Thiago Alcantara | Signed for Bayern Munich

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pep certainly has major pull with him. The problem is if the rationale is wanting guaranteed first team footie and being the main man that is hardly on offer at the Champions of Europe, who just beat Barca 7-0 over two legs. They have Martinez/Gustavo and Schweinsteiger + Muller, Kroos and now Gotze to accomodate.

Let's face it, this is a guy who can't get enough starts for Barca, why would he get them at Bayern?
Yeah, there's logic to that. But the really top players are never short of the ego. He might think he can overcome Gotze etc. with Pep looking out for him.

Thiago: trying to work out what is best for his World Cup chances, staying at Barca and taking Xavi's spot or moving abroad. Possible contract improvement as well. Zillions of clubs probably offering a load of cash as well, although, fortunately, the criteria is most likely whether he will be the main man. Apparently wants a similar %starts clause in whatever contract he signs, not the sort of shit we are ever keen on.

Barca: trying to work out whether to replace Xavi with Cesc or Thiago, very likely dependent on how much longer Xavi will keep going for. Confeds didn't help our case. The upside here is we wouldn't mind either and after what they spent on Neymar they need mullah and most likely want to off one of them two. I reckon it will be a Thiago double whammy, they get Silva and sell us Alcántara to help fund it.

United: feck knows, we are the hardest to work out. It may all be down to whether Martínez is happy to let go of the human mic.

It's been reported that Barca don't like Thiago's tendency to be adventurous, and Sergi Roberto is an another option to replace Xavi-- and Thiago in the short term.

I'm seeing developing signs of Thiago's Trauma are becoming wide-spread. I may have to refer back to the textbook soon to see what can be done about it.

Thiago: trying to work out what is best for his World Cup chances, staying at Barca and taking Xavi's spot or moving abroad. Possible contract improvement as well. Zillions of clubs probably offering a load of cash as well, although, fortunately, the criteria is most likely whether he will be the main man. Apparently wants a similar %starts clause in whatever contract he signs, not the sort of shit we are ever keen on.

Barca: trying to work out whether to replace Xavi with Cesc or Thiago, very likely dependent on how much longer Xavi will keep going for. Confeds didn't help our case. The upside here is we wouldn't mind either and after what they spent on Neymar they need mullah and most likely want to off one of them two. I reckon it will be a Thiago double whammy, they get Silva and sell us Alcántara to help fund it.

United: feck knows, we are the hardest to work out. It may all be down to whether Martínez is happy to let go of the human mic.
Spot on but you forgot about the message on the ball!

Makes it sound very simple, so what's the hold up?

If the whole deal is at the stage that it's reported in the media, the hold up is salery (agents involved), the player making a decision, clauses and the respect United will pay Barca in a delicate situation as this. The clause is legally required and dropped a great deal, so United will not go all out in respect of their relationship with Barca (especially after they got angry with us after Pique).

If the whole deal is at the stage that it's reported in the media, the hold up is salery (agents involved), the player making a decision, clauses and the respect United will pay Barca in a delicate situation as this. The clause is legally required and dropped a great deal, so United will not go all out in respect of their relationship with Barca (especially after they got angry with us after Pique).

FFS. they got him back for cheap and without much hassle.

Exactly! We could have tried stinging the feck out of them instead we sold him back for what was it? 5-6 million? Bloody bargain if you ask me he's an accomplished player and at that price it was seriously good value for money. We didn't moan, grumble or whine nor throw the toys out of the pram.

They can feck off with themselves, dare I say the arseholes.

I'm sure the mods/admin will update the title - would probably even create a new Thiago thread when the club announce anything . So those moaning, it don't wash. Hopefully the fecker signs pronto so we can move onto our next victim/target :)

What is the point of calling for the thread to be closed when they can choose not to check it and uphold their own ideals of waiting for an official announcement which they can view by the change of the topic title/moving of the thread to the United forum/monitor newsnow?

They're moaning because they are impatient, the most insecure about this whole ordeal and do not deal well when the inevitable disappointment strikes when they view this thread for the millionth time without reading anything new. They can't handle the pressure, the bottlers :)

The Muppets seem to be far more relaxed.

Or as Damien said those asking for the thread to be locked can just alternatively ask him to ban them from this thread. Wn-win?

Exactly! We could have tried stinging the feck out of them instead we sold him back for what was it? 5-6 million? Bloody bargain if you ask me he's an accomplished player and at that price it was seriously good value for money. We didn't moan, grumble or whine nor throw the toys out of the pram.

Pique was an unproven talent with a year remaining on his contract. I'm not sure how much you expected to get for him...

I would agree though that if Thiago has a clause, we shouldn't be paying anything more. We shouldn't be nice to everyone, because no one is ever 'nice back' to us.

Us muppets know the fun is in the chase. Announcement is an anti-climax.

Or as Damien said those asking for the thread to be locked can just alternatively ask him to ban them from this thread. Wn-win?
Good idea. Only a few of them, if any, will take you up on this offer I reckon.

FFS. they got him back for cheap and without much hassle.

They did, but the matter we got him was not considered nice by Barca. There is a code of honor amongst the top clubs in Europe, and we will always act in a correct way, even though we could barge in and conclude the business.

At every Level, we will cross ways often in the future, and it's not in anyones favour that we act to deteriorate our relationship.

They did, but the matter we got him was not considered nice by Barca. There is a code of honor amongst the top clubs in Europe, and we will always act in a correct way, even though we could barge in and conclude the business.

At every Level, we will cross ways often in the future, and it's not in anyones favour that we act to deteriorate our relationship.

They kicked his grandfather out of the club' board. He left shortly after. And remember, this was pre-Ronaldinho Bara.

Summary of this evening? Gaurdian says were likely to sign him but everyone seems to be shooting themselves he's staying?

any news today?

Michael Parkinson reveals he has prostate cancer
Veteran chatshow host, 78, who is undergoing radiotherapy, is upbeat about prognosis

Prescott move welcomed by Hacked Off
Former deputy prime minister says privy council is being used in 'political way' and hindering reform of press regulation

Murray's Wimbledon 2013 win – front pages
Gallery (9 pictures) How the world's newspapers covered the Scotsman's historic victory over Novak Djokovic

'The BBC must be bold and take risks'
Tara Conlan: GEITF chair Karl Warner's fears for the future of Strictly, luring Kevin Spacey to put on a show – and the uniting power of entertainment

Patten will suffer for trust's absence on payoffs
Steve Hewlett: The corporation's sovereign body has been criticised for its powerlessness â€" but there are historical reasons for its flaws

Kids' apps and games need to educate
Children's Media Conference hears of challenges facing broadcasters and tech startups as tablet and mobile use grows

Scotland Yard seeks Murdoch secret tape
In tape, Murdoch is heard admitting to Sun journalists that payments to public officials were part of 'culture of Fleet Street

BBC's Jeremy Bowen wounded in Egypt
Middle East editor says he was hit by shotgun pellets while covering violence in Cairo

Top comment on MediaGuardian

Diary: Revealed – the terror that plagues the BBC's John Simpson
Hugh Muir: Other correspondents toil for years, but he gets the glory. Think of them

Today's headlines
The Guardian

BBC's John Inverdale apologises for describing Wimbledon champion Marion Bartoli as 'not a looker'. P3
Michael Parkinson treated for prostate cancer. P8
Count Arthur Strong switches from Radio 4 to BBC2. P9
Comment: John Inverdale's Bartoli comment. P20
The readers' editor on negative portrayals of teenagers in the media. P23
MediaGuardian: Kids need to be kept app-y – and educated. P26
MediaGuardian: Steve Hewlett – Patten set to suffer for trust's absence over payoffs. P26
MediaMonkey's diary. P26
MediaGuardian interview: Karl Warner, BBC commissioning editor and chair of the Guardian Edinburgh International Television Festival. P28
The alarming rise of the "austerity blog". G2, P2
Pass notes: Katie Hopkins, formerly of the Apprentice. G2, P3
Interview: Olivia Colman, G2, P6

Daily Telegraph

BBC gave millions of pounds in pay-offs to two executives. P10
Michael Parkinson has prostate cancer. P11
Obituary: desktop mouse inventor Doug Engelbart. P25
Should TV cameras be allowed in British courts? P26
Carlos Slim puts £27m into Shazam. B1
ITV considers £90m bid for Helsinki based Nice Entertainment Group. B3

Financial Times

Leader: Talking to China on the cyber threat. P12
Interview: Simon Segars, chief executive, Arm Holdings. P16
Carlos Slim takes stake in music app Shazam. P19
Why so much is riding on Apple's revamp of iOS. P22
Vivendi seeks route to tap Activision cash. P22
Designers climb higher up Silicon Valley pecking order. P22

The Times

TV overshadows the sunshine as nation watches Andy Murray. P8
Carlos Slim buys into Shazam. P38

The Independent

Wimbledon TV review. P5
Mickey Mouse gets a makeover. P22
Matthew Norman on John Inverdale. P25
Carlos Slim buys into Shazam. P46

i

Profile: Sir Michael Parkinson. P3
BBC's challenge is to recognise value independent radio producers. P41
Danny Rogers on PR and advertising – Ed Miliband has to sort out this Labour mess. P41
Media diary. P41

Wall Street Journal Europe

Classic games score digitally. P18
Microsoft products need a boost. P32

Daily Mail

Jan Moir on the BBC's coverage of Andy Murray's Wimbledon win. P8
Peter McKay – forget MPs, BBC fat cats are real scandal. P17
Michael Parkinson has prostate cancer. P23
Grayson Perry chosen for Reith Lectures. P25
Will Andy Murray turn up to BBC's Sports Personality of the Year? P75

Daily Express

BBC sorry for 'clumsy' Marion Bartoli insult. P5