Thiago Alcantara | Signed for Bayern Munich

Status
Not open for further replies.
I might be wrong, but I genuinely don't think Moyes will look back at Everton. Not because he doesn't want to loot his old club, more the fact he's at a bigger club now and he's going to enjoy looking at a higher quality of player to sign. Who wouldn't?
So why has he tried to sign Baines?

Do you actually rate him as CB though man? He wouldnt make our team in that position, in my opinion!

Thats the thing about Barca - they dont really have a world-class central defence (apart from Puyol when he's not injured), but the team defend with their lives & dominate possession, so that takes the pressure off the backline somewhat. Just shows you, that if United had more options in mid-field, we'd have coped alot better against them on those Champions League final duals..

No, I don't really rate him and I don't think there's any other team in the world where he could be good at CB. But Barcelona used even Yaya Touré in defence...

So why has he tried to sign Baines?

I'm not convinced he has. It came about a day or two after the Evra story. Just logical speculation from journalists, I reckon.

I don't remember seeing anything regarding Evra in the few days before the Baines reports. Also, unlike the many Thiago 'reports', the Baines ones seemed the genuine kind to me. The way Martinez rushed to say how much he counts on him also speaks volumes.

I don't remember seeing anything regarding Evra in the few days before the Baines reports. Also, unlike the many Thiago 'reports', the Baines ones seemed the genuine kind to me. The way Martinez rushed to say how much he counts on him also speaks volumes.

That's a bit presumptuous don't you think? We have reportedly Xavi and Piqué involved in the Thiago deal, trying to turn his head. Do you reckon the British media reporting is influencing your perception?

I'm curious here.

No, I don't really rate him and I don't think there's any other team in the world where he could be good at CB. But Barcelona used even Yaya Touré in defence...

Either do i man. Cant believe they havent spent any money on the worlds best defenders, given the draw to go to Barca in recent years. I thought Thiago (the other one) Silva was nailed on to join Bartha, but i guess that was a super-duper quick-fire sale to PSG with Zlatan.

Toure is a box-box type though, so that shouldnt be too much hassle for him. Even Keane played there aswell, never thought he was any use to be honest - of course he did a job though. Carrick has done a decent job in there it has to be said too. Very intelligent all-round footballer for us. The quiet man of OT has our respect anyway, thats what matters most!

There were stories emanating about a month ago, that Evra was interested in a return to Monaco for "family reasons" though & one of the first interviews Matinez had, he mentioned that Baines was one of his top assets, & Baines also said that he was lookin forward to workin with him. Muppet train is in overdrive:

Its ON!

That's a bit presumptuous don't you think? We have reportedly Xavi and Piqué involved in the Thiago deal, trying to turn his head. Do you reckon the British media reporting is influencing your perception?

I'm curious here.

This. There's a hell of a lot more evidence that we're after Thiago than that we're after Baines. Quotes from players, from Rosell and from Freixa, amongst others.

I'm curious here.

Oh, I don't mean we're not after Thiago. I just mean that so many of the reports we've had in the last couple of weeks have been rehashes of old stuff, and many others were just twitter crap.

I'm pretty certainly we're after both players. It's just that with Baines, something happened quite recently. With Thiago? Who knows. We've heard we had a deal done with him two weeks ago. Now we're hearing we're nearing a deal...

Oh, I don't mean we're not after Thiago. I just mean that so many of the reports we've had in the last couple of weeks have been rehashes of old stuff, and many others were just twitter crap.

I'm pretty certainly we're after both players. It's just that with Baines, something happened quite recently. With Thiago? Who knows. We've heard we had a deal done with him two weeks ago. Now we're hearing we're nearing a deal...

That's fair mate.

Big week coming up for this one. My guess is Thursday at 3pm

Can we have a caf bet going? Whoever gets closest to the actual signing wins. Choosing we won't sign him is an option.

Has it been discussed which shirt number he would get? As we've been from his dog in a basket in a supermarket, to his father selling his restaurant, to de Gea tapping him up, to following every potential flight from Barcelona, I guess some suggestions wouldn't do too much harm.

I can see him taking Scholes' #22

Whatever number is free followed by Goggs' 11 shirt the following season. If the number isn't retired that is which I think it should be.

Can we have a caf bet going? Whoever gets closest to the actual signing wins. Choosing we won't sign him is an option.

You mean like, who can get closest to Thiago in terms of proximity? Like a stalk-off?

Does wrapping him in a bed sheet make you the winner by default? Just say the word.

You mean like, who can get closest to Thiago in terms of proximity? Like a stalk-off?

Does wrapping him in a bed sheet make you the winner by default? Just say the word.

I worded that poorly. A contest where the caftard who accurately guesses his signing wins. We'll go by United website official announcement. We could guess a 5 hour time window.

Status
Not open for further replies.