Thiago Alcantara | Signed for Bayern Munich

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay I have no idea how to put that image in spoilers. Just can't find the spoiler button since the site changed.

You can type them yourself [SPOILER.][/SPOILER.] without the full stops.

List of all BBCodes are on here: https://www.redcafe.net/help/bb-codes

There isn't a spoiler button at the moment, but like 100 said the format of it is the same as on the other caf but on here you can give spoilers names too. So:

[spoiler="SPOILS!"]I just spoiled your mind.[/spoiler]

Would become:

I just spoiled your mind.

You can use [PLAIN][/PLAIN] tags around any BBCode to make the BBCode show as plain text like it has done with the '[spoiler="SPOILS!"]I just spoiled your mind.[/spoiler]' bit.

List of all BBCodes are on here: https://www.redcafe.net/help/bb-codes

There isn't a spoiler button at the moment, but like 100 said the format of it is the same as on the other caf but on here you can give spoilers names too. So:

[spoiler="SPOILS!"]I just spoiled your mind.[/spoiler]

Would become:

I just spoiled your mind.

You can use [PLAIN][/PLAIN] tags around any BBCode to make the BBCode show as plain text like it has done with the '[spoiler="SPOILS!"]I just spoiled your mind.[/spoiler]' bit.

Stop it! You're just spoiling us now!! :o

So has he signed yet? The cnut.

Mundo Deportivo seem to think that Sergi Roberto will take over from Thiago when he leaves (to us!) and they won't look to buy a replacement as with the arrival of Neymar, Cesc will play more in midfield. They say that Sergi Roberto is less of a Xavi replacement than Thiago is but loosely compare him to Reus (I think that's what they mean anyway). They also drag up the old "I'd be lying if I said that my dream is to succeed at Barca: my dream is to succeed in football" quote saying now it has meaning. They seem resigned to the fact that he's going, and this is the paper the Caf's Spanish contingent consider Barça's mouthpiece.

http://www.mundodeportivo.com/20130...6.html&usg=ALkJrhjIWry_apjpOwTNHAd6P_yFo2fpGw

319 pages....page prediction this'll be wrapped up on?

Let's go neat....350.

If this trend keeps up I'm going to have to revise my estimate.

Next doors dog barked when I asked him if Thiago is joining United

It´s ThiagON!

Opinion piece in Mundo Deportivo

JM Artells 07/07/2013 1:52

Josep M. Artells

If Thiago Alcántara is convinced he can win the job Scholes at United, should do and not be in doubt. It should prove to himself that he is a player made about a team that can pivot without waiting for the alms of minutes that lets Xavi for his age. Thiago is asserted and for weeks that plays hide and seek with the club, he knows his moves and also prepares replacement. Self-esteem is very important and talented players Thiago nerve, but 2014 is World Cup year and aims to fight for a place in the Red will be guaranteed only if you play with continuity. Your self-confidence leads him to make a risky stunt.

Thiago will leave a void because it is one of the best creative players has given the Masia and is destined to be a star at the Camp Nou. But he feels that arrived on time and not to be secondary. Nothing can make the club, but hope that this case has not learned the lesson and get back own goals with the terms of the contracts of its promises.

The march of the largest Alcantara will be covered by Cesc, Song and Sergi Roberto, three versatile midfielders who can play both inside and in the center of Xavi, Iniesta and Busquets. Not considered a bid Afellay, battered by injuries in the Schalke 04 but with sign in the Premier League and the Bundesliga. The club is involved with the signing of a first-line center and trust Sergi Roberto, a technical player, resourceful, good inside game and a presence in the two areas that will help to give oxygen to the holders.

http://www.mundodeportivo.com/20130707/opinion/hay-plan-si-se-va-thiago_54377306966.html#comentarios

Barcelona can afford to lose Thiago and still have Song, Cesc, Busquets and Xavi to play. We lose Carrick and we...we're down to Giggs, Jones and Cleverley. I'm jealous of their midfield options really.

Barcelona can afford to lose Thiago and still have Song, Cesc, Busquets and Xavi to play. We lose Carrick and we...we're down to Giggs, Jones and Cleverley. I'm jealous of their midfield options really.

They'll have Xavi, Iniesta, Busquets, Song, Alcantara Jr, Sergi Roberto, Mascherano, and Fabregas. It's 8 players for three spots. It rivals our infatuation with defenders; we have Rio, Vidic, Jones, Smalling, and Evans for two spots.

Reckon we'll sign Fellaini before we get to 330 pages.

I might be wrong, but I genuinely don't think Moyes will look back at Everton. Not because he doesn't want to loot his old club, more the fact he's at a bigger club now and he's going to enjoy looking at a higher quality of player to sign. Who wouldn't?

I might be wrong, but I genuinely don't think Moyes will look back at Everton. Not because he doesn't want to loot his old club, more the fact he's at a bigger club now and he's going to enjoy looking at a higher quality of player to sign. Who wouldn't?

Perhaps he thinks his old club has one or two players of said higher quality?

Baines & Fellaini are quality players though & would definitely improve our squad thats for sure. Baines is a must if we can get him. Fantastic footballer & right up our street too!

Baines & Fellaini are quality players though & would definitely improve our squad thats for sure. Baines is a must if we can get him. Fantastic footballer & right up our street too!

Baines makes sense if Evra does leave but with Fellaini it's more a philosophical thing for me. He's not the type of player that adds quality to a squad like ours, he adds another option. An option we shouldn't look to fall back on, there are other Plan B's that suit this club's traditions far better.

They'll have Xavi, Iniesta, Busquets, Song, Alcantara Jr, Sergi Roberto, Mascherano, and Fabregas. It's 8 players for three spots. It rivals our infatuation with defenders; we have Rio, Vidic, Jones, Smalling, and Evans for two spots.

I wouldn't count Mascherano as a midfielder any more, he pretty much only plays centre-back these days.

Baines makes sense if Evra does leave but with Fellaini it's more a philosophical thing for me. He's not the type of player that adds quality to a squad like ours, he adds another option. An option we shouldn't look to fall back on, there are other Plan B's that suit this club's traditions far better.
With all due respect this clubs "traditions" are all about attacking football, yes. But behind those attacking flair players has always been a a player that will when the ball for those players by any means necessary - and that goes right from Nobby Styles to Roy Keane IMO.

With all due respect this clubs "traditions" are all about attacking football, yes. But behind those attacking flair players has always been a a player that will when the ball for those players by any means necessary - and that goes right from Nobby Styles to Roy Keane IMO.

Nobby Stiles and Roy Keane could both play with the ball on the ground. Fellaini suits one style of play and we don't have the players to provide that way anyway. It's a ridiculous idea.

If Fellaini had Roy Keane's passing ability or leadership or engine or reading of the game nobody would oppose the signing. But he doesn't. Yes, he's better than Anderson or Jones. That alone doesn't justify spending 20m on him.

I get what you're saying alright man, but he's a bittuva bruiser (that can play) & thats something we lack, especially in mid-field. Gutted that box-box Van Ginkel went to Chelsea, i suppose them having an "arrangement" with Vitesse meant they had first dibs. Still though, Chelsea just seem to be buying players to prevent them going to their rivals. They've about 20-odd good quality players on loan at the moment. They seem to be copying the Real blue-print in that regard!

Nobby Stiles and Roy Keane could both play with the ball on the ground. Fellaini suits one style of play and we don't have the players to provide that way anyway. It's a ridiculous idea.
Hey I'm not advocating the signing, just putting a different perspective across. I think there could be room for a player like him in the squad but would I want us to rush out and spend £20m on him? No, of course not.

I wouldn't count Mascherano as a midfielder any more, he pretty much only plays centre-back these days.

Do you actually rate him as CB though man? He wouldnt make our team in that position, in my opinion!

Thats the thing about Barca - they dont really have a world-class central defence (apart from Puyol when he's not injured), but the team defend with their lives & dominate possession, so that takes the pressure off the backline somewhat. Just shows you, that if United had more options in mid-field, we'd have coped alot better against them on those Champions League final duals..

If Fellaini had Roy Keane's passing ability or leadership or engine or reading of the game nobody would oppose the signing. But he doesn't. Yes, he's better than Anderson or Jones. That alone doesn't justify spending 20m on him.

Its not our money though (strictly speaking) & for the revenue we bring in - we should be competing in the market alot more than we are or have done recently. Thats not to say we go out & spend a ton on an average player just because thats the asking price, but against top teams with great mid-fields like City & Chelsea - we've been found wanting & that needs to be addressed this summer. A compromise is a ball-player with good defensive qualities, but likes to get forward too of course. Box-box players seem to be the hardest to acquire, thats wahy i'm rippin at Van Ginkel going to Chelsea... feckers!

Hopefully the Stroot will come though - his youtubes look awesome :smirk:

During the last Rooney crisis (don't worry, this post is relevant to this thread), wasn't Roo's publicly stated objection a lack of ambition by United? I think that's at least what he wanted us to believe. Bringing in Alcantara, after United brought in van Persie, should allay any fears Roo might have had concerning United's "ambition".

What I'm getting at is wondering whether bringing in Alcantara would have any bearing on Roo's thinking on his future at United. I think it would, as part of his frustration might well be a lack of quality in central midfield -- but in reality may be his need to be The Man. Of course, the flip side of bringing in all this quality is whether Roo himself fits comfortably into a squad that has incredible quality at striker (van Persie) and in central midfield (Alcantara). It seems obvious to me there there's plenty of room for Roo with those two in a starting XI, but I wonder is he has enough confidence in himself to believe it.

Rooney threw a fit because world class players werent being signed after Tevez and Ronaldo left, now they're at the club and Rooney can't get into the team and is throwing a fit again.

It was all about money anyway, that lack of ambition statement was to try and get fans onside during the unrest surrounding the glazers in 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.