starting to believe it won't be the answer we want to hear.

I agree that pre-season means nothing. Even if negotiations with us are advanced, he can hardly refuse to go back to training, until everything is completed.

RvP admitted that he knew his deal between us and Arsenal was in the advanced stages of being sorted/negotiated when he was away with the national team, yet he still had to go back to Arsenal's pre-season, and Wenger was still refuting the transfer claims left, right and centre.

This transfer seems to be taking it's toll on the caftards. There has been no 'official' updates, and the little that we do get, the media drag it out and rehash quotes to keep the story alive for days. It doesn't mean that nothing is going on behind the scenes though, just because we are not privy to the information.

Barcelona, haven't come out and said "Thiago had decided that he is staying" which would be the easy thing to do to reassure their fans, if he was indeed staying. Just because he is joining them for pre-season doesn't mean that he isn't leaving. It just means that there are a few more i's to be dotted, t's to be crossed, and tax to be negotiated. Personally I'm still very optimistic that this is going to happen.

Now... I'm going to search for a new quote/article that we can cling to for the next 24-48hrs....

Barcelona have had chances to say he wants to stay as has Thiago's father yet its all hush hush. It might be another few weeks but it is not over yet.

What did people expect he'd be doing? Do we think there's this special Beetlejuice-like waiting room where all those who are moving clubs go to rather than begin pre-season training.

Every single player there is either has or is scheduled to start pre-season with the club they're currently under contract to. Presumably we must assume that the chances of anyone signing anyone else in this window are now very low as a result?

You've never heard of transfer purgatory?
You disappoint me Stickles.

Wouldn't it be hilarious if it turned out in the end that we never offered him a contract and that all this was just spread to the media in order for him to get a better contract with Barca?

Get a dictionary. :mad:

Sport is becoming a bit like The Daily Star after the Villa+Thiago+£4m swap for Rooney story a matter of hours before Villa signed for Atletico. But here is their latest mutterings anyway:

THE BAVARIAN CLUB IS ATTENTIVE TO THE OUTCOME WITH UNITED TO TAKE A STEP FORWARD IN THE MIDDLE
THE BAYERN DOES NOT GIVE UP THIAGO
The Bavarian club is aware footballer negotiations with Manchester United and is positioning itself as another option for the player

Thiago, with fellow club
D.Peyret| 09.07.2013 | 04:05 h.
Bayern is attentive to the situation of Thiago Alcantara, waiting to see the outcome with Manchester United, the club that is closer to close the signing. The preference of the player is still out of the club, as their priority is to have greater prominence than it would augur next season at Barcelona.

In this sense, your first choice is to join the project Moyes at United. In the English club and have made it known that you are booking a role in the team and the player is excited about the opportunity to continue to grow into one of the most stable teams in recent decades, in the first line always competitive.

In the event that the English club to back down in the payment of its rescission clause (18 million plus VAT), Thiago would favor the pass to Bayern Munich, a team which would coincide with Guardiola.The technician did not favor his players gain exequipo, but in this case it is the player who has decided to step forward and open the exit door of Barcelona.

This meant Pep, during his presentation in Munich, the possible outputs Barça players. "People have to know that Barca are not going for money or desire. There are two possibilities: you throw or you feel like playing and Barcelona do not "he said.

The technician also recalled that "in this situation, these players are open to the world. No club has enough money or coach to remove a Barca player. Although I call them, they will not come here. "

For now, the German does not give up and rushes their options to sign a player that conforms to the new draft Guardiola. The coach has been one of the most influential in the career of hispanobrasileño, which was gaining presence in the first team Guardiola hand. With it, you won? Fajándose defensive presence in positions of great difficulty in the 3-4-3 system what was polishing a increasingly mature football.

Now, at Bayern, Guardiola works to bring new nuances to a team that this course will be starring with the ball. In the first few weeks with the Bavarians, the ball has been the center of everything."Pressure and dribbling" have been two of the most repeated concepts to those skilled in some intense sessions, full of new concepts for a template methodology used to Heynckes.

Pep has even hired a nutritionist to improve the nutrition of the template. The technical and detail-conscious force is Bayern as Messi and Cristiano individuals and other in strength of the group. The coach is convinced that Thiago would provide a bonus to the German set associative play.

The hispanobrasileño, meanwhile, is tired of waiting after a season in which he hoped to have more minutes, especially in important meetings, where Tito usually bet by players with a longer path on the computer.

His last conversation with Tito after finishing the season also served to convince the player. The technician urged patience in the same way that once Xavi and Iniesta, but Thiago believes that the time is now and wants to enjoy football in a team having continuity with aspirations in the Champions League in a year with the award of World Cup in Brazil.

and

THE LAST 'NO' TO MADRID THIAGO
Madrid president raised pay back clause of the player, despite being assured that he would not

Jordi Gil| 07/10/2013 | 04:05 h.
Catalans fans can feel reassured that they will not see Thiago Alcántara white dress next season.
And it will not be because Real Madrid have shown interest and insisted on paying his buyout clause, which until July 31 is 18 million euros. Its president, Florentino Perez, reprobed incorporation in the Confederations Cup, but met with refusal of the player whose fate seems bound to Manchester United.
Florentino is dazzled by the play of Thiago and believed that his move was ideal to return the impact caused by the arrival of Neymar to FC Barcelona, ​​and reinforce the midfield, one of the priority objectives it has set for Madrid entity this summer.
The white chief conceded very badly by the signing of Brazilian club and each of the goals he scored in the Confederations Cup he sat like a shot. See how on the first play of the tournament and scored a great goal into the top corner was a blow to Florentino, who had to endure as Neymar was proclaimed champion and was named the best player of the competition.
The President responded by reconsidering the payment of the termination clause of Thiago, though he himself had said weeks before it was an option that was discarded. Florentino wanted to sign the Spanish-Brazilian at all costs and his move to join Isco, the two big winners in the Under 21.
However, the player and his immediate environment were clear to leave the club by signing for Real Madrid was a play too hard and, in any case, Thiago intends to act in a spirit of revenge against the club that has formed as a player. The interest by moving midfielder sporting criteria solely due.Considers that the club did not get enough minutes to make further progress and can not miss the opportunity to become a key part of other European big.
In this sense, Manchester United is the club that excites him. The new coach, David Moyes, reserves a role in the new project and would have virtually guaranteed ownership. This would give another chance to fulfill their greatest dreams as the World Cup in Brazil in 2014. Vicente del Bosque already officially debuted with the Red and takes into account its evolution.
Thiago wants to enjoy continuity and know that in addition to Manchester United, also followed by other Europeans? `Large. Madrid is one of them, but Bayern Munich. The Bavarians would not escape the option of including one of the most talented footballers in Europe in the unlikely event it broke his departure to Old Trafford.
At the moment the transaction is in neutral, but can be triggered at any time. Just need to give Manchester United the final step and put on the table the 18 million euros that include its clause. The English club's intention is to make the deal permanent closure as transfer and not have to pay taxes that involve the payment of the termination clause. Meanwhile, Real Madrid had to switch targets to bolster the midfield.
Once Florentino Perez has proven conclusively that you can not join Thiago, has focused its efforts in signing another promise of the U 21 as Asier Illarramendi, of the Royal Society. In this case you should have convinced the player, but the Basque club is for the work to lower its 30 million buyout clause. The Florentine Checkbook is generous, but not always serves to achieve their goals.

Edit: I have no idea why there are three spoilers above the second article :confused:

the sport article is quite in favour of us actually, but that Bayern wait in the wings.

Agreed.

It basically says Madrid are desperate to do something to do something dramatic, because Neymar went to Barca. Desperate enough for Perez to go back on his comment about not using a release clause against Barca. But that Thiago turned them down because he didn't want to treat Barca like that.

The article goes on to say that Barca are expecting him to go to United and that we're just finalising the details of the offer (and from the sounds of it, talking to tax lawyers).

If our deal falls through, they say Bayern are in the wings.

Barcelona are meanwhile planning for his departure. In other words Sport still says he's off - meaning it's on.

http://www.sport.es/es/noticias/barca/ultimo-thiago-madrid-2492970

I hope Bayern don't take a step forward in the middle :(

Whatever that means.

Yeah, if they take a step forward on the edge, that might be better for us.

Agreed.

It basically says Madrid are desperate to do something to do something dramatic, because Neymar went to Barca. Desperate enough for Perez to go back on his comment about not using a release clause against Barca. But that Thiago turned them down because he didn't want to treat Barca like that.

The article goes on to say that Barca are expecting him to go to United and that we're just finalising the details of the offer (and from the sounds of it, talking to tax lawyers).

If our deal falls through, they say Bayern are in the wings.

Barcelona are meanwhile planning for his departure. In other words Sport still says he's off - meaning it's on.

http://www.sport.es/es/noticias/barca/ultimo-thiago-madrid-2492970

Good summary. I don't think anyone on here trusts Sport any more though!

I used to think Bayern aren't interested at all, but yesterday against Brescia Calcio we played a 4141 formation. If that's the plan and Müller/Götze are options for the 1 upfront, we might actually find enough playing time for another midfielder like Thiago. Müller played out wide though, Mandzukic/Pizarro each played 45minutes upfront and I have no idea what position Schweinsteiger will play in that formation, he's not fully fit yet after his ankle surgery. Martinez and Götze aren't back in training either, so the formation doesn't have to mean anything yet. Hoijberg and Can look great so far in pre-season, so I still hope we trust our own midfield talents and tweak the formation to use them and not buy anyone.

I used to think Bayern aren't interested at all, but yesterday against Brescia Calcio we played a 4141 formation. If that's the plan and Müller/Götze are options for the 1 upfront, we might actually find enough playing time for another midfielder like Thiago. Müller played out wide though, Mandzukic/Pizarro each played 45minutes upfront and I have no idea what position Schweinsteiger will play in that formation, he's not fully fit yet after his ankle surgery. Martinez and Götze aren't back in training either, so the formation doesn't have to mean anything yet. Hoijberg and Can look great so far in pre-season, so I still hope we trust our own midfield talents and tweak the formation to use them and not buy anyone.

http://espnfc.com/news/story/_/id/1493982/guardiola-changes-make-bayern-even-better?cc=4716

I'm more annoyed about how this deal seems to be stalling our approach for other midfielders this summer. I certainly hope we have a backup plan/player if this deal doesn't fall through.

We need depth and quality in midfield. Carrick, Anderson, Cleverley and Giggs is simply too thin and lacks quality. We should be targeting two midfielders.

We need depth and quality in midfield. Carrick, Anderson, Cleverley and Giggs is simply too thin and lacks quality. We should be targeting two midfielders.

Kagawa as well, then we've got Januzaj who shouldn't be too far off breaking through the first team.

Add in Powell too, and possibly Fletcher if he makes a return( it's about 50/50 at the moment), but yeah, we do need 2 new quality midfielders.
If Fletcher comes back to a decent level, that's one of them I'd like to believe.

Kagawa as well, then we've got Januzaj who shouldn't be too far off breaking through the first team.

Kagawa is not a CM, he plays as a winger or behind the striker. Thiago usually plays much deeper. We need a player to partner Carrick every week, and at the moment we simply don't have anyone like that.

We have been in a need of quality CM since 2009 i reckon. Now we are desperate and this means that either we are getting a midfielder for huge signing fee and wages or someone half decent to make up the numbers.
Either way i don't believe this Alcantara lad is coming here.

We have been in a need of quality CM since 2009 i reckon. Now we are desperate and this means that either we are getting a midfielder for huge signing fee and wages or someone half decent to make up the numbers.
Either way i don't believe this Alcantara lad is coming here.

Or we're not getting anyone as per usual and rely on players we already have. We won the league last season so it wouldn't be so bad.

Or we're not getting anyone as per usual and rely on players we already have. We won the league last season so it wouldn't be so bad.

Pretty much everyone around us is strengthening though. We'd be daft not to keep up, considering our title rivals fell hopelessly short last season, though not through lack of quality, but more so having poor coaches who really bottled the motivational side of things, in my opinion. Mancini did a lousy job to get that team hungry to win it again, something Fergie was always brilliant at.

Sarni, both Fletcher and Scholes are more or less gone. Carrick has been fantastic but you cannot expect him to play full 90 minutes in every game. Then we have more or less dependable midfielders in Anderson and Cleverley. and of course stand in midfielders in Jones and Giggs.

My point is- we won the title despite our midfield weakness.

Pretty much everyone around us is strengthening though. We'd be daft not to keep up, considering our title rivals fell hopelessly short last season, though not through lack of quality, but more so having poor coaches who really bottled the motivational side of things, in my opinion. Mancini did a lousy job to get that team hungry to win it again, something Fergie was always brilliant at.

Are they strengthening though?

I mean, who's our rivals signed thus far? City's signed Fernandinho who I can't imagine will be a huge upgrade on their current options (Touré or Silva?) plus Navas, who I'm far from convinced will be a success. Chelsea's signed a couple of squad players in Schürrle, van Ginkel and Schwarzer, neither one of whom is destined to go straigth into the first XI.

Arsenal have signed no-one. Spurs are Spurs, and also probably will manage to lose Bale before the end of the summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.