Thiago Alcantara | Signed for Bayern Munich

Status
Not open for further replies.
Am i rightthinking that for the first time in the hisotry all caftards want a particular player?? We had fans who were against RVPs. Signing....

Thats because its the first time we have tried to sign a midfielder... coincidence?

Am i rightthinking that for the first time in the hisotry all caftards want a particular player?? We had fans who were against RVPs. Signing....

Well not exactly. Out of pure ignorance some people seem to think he's a Number 10 and we've already got Kagawa and Rooney for that position :lol:

What were muppet levels like back during the Ronaldinho saga? God, that must have been painful.

Whilst the news isn't really differing, the source of the news is becoming more mainstream and, in certain cases, reputable.

The fact a wider range of media is reporting it would suggest that the sustained rumours lend themselves to being more reliable.

Perhaps.

Its a good point that I have not seen discussed... How would us acquiring Thiago affect Tom Cleverley?

Because of the sheer volume of games these days, he would get at least 30 games but would Thiago's acquisition mean that Cleverley would have to accept that he was the medium term replacement for Carrick?
Cleverley will get games too. It hinges primarily on what type of midfield Moyes looks to employ. Cleverley is a player more suited to 3-man midfield. I could see him getting more games that way.

Whilst the news isn't really differing, the source of the news is becoming more mainstream and, in certain cases, reputable.

The fact a wider range of media is reporting it would suggest that the sustained rumours lend themselves to being more reliable.

Perhaps.
Or they are sourcing the same rumour. If it picks up like the media frenzy around SAF's retirement being leaked, I'll take notice.

Cleverley will get games too. It hinges primarily on what type of midfield Moyes looks to employ. Cleverley is a player more suited to 3-man midfield. I could see him getting more games that way.

He'll get games anyway, to be honest. He'll still be one of the three best midfielders for two positions. It'll be the likes of Jones and Giggs who lose out in terms of midfield game time, and honestly that's a solution not a problem.

What were muppet levels like back during the Ronaldinho saga? God, that must have been painful.
It was hugely painful when we lost out in the end, but it wasn't as big as it is today simply because we didn't have twitter or youtube and people actually had to do with little .wmv files (sometimes zipped!) Of clips from Ronaldinho in the PSG cup final and some random stuff that lasted a few seconds.

Nah man, it was just a supposed quote from the "source" - not Pep. Bayern are interested i'd say, but they're not as needy for mid-field aquisitions as we are, but we've done the ground-work for a good few years now & hopefully that will prove fruitful..
That's not a Pep quote, it's their "highly placed source" that said that.

My bad, must've misread on first glance.

look at the Nani situation, there are strong vibes he will leave but nothing tangible has transpired so far and that saga has been running longer than the thiago saga. This will run for a while yet.

The word saga is really starting to irritate me.

Spanish word of the day: culebron which means "soap opera"
In Spanish terms, we are not watching a saga instead it's a, "culebron del verano," - a summer soap.

Or they are sourcing the same rumour. If it picks up like the media frenzy around SAF's retirement being leaked, I'll take notice.

Agreed. But someone like the Guardian would have been aware of the rumours that have circulated for the past weeks. They have ignored them all until recently, which would suggest that they believe them to have weight when perhaps they didn't previously.

Agreed. But someone like the Guardian would have been aware of the rumours that have circulated for the past weeks. They have ignored them all until recently, which would suggest that they believe them to have weight when perhaps they didn't previously.

True. But even the Guardian says we believe there's a 'good chance'. And frankly, we've heard enough similar things.

In terms of saga's, we've had far bigger. The only thing which has made this a saga really is twitter with idiots writing crap and people rushing to believe them. There has been so very little news.

True. But even the Guardian says we believe there's a 'good chance'. And frankly, we've heard enough similar things.

In terms of saga's, we've had far bigger. The only thing which has made this a saga really is twitter with idiots writing crap and people rushing to believe them. There has been so very little news.

And agent De Gea's mischief-making.

We have been starved of midfield recruitments and then we are linked with a potential world star at a startlingly good price.

Muppetism is the least we expect. whats mass muppet suicide / deaths called? muppeticide?

Sit back, children, and I shall tell you an Alcantale, a Thaga that has passed from Barcalore into Mythchester: the ItaliaHispanoBraziliad.

2553_10151516951766769_506933806_n.jpg

Okay I have no idea how to put that image in spoilers. Just can't find the spoiler button since the site changed.

Status
Not open for further replies.