Thiago Alcantara | Signed for Bayern Munich

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't understand the motivation of those who wish the thread to be locked.

Can somebody explain it?

I don't quite get it either. It hasn't gone as bad as the Rooney thread did when there was discussion and nothing was happening/being reported. Here there's pretty much a new article at least every other day or some sort of development.

If people don't want to view the thread anymore, I can easily ban them from the thread if they wish.

something to do with seeing new posts and entering the thread only to realise nothing has happened ever?

Locking it won't solve that. As soon as there are any updates, people will either go to the twitter thread and turn that into a general Thiago thread, or they will make a new one and the same thing will happen in that one.

the thread ban for him seems harsh. he did not make up an elaborate lie. he did a good job of making it obvious that he was kidding. i don't want to get punished for suggesting this, but seems harsh to me. are we being a little too uptight?

something to do with seeing new posts and entering the thread only to realise nothing has happened ever?

Then they can watch skysports and they will surely get the official info when (if) it happens. Or create another thread with news only, no debate, no speculation, no twatter. It's absurd whining repeatedly about this thread and asking for it to be locked, when clearly there are a lot of people who are posting here.

Then they can watch skysports and they will surely get the official info when (if) it happens. Or create another thread with news only, no debate, no speculation, no transfers. It's absurd whining repeatedly about this thread and asking for it to be locked, when clearly there are a lot of people who are posting here.
I don't want it to be shut for the record I was just guessing that is the reason.

it's frustrating enough seeing half a day of "it's 100% on" tweets from random twats, and then half a day of "it's off" tweets from similar murky characters, without people making stuff up!

I don't want it to be shut for the record I was just guessing that is the reason.

Yeah, yeah, my response was in general. There are only a few people who are asking for this to be locked, when clearly are many more that post here. There are many other better solutions that don't affect anyone.

the thread ban for him seems harsh. he did not make up an elaborate lie. he did a good job of making it obvious that he was kidding. i don't want to get punished for suggesting this, but seems harsh to me. are we being a little too uptight?

Can I start my Alcantara signs thread then?

7187532896_9dd3944f51_z.jpg

this saga has been weird. no other transfer makes a difference to me, involving united or not. i just don't care, i just want to see this guy come to us and then i can worry about who jose is signing or who barca/real get. i am even unable to laugh at city's and liverpool's failures during this window. nothing else matters.
i really want rooney and nani to stay, like really. really want shinji, wazza and nani in that 3 behind rvp. but i just don't care about the updates regarding their future.
i really hope thiago joins us

Let's say we aren't interested in the guy and Thiago isn't interested in coming to Manchester. Don't you think some of us would have ended all speculation with just one "not interested" comment. I say it's quite clear something going on behind the scenes.

I don't get the speculation around the buyout clause in Spain. It is a legal requirement in Spain and the clause is straight forward. You pay a certain sum (pluss vat) and you are free to negotiate with the player.

There is no other legal requirement attached to this. After that, there is just the negotiation between the player and the purchasing club that stands in the way for the player to sign.

I don't get the speculation around the buyout clause in Spain. It is a legal requirement in Spain and the clause is straight forward. You pay a certain sum (pluss vat) and you are free to negotiate with the player.

There is no other legal requirement attached to this. After that, there is just the negotiation between the player and the purchasing club that stands in the way for the player to sign.

Makes it sound very simple, so what's the hold up?

Considering that this thread has been permanently active for around two months or so it'd take a special kind of absolute Ihni binni dimi diniwiny anitaime to still be falling for this.

Let's say we aren't interested in the guy and Thiago isn't interested in coming to Manchester. Don't you think some of us would have ended all speculation with just one "not interested" comment. I say it's quite clear something going on behind the scenes.

Thiago: trying to work out what is best for his World Cup chances, staying at Barca and taking Xavi's spot or moving abroad. Possible contract improvement as well. Zillions of clubs probably offering a load of cash as well, although, fortunately, the criteria is most likely whether he will be the main man. Apparently wants a similar %starts clause in whatever contract he signs, not the sort of shit we are ever keen on.

Barca: trying to work out whether to replace Xavi with Cesc or Thiago, very likely dependent on how much longer Xavi will keep going for. Confeds didn't help our case. The upside here is we wouldn't mind either and after what they spent on Neymar they need mullah and most likely want to off one of them two. I reckon it will be a Thiago double whammy, they get Silva and sell us Alcántara to help fund it.

United: feck knows, we are the hardest to work out. It may all be down to whether Martínez is happy to let go of the human mic.

Thiago: trying to work out what is best for his World Cup chances, staying at Barca and taking Xavi's spot or moving abroad. Possible contract improvement as well. Zillions of clubs probably offering a load of cash as well, although, fortunately, the criteria is most likely whether he will be the main man. Apparently wants a similar %starts clause in whatever contract he signs, not the sort of shit we are ever keen on.

Barca: trying to work out whether to replace Xavi with Cesc or Thiago, very likely dependent on how much longer Xavi will keep going for. Confeds didn't help our case. The upside here is we wouldn't mind either and after what they spent on Neymar they need mullah and most likely want to off one of them two. I reckon it will be a Thiago double whammy, they get Silva and sell us Alcántara to help fund it.

United: feck knows, we are the hardest to work out. It may all be down to whether Martínez is happy to let go of the human mic.
Bayern could be an actor in this one as well...

Bayern could be an actor in this one as well...

Pep certainly has major pull with him. The problem is if the rationale is wanting guaranteed first team footie and being the main man that is hardly on offer at the Champions of Europe, who just beat Barca 7-0 over two legs. They have Martinez/Gustavo and Schweinsteiger + Muller, Kroos and now Gotze to accomodate.

Let's face it, this is a guy who can't get enough starts for Barca, why would he get them at Bayern?

I'm sure the mods/admin will update the title - would probably even create a new Thiago thread when the club announce anything . So those moaning, it don't wash. Hopefully the fecker signs pronto so we can move onto our next victim/target :)

Status
Not open for further replies.