Thiago Alcantara | Signed for Bayern Munich

Status
Not open for further replies.
Leaked by his camp. Probably a compromise between THiago and the club to expire the clause on the 31st.

I hope we pay 20-25 millions just to piss people off.

We WILL pay that much if it goes through. 18M+VAT is 21.78M. If there's any gesture to be had, give Barca the taxman's money and agree a 21.78M fee. That would look like deliberately avoiding the taxman so I'd expect the figure to be 22M or 23M. I reckon Barca need a lump sum more than we need financing, but they may be saying "why not 25M, 20M now and 5M next year?".

The agent will probably want his cut as well. Something along the lines of "I put the clause there in the first place and told you about it, otherwise this chap would be upwards of 30M. I should get 5M for that. Nope? OK, I'll have a chat with Pep then".

And so on. It is NOT Football Manager.

I think I have to take issue with the idea the release clause was written for Spanish clubs.

Why would Barcelona agree to a release clause that would realistically mean he could only go to their nearest rivals? Surely if the clause was to be activated due to lack of game time they'd much prefer him to sign for a foreign club than Madrid?

Start from the premise that clubs don't want release clauses to be activated and you have your answer. The rationale from Barca's point of view is Real are as likely to offer little gametime, the guy would be detested by everyone, etc. Other clubs wouldn't be as attractive as the top ones, but once you open up to the rest of Europe it is more likely a suitable club emerges and the release clause can be activated.

Don't think that is a barrier though. It would be reidiculous if people spent months discussing a non-starter. Every single reporter would deserve to be shot and banned from twitter in case they survive.

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/football...antara-s-move-to-Manchester-United-hits-snag/

Clutching at the biggest of straws.

"Barca agreed a shock cut-price deal to sell David Villa for £4.4m to Atletico Madrid yesterday.
Villa was entering the final year of his contract and was set for a £3m pay-rise, which would see him bank £9.4m in the final 12 months.
Football writer Rafael Hernandez believes Barca president Sandro Rosell may have sold Villa on the cheap to get him off the wage-bill.
The Catalan giants could then match the wages being offered by United to the 22-year-old playmaker."

I put it into Google translate (it automatically found the language as 'Bullshit') and translated it into English:

"Barca agreed a shock cut-price deal to sell David Villa for £4.4m to Atletico Madrid yesterday.
Villa was entering the final year of his contract and was set for a £3m pay-rise, which would see him bank £9.4m in the final 12 months.
Due to a lack of any other recent reports on this deal, football writer Rafael Hernandez has made up a story that Barca president Sandro Rosell may have sold Villa on the cheap to get him off the wage-bill, even though the two events are quite clearly not connected. The Catalan giants could then match the wages being offered by United to the 22-year-old playmaker, despite the fact that his wanting to move is to do with playing time, and nothing to do with money." :rolleyes:

I've said it before and i'll say it again: The Daily Star - the only paper you can wipe your arse on and more shit comes off the paper.

OK, i've been pretty much in the wilderness for a few days and trying to check this thread any time I get a chance to pinch some wifi but have there been any developments of note since last Thursday?

I think he has every intention of staying at Barca - he wants to stay and all it's going to take is for them to say they'll play him a bit more and his advisors etc are using the clause/out interest into forcing Barca to do so.

I'd love to be wrong but I just can't see him coming here.

If we do sign him as a collective we will be ungrateful bastards and start ******* over other possible transfers once it's done creating another ridicolous thread based on f5ing twitter.

Poor muppetry in this thread. While you lot are faffing about reading the Daily Star, I am actually in Barcelona until Wednesday. My taxi driver earlier assured me Thiago to United was definitely going to happen.

Poor muppetry in this thread. While you lot are faffing about reading the Daily Star, I am actually in Barcelona until Wednesday. My taxi driver earlier assured me Thiago to United was definitely going to happen.

You'd better be going to root around in Mazinho's closed down restaurant for clues. Look for any umbrellas or any pictures of De Gea with hearts drawn around them.

I wonder if we sign him will it be a good thing or bad thing for transfer muppets and these annual threads?

You might think another rejection may help settle us and prevent us from wanting to go through it all again. However, i think it would be best if we get him. At least then these threads will have a bit of positivity about them, and may center on how we are to use the new player rather than on and off again etc etc...its just getting too much!

I wonder if we sign him will it be a good thing or bad thing for transfer muppets and these annual threads?

You might think another rejection may help settle us and prevent us from wanting to go through it all again. However, i think it would be best if we get him. At least then these threads will have a bit of positivity about them, and may center on how we are to use the new player rather than on and off again etc etc...its just getting too much!

We'll keep the cocks out and flying high, 'cos muppetry will never die!

When I visited the Camp Nou a few years back, the Barca megastore had some other Nike club shirts like Arsenal and ourselves for sale in one corner - so you could go by there, get a United shirt and ask them to print Thiago on the back. Gauge their reactions. We'll wait here for you to report back :)

We'll keep the cocks out and flying high, 'cos muppetry will never die!

:lol:

When do we travel to Australia? Doesn't de gea report back then? Surely these two lads who are great friends will travel together if Thiago does sign?

Transfer news: Man Utd target Thiago to begin pre-season with Barcelona

Last Updated: July 9, 2013 4:47pm

Thiago-Alcantara_2754763.jpg

Thiago Alcantara: Set to begin pre-season training with Barcelona
Sky Bet are offering all new customers a £10 Free Bet

Thiago Alcantara is to begin pre-season with Barcelona despite reports of interest from Manchester United.
The Spain international has been heavily linked with a move to Old Trafford in light of the fact that the player currently has a release clause of €18million.

While Barca have been quiet about the future of the 22-year-old midfielder, spokesman Toni Freixa has confirmed that he will be among the squad when they resume training for the new season.

"We have the players we have and Thiago is one of them," Freixa told Radio Catalunya.
"Pre-season with us begins as scheduled."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

He's due back on the 15th July if memory serves & alot can happen in that time... Sure even Veron went on tour to the States with us & returned home to sign for Chelsea!

Nothing story in my opinion, just thought i'd let the muppets see it though!

http://www1.skysports.com/football/...get-Thiago-to-begin-pre-season-with-Barcelona

I have to say, if he goes back to Barca for pre-season, I can't see him moving. I can't see how he'd be able to stomach going back to training with the rest of the squad without having committed himself to the club. So if he has any inclination to move, he'll have at the very least confirmed his intention to do so before that date. And if he doesn't really want to move, then he'll have confirmed by then that he's staying.

Rooney is training with us now, doesn't make him any less or more likely to move on though and the same goes for Thiago.

Rooney is training with us now, doesn't make him any less or more likely to move on though and the same goes for Thiago.

Doesn't it? Why not? I've never thought Rooney was at all likely to leave despite all the overblown hysteria on here, and his training with us only makes me more sure of it.

Doesn't it? Why not? I've never thought Rooney was at all likely to leave despite all the overblown hysteria on here, and his training with us only makes me more sure of it.

Without checking I'd hazard a guess that pretty much all players whose transfers don't go through before their current team go back to training go back with them. Whilst they are under contract to that club they have to show up.

Van Persie played in friendlies for Arsenal last year, didn't really change the fact that he wanted out.

I don't see how pre-season football, regardless of what country it is, would affect whether a transfer would happen or not.

RVP was on tour with Arsenal before we signed him, was he not?

I don't see how pre-season football, regardless of what country it is, would affect whether a transfer would happen or not.

RVP was on tour with Arsenal before we signed him, was he not?

I think he was on international duty at the time but he must have had the pre-season. It's in a players interest to have as rigorous a pre-season as possible. If you sat on your arse at home anticipating a move by the time it happened you might be four or five weeks away from being in suitable fitness.

Yes, he's contracted to Barcelona who are paying his wages but he would not be training because of speculation over a possible transfer. "News" that means nothing.

Van Persie played in friendlies for Arsenal last year, didn't really change the fact that he wanted out.

Firstly, I'm not saying attending or not attending pre-season proves anything, just that it is suggestive.

Secondly, RVP had by all accounts by that point told Wenger that he wanted to go. He'd done his bit of the process, and continuing to do his job for his employer was simply good professionalism. It was then a matter of Arsenal deciding whether or not any of the offers were good enough for them to sell.

Thiago, on the other hand, has obviously yet to tell Barca that he wants to leave. He is still 'in charge' of what happens with this transfer, and it would seem awkward to go back and start training with his team-mates without making this decision one way or another. Once he's done that (and I'm confident that we'll hear about it when he does via MD), I'd hope that he continues pre-season until Barca agree a fee (or sort out the details of the release fee) with a buying club, just like RVP did. But to go back without making then decision would be very strange. Everyone's cards except his are basically on the table, after all. He just needs to choose.

Yes, he's contracted to Barcelona who are paying his wages but he would not be training because of speculation over a possible transfer. "News" that means nothing.

I'm not saying he wouldn't turn up for training. I'm saying he wouldn't turn up for training without having made his decision, one way or another. Everyone, players and management, would constantly be asking him 'so are you staying or what?' He knows what is on offer from the various parties, so why would he go back to training without making his choice?

I'm not saying he wouldn't turn up for training. I'm saying he wouldn't turn up for training without having made his decision, one way or another. Everyone, players and management, would constantly be asking him 'so are you staying or what?' He knows what is on offer from the various parties, so why would he go back to training without making his choice?

Maybe he has, and if it is to join us that still means both clubs have to agree to everything and finalise the transfer. It takes time, and there are many things that could hold the deal up. RVP went to Germany with Arsenal last year, and that was after making it clear he wanted to go. It means nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.