Thiago Alcantara | Signed for Bayern Munich

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe Robbo's comments were meant as a commendable show of faith in our established players, and nothing else besides.

That does make a lot of sense, and to add to it, he's got to act professional. He can't just come out and say we need more midfielders.
It's not the club's style for ambassadors etc to say that. Keep it positive, even if it isn't.

Maybe you should shut your face.

EDIT: Aw man, i got infracted for that :(

Doh! :( Please rescind Lord Cina's infraction. Justice for Cina! etc.

Regarding Del Moustache's quotes:

Think people are getting carried away with these Del Bosque quotes. He was speaking to Radio Marca and was asked about Thiago.

He said that the player needs minutes but that he thinks Barcelona hold him in high esteem. He [Del Bosque] sat on the fence.

Words seem to have been added here and there and nobody is crediting the original source, causing confusion.

- Sport Witness.

Unbelievable comments from Robson that. The cynic among us might suggest that the club asked him to say that to try to "appease" the fans when they realize that we ain't gettin' a new midfielder..

Bryan Robson is not a transfer muppet having wet dreams about the latest dream signing. He's just seen United win the league handily, and gasp, therefore does not see the existing United squad as the pub team they apparently actually are.

Bryan Robson is not a transfer muppet having wet dreams about the latest dream signing. He's just seen United win the league handily, and gasp, therefore does not see the existing United squad as the pub team they apparently actually are.

I'm not suggesting we are shite :rolleyes: But I think it is very obvious that we are one injury away from being in trouble at CM. Even Phelan suggested that we need to strengthen the midfield.

I remain confident that this will happen, I really do. When do we actually fly for the tour to begin? I know it's not the be all and end all whether he's on the original flight/meets up over there later but with the tour looming, I expect this to move quite quickly.

I remain confident that this will happen, I really do. When do we actually fly for the tour to begin? I know it's not the be all and end all whether he's on the original flight/meets up over there later but with the tour looming, I expect this to move quite quickly.

Tomorrow.

I'm not suggesting we are shite :rolleyes: But I think it is very obvious that we are one injury away from being in trouble at CM. Even Phelan suggested that we need to strengthen the midfield.

But why are all the eggs in the Thiago basket? Why is it impossible to imagine that if Thiago stays at Barca then no other players will be bought by United?

But why are all the eggs in the Thiago basket? Why is it impossible to imagine that if Thiago stays at Barca then no other players will be bought by United?

You genuinely think that a brand new manager will come in and still be as stubborn regarding the midfield issues? Not to mention the fact Moyes was open about trying to sign 'the best players.' Sometimes I wonder whether people just tell themselves these things in an effort not to be disappointed.

Oh, my comments about Robson's comments were about United signing a midfielder in general, not exclusively Thiago. Although I struggle to see other alternatives of same quality at such a low cost.

We'll buy other players, but i can't really see another player of his quality, playing in the same position, that is out there for us to go for :confused:

According to Flight Trackers, there's a flight that arrived in from Barcelona at 2.55. Monarch Airlines (ZB) 517. Left Barcelona at 12.45.
Some wind of that it'll be announced at 7. What are the odds he flew in today, and is currently in having his medical, with the announcement to be made later today that he's signed?

You genuinely think that a brand new manager will come in and still be as stubborn regarding the midfield issues? Not to mention the fact Moyes was open about trying to sign 'the best players.' Sometimes I wonder whether people just tell themselves these things in an effort not to be disappointed.

You seem to have read my comment completely opposite???

According to Flight Trackers, there's a flight that arrived in from Barcelona at 2.55. Monarch Airlines (ZB) 517. Left Barcelona at 12.45.
Some wind of that it'll be announced at 7. What are the odds he flew in today, and is currently in having his medical, with the announcement to be made later today that he's signed?

:lol:

Then let's get him under a bed sheet and into the hospital for a medical ASAP!

DdG joins us when we get to Oz, he'll sit next to Thiago on the plane and regale him with tales of doughnuts, potato pies and wet nights in Stoke.

Oh, I don't blame you!

Some of the manchester lads, who are bored and free/not working should start an investigation group.
Some at bridgewater hospital, pretending to be looking for a patient, and some at the airport.

DdG joins us when we get to Oz, he'll sit next to Thiago on the plane and regale him with tales of doughnuts, potato pies and wet nights in Stoke.
And about how he's gonna have to deal with no Crimbo break and getting booted by Fellaini and Glenn Whelan.

I hope he's not flying with Aeroflot.

According to transport direct.info, the number 105 bus leaves Manchester Airport at 20 and 50 past every hour and goes directly past the Bridgewater Hospital. It's possible that Thiago could take a different bus and make a change at some point along the route, but I imagine the club will spare no expense to get him here on a direct bus.

As muppetastic as this possibly sounds, we can use Carrington or the Aeroflot aerodrome or whatever it's now called for medicals can't we?

As muppetastic as this possibly sounds, we can use Carrington or the Aeroflot aerodrome or whatever it's now called for medicals can't we?

I think someone said that we won't use Carrington for medicals until next summer or so? I might be mistaken though.

According to transport direct.info, the number 105 bus leaves Manchester Airport at 20 and 50 past every hour and goes directly past the Bridgewater Hospital. It's possible that Thiago could take a different bus and make a change at some point along the route, but I imagine the club will spare no expense to get him here on a direct bus.

He's getting a lift in a chevy, while smiling for the camera, to be shown as marketing when he's signed.

I think someone said that we won't use Carrington for medicals until next summer or so? I might be mistaken though.
As far as others have said, it won't be open and fully functional for a while yet. Some say September, some say November, some say next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.