Thiago Alcantara | Signed for Bayern Munich

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well no, for them, the thread is locked or as good as. Everyone else continues on without the whining.

I'll give you a minute to think it through...

The bannee doesn't really want the thread to be locked, they are just as much on tenterhooks as everyone else. It's just the frustration of endless useless sources offering conflicting information & nothing official coming from anyone.

Pique was an unproven talent with a year remaining on his contract. I'm not sure how much you expected to get for him
I would have liked about 2-3 mil more due to his age and potential (very wishful thinking yes I know). it's not a lot more but they did get a great deal considering how much they would get out of him long term. We all knew he would become a very good CB. The PL was just slightly less suited to his game.

I was reading through old issues of the Blizzard magazine and found a piece in it by Graham Hunter where he says that Thiago used to be his "sixth floor neighbour in their Pedralbes apartment block." Research.

Hunter, Graham. "The Inverted Sheepdog." Blizzard 1 Mar. 2012: 12-25. Print.

How long do you think it would take for it to get back to this thread?
Not quite sure because i've just been 'promoted', but pretty sure there's a guy on the Newbie section who would rescind his 'Thiago is an attention seeking cnut.' comment from earlier on today and go back to his 'IT'S ON. THIS KID IS A NEW FAN FAVOURITE. THIAGOOOOO!' comment from yesterday.

The bannee doesn't really want the thread to be locked, they are just as much on tenterhooks as everyone else. It's just the frustration of endless useless sources offering conflicting information & nothing official coming from anyone.

If they only want official information, they should stick to the United website, the BBC Sport website, or indeed just wait for the new thread which would be opened if Thiago were to sign for us. So again, a banning would be doing them a favour. If they're actually just venting, then they need to grow up and stop filling the thread with their constant repetitive whining.

Not quite sure because i've just been 'promoted', but pretty sure there's a guy on the Newbie section who would rescind his 'Thiago is an attention seeking cnut.' comment from earlier on today and go back to his 'IT'S ON. THIS KID IS A NEW FAN FAVOURITE. THIAGOOOOO!' comment from yesterday.

How on earth did you find the time to post 520 times in a week?

74 post a day. I sleep approx 5 of the 24 hours in any given day, so that leaves 19 waking hours. If all you do in that time is post on this forum (no food or toilet breaks, or even any actual living) that's 1 post every 15 minutes. I miss footy a lot in the summer but that's just mental.

74 post a day. I sleep approx 5 of the 24 hours in any given day, so that leaves 19 waking hours. If all you do in that time is post on this forum (no food or toilet breaks, or even any actual living) that's 1 post every 15 minutes. I miss footy a lot in the summer but that's just mental.
I am technically a house husband until i go to uni in September mate...only so many pots i can wash and once the washing's been done i come online to argue with people to make myself feel better about my real-life emasculation :(

Christ. This thread now has more replies than the twitter transfer thread. We should now all be praying this long saga of teasing comes to a happy ending.

:lol:

I'm not sure if it'll get better or worse if Thiago signs for us or not.
I only signed up here because people on Facebook were telling me that it was for updates about important things like what you've had for tea, or who deserves to win some televised vote on some programme, and not for ranting about football. I do a lot of ranting.

Not sure on the whole Thiago thing tbh, a lot of people go mental and start pulling their wires as soon as some nobody tweets that he's got a red car or that like Scholes, he also has a head, so is definitely signing.

I think we'll find out in due course whether anything's concrete. What i can say for sure though is that we will definitely find out before August 31st, and that's good enough for me. It's positive that there's no denial coming from him or us about the possibility of signing, and a lot of Catalan news sources have reported that he's off, so it's not all doom and gloom.

Would love to see him at OT though, exciting prospect!

I will be a bit upset if the team leave for Thailand and he's not on the plane. This is going on unreasonably long. Since it's seemingly our only transfer saga, aside from Baines who no one cares about, it's even more irritating. :(

We've been left broken-hearted too many times. It's still on though.

I only signed up here because people on Facebook were telling me that it was for updates about important things like what you've had for tea, or who deserves to win some televised vote on some programme, and not for ranting about football. I do a lot of ranting.

Not sure on the whole Thiago thing tbh, a lot of people go mental and start pulling their wires as soon as some nobody tweets that he's got a red car or that like Scholes, he also has a head, so is definitely signing.

I think we'll find out in due course whether anything's concrete. What i can say for sure though is that we will definitely find out before August 31st, and that's good enough for me. It's positive that there's no denial coming from him or us about the possibility of signing, and a lot of Catalan news sources have reported that he's off, so it's not all doom and gloom.

Would love to see him at OT though, exciting prospect!

If we don't sign him until August 1st it means he's not interested. (And I maintain that this is the case, he has used United's interest to show Barca that he might leave them if they keep messing around with not playing him in any of the important games)

Well, Moyes did say he'd *try* and get one signing through before the tour kicks off didn't he? (or by some landmark time he named). I wonder who that could be... :drool:

THE BAVARIAN CLUB IS ATTENTIVE TO THE OUTCOME WITH UNITED TO TAKE A STEP FORWARD IN THE MIDDLE
THE BAYERN DOES NOT GIVE UP THIAGO
The Bavarian club is aware footballer negotiations with Manchester United and is positioning itself as another option for the player

Thiago, with fellow club | Photo: AFP

D.Peyret

| 09.07.2013 | 04:05 h.
Bayern is attentive to the situation of Thiago Alcantara, waiting to see the outcome with Manchester United, the club that is closer to close the signing. The preference of the player is still out of the club, as their priority is to have greater prominence than it would augur next season at Barcelona.

In this sense, your first choice is to join the project Moyes at United. In the English club and have made it known that you are booking a role in the team and the player is excited about the opportunity to continue to grow into one of the most stable teams in recent decades, in the first line always competitive.

In the event that the English club to back down in the payment of its rescission clause (18 million plus VAT), Thiago would favor the pass to Bayern Munich, a team which would coincide with Guardiola.The technician did not favor his players gain exequipo, but in this case it is the player who has decided to step forward and open the exit door of Barcelona.

This meant Pep, during his presentation in Munich, the possible outputs Barça players. "People have to know that Barca are not going for money or desire. There are two possibilities: you throw or you feel like playing and Barcelona do not "he said.

The technician also recalled that "in this situation, these players are open to the world. No club has enough money or coach to remove a Barca player. Although I call them, they will not come here. "

For now, the German does not give up and rushes their options to sign a player that conforms to the new draft Guardiola. The coach has been one of the most influential in the career of hispanobrasileño, which was gaining presence in the first team Guardiola hand. With it, you won? Fajándose defensive presence in positions of great difficulty in the 3-4-3 system what was polishing a increasingly mature football.

Now, at Bayern, Guardiola works to bring new nuances to a team that this course will be starring with the ball. In the first few weeks with the Bavarians, the ball has been the center of everything."Pressure and dribbling" have been two of the most repeated concepts to those skilled in some intense sessions, full of new concepts for a template methodology used to Heynckes.

Pep has even hired a nutritionist to improve the nutrition of the template. The technical and detail-conscious force is Bayern as Messi and Cristiano individuals and other in strength of the group. The coach is convinced that Thiago would provide a bonus to the German set associative play.

The hispanobrasileño, meanwhile, is tired of waiting after a season in which he hoped to have more minutes, especially in important meetings, where Tito usually bet by players with a longer path on the computer.

His last conversation with Tito after finishing the season also served to convince the player. The technician urged patience in the same way that once Xavi and Iniesta, but Thiago believes that the time is now and wants to enjoy football in a team having continuity with aspirations in the Champions League in a year with the award of World Cup in Brazil.

From Sport.

A gentle reminder to us to hurry up because Bayern are lurking?

The real deadline is August 1st. After that point the buyout becomes meaningless and the power returns to Barca. In my eyes, we are trying to arrange a deal with Barca that does not include activating the release clause, which may make future deals harder to do with Barca. Unless the Spanish become impossible to deal with I say we pay a fair value for the player - make Barca and the player happy, without pissing anyone off. That is the United way.

Remember Moyes didn't think we'd have the signing wrapped up before Friday, so no me to panic if it doesn't. I would be surprised if we don't hear anything by then.

The real deadline is August 1st. After that point the buyout becomes meaningless and the power returns to Barca. In my eyes, we are trying to arrange a deal with Barca that does not include activating the release clause, which may make future deals harder to do with Barca. Unless the Spanish become impossible to deal with I say we pay a fair value for the player - make Barca and the player happy, without pissing anyone off. That is the United way.

We'd be absolute fecking morons to pay anything over the release clause just to not piss Barca off. We don't sign players from them anyway. I'll literally kill myself if we end up paying €30m for a player with €18m release clause just to be polite.

We'd be absolute fecking morons to pay anything over the release clause just to not piss Barca off. We don't sign players from them anyway. I'll literally kill myself if we end up paying €30m for a player with €18m release clause just to be polite.
No one is talking about paying 30-million bud.

jamie redknapp is that you?

Jesus, muppet suicides if he does not sign are to be expected, but suicide if he costs too much?

Do we even know his release clause expires 31st July?

It would be fairly random if nothing else in his contract changed or expired on a certain date except that. So he wanted a clause put in just in case he wasn't played enough so he could leave as he's desperate for more first team action - but he decided he probably wouldn't be that bothered come the 1st of August or for the rest of his contract duration? Not sure that seems realistic

It would the first time in history that someone paid more than the release clause.

It will also be extremely stupid.

It is rare but can happen. Benfica bought Lima from Braga by more than his release clause's worth (adding a player valued at 1m in top of the 4.5m clause.

A release clause can only be activated with full immediate payment. A club may wish (or need) to pay in installments, in which case he'll have to deal with the selling club, and that may imply paying more than the clause.

I do agree that paying more "to be polite" is stupid, as you're unlikely to ever have that favour returned. This is part of the business, if Barcelona ever feels the need to negotiate with United in the future they won't refrain from doing so due to being offended.

If United ends up paying more it's either because of VAT thing or to expedite the process in a friendly manner. It seems from the previous pages that it's not even certain that 18m will be enough, and it's the sort of deal that can bring a load of red tape to delay it.

What happens this Friday?

Well Barca go back to Pre-Season on Monday, pretty sure his father said it will be decided in the next few days before they go back. Doubt anything will happen over the weekend.

Do we even know his release clause expires 31st July?

It would be fairly random if nothing else in his contract changed or expired on a certain date except that. So he wanted a clause put in just in case he wasn't played enough so he could leave as he's desperate for more first team action - but he decided he probably wouldn't be that bothered come the 1st of August or for the rest of his contract duration? Not sure that seems realistic

A contract isn't just the demands of a player, or what's more convenient for them. It's an agreement between two parties and will include things to safeguard the player and things to safeguard the club, how many for each depending on how smart/persuasive the player/agents can be defending their interests.

It makes sense that that specific clause expires at 31st of July. It gives Thiago time to leave if he wants to and there's someone interested, and it allows Barcelona to sort out their squad in time for the season, instead of having to wait for September to be sure what players they can count on or not. Had Thiago decided it all it probably would be until September, had Barcelona decided it all the clause wouldn't even be there. It was a compromise.

Status
Not open for further replies.