Thiago Alcantara | Signed for Bayern Munich

Status
Not open for further replies.
We need stability in the transfer forum, jake. For every muppet, we need an anti muppet. I don't enjoy it, but someone has to do it.

No we don't need anti-muppets, we want to work ourselves into a frenzy until we come suicidally crashing down to earth. No, really we do.

So basically there is a good chance he will move...the only question is are we interested bearing in mind Moyes may prefer Felliani.

Moyes may indeed prefer Fellaini, but hopefully only as an upgrade for Ando and not as the "solution" to our midfield problems.

If we were talking about an all-prem XI player that would be one thing, but I don't like the idea of a new manager bringing in one of his former players to join the club. Can't put my finger on it, but it doesn't feel right to me.

On Alacantara himself, I can't say I've seen genius on the few occasions I've seen him play, but if he's good enough for Barcelona he's more than likelly to be good enough for United -- the keeper position being the notable exception.

I reckon he's moving, there's definitely interest from clubs.

Just don't see it being us.

Cunto we've inquired about the lad from last year. Why would we suddley stop? Please explain or have you just had post muppetry cum syndrome.

Cunto we've inquired about the lad from last year. Why would we suddley stop? Please explain or have you just had post muppetry cum syndrome.

As I've explained, I'm playing the anti muppet in this thread and will continue to do so.

It's not on. Maybe.

Moyes may indeed prefer Fellaini, but hopefully only as an upgrade for Ando and not as the "solution" to our midfield problems.

If we were talking about an all-prem XI player that would be one thing, but I don't like the idea of a new manager bringing in one of his former players to join the club. Can't put my finger on it, but it doesn't feel right to me.

On Alacantara himself, I can't say I've seen genius on the few occasions I've seen him play, but if he's good enough for Barcelona he's more than likelly to be good enough for United -- the keeper position being the notable exception.

Thiago is more an Ando replacement. Not Fellaini.

We need stability in the transfer forum, jake. For every muppet, we need an anti muppet. I don't enjoy it, but someone has to do it.

Reality is there to play the role of the anti-muppet - if anything this forum needs all the muppets it can get until the players in question are inevitably announced as Real Madrid/Chelsea/City/PSG/Monaco players.

Please sir, let us have this time :nervous:

So basically there is a good chance he will move...the only question is are we interested bearing in mind Moyes may prefer Felliani.

Completely different players so signing one isn't dependant on the other. Signing both would be absolutely brilliant IMO but I rate Fellaini a lot higher than some on here.

It's always the same phrases that annoy me, things like "understands" or "led to believe".

Sometimes journalists have to phrase it like that to protect their source. I work with journalists every day and go through the same thing.

Sometimes journalists have to phrase it like that to protect their source. I work with journalists every day and go through the same thing.

They could always say "my unnamed source knows for a fact blah, blah, blah" instead of their usual wishy-washy patter.

They could always say "my unnamed source knows for a fact blah, blah, blah" instead of their usual wishy-washy patter.

No they couldn't because they've been doing it like that for ages and aren't going to change their ways to appease the anxieties of a few football transfer muppets on the internet.

They could just not say anything and wait until they have something concrete. But who then would be able to say 'See everyone! We knew 5 days beforehand after our speculative lies about it in the hope it happened..!'

They could just not say anything and wait until they have something concrete. But who then would be able to say 'See everyone! We knew 5 days beforehand after our speculative lies about it in the hope it happened..!'

Why would they wait if they have credible information. A club source has given them information on background or deep background and they are rightfully going with it (not to be confused with some of the rags who obviously print nonsense).

Maybe I am just cynical. If it goes beyond 'we can't name the source' it's more than likely bullshit (to me, or a 'hopeful lies' punt). If they can't name the source it's not good enough and shouldn't be exposed to the world imo.

Some form of internet scoop or something? I am certainly not buying it in those cases.

Those who think a journo will come out with his source/be more concrete in the public sphere is a bit much in my opinion. Remember the spat between Cass and Fergie? Sir Alex was fuming. Whoever Miguel knows, he's willing to stick his neck out far enough to detail that Rooney is expected to leave. Fellaini, Fabregas and Alcantara are our main targets and that we're likely to sign Thiago. Now it's possible none of these signings come to pass and Rooney stays. Does that mean he was talking bollocks? With transfers, it's really hard to know.

If Moyes manages to get Fabregas (forget Thiago!) I think I would probably love him forever. That being said, it's never going to happen.

@Platato

I am not saying he should or they should. Just that in my case, I am far less likely to believe it unless there is something really concrete. In journalism when there is that little fantasy and nourishment to most articles I think it's a bit sad. (Like I said probably to cynical though)

I tend to just not even bother with the 'is set to', 'could quite possibly', 'is understood to have' articles. I am more of a 'it has just happened and we're reporting it' kind of guy. More kudos there for me than printing a bunch of 'possibility' articles and hoping one sticks and then saying 'HA! see, how great are we!... Predicted and broke it first guys!'

That espn article :lol:
We might or might not sign Fabregas, Thiago and lewandowski..

Anderson's "anticipated" move..
Arsenal might bid for Nani..

Then in my eyes, you dont understand what these blokes are doing then. You're rarely going to get anything concrete until it's officially confirmed. See how when the Fergie retirement rumours came out, despite the numerous reports people still did not believe it. Despite the rumours being very strong, journos mostly used the phrase "is set to".

It's just what they do. If you'd rather wait for further confirmation, that's what you'll have to do.

EDIT: See? Prateik is a perfect example of what I'm talking about.

Regardless, we'll see what happens.

Then in my eyes, you dont understand what these blokes are doing then. You're rarely going to get anything concrete until it's officially confirmed. See how when the Fergie retirement rumours came out, despite the numerous reports people still did not believe it. Despite the rumours being very strong, journos mostly used the phrase "is set to".

It's just what they do. If you'd rather wait for further confirmation, that's what you'll have to do.

Which is why I don't read much of it these days until after things actually happen. To me it's like walking out your front door and having 45 blokes shouting headlines in your face in the hope that you'll stop and talk to the bloke with the information. More often that not he just says 'I hear this is gonna happen'.

Agree with Fergie - but I still said "Wow, I hope hot.. But we'll wait and see. Surely not?..." Stories as big as those I will forgive because it's genuine news... :D

That's fair mate. I just find it funny when people act as if journos don't know have the slightest clue what's going on ALL THE TIME.

He's almost as likely to come as Sneijder was 2 seasons ago.

I read this post, and then wr8's tagline. :lol:

Can someone photoshop Thiago's face onto this picture? It will tide me over until something actually happens.

de+gea+at+old+trafford.jpg

That ass. :drool:

I don't know why but I am convinced that we'll sign him. Smells like the DeGea transfer, where the player kept denying it before eventually signing after the U-21 championship.

He'll be ours!

Those quotes don't say anything about not coming. If anything they sounded like he was definitely leaving but was focused on the U-21's right now and would make a decision after that.
At 22 I could understand his desire to want to leave and I'd be more than happy if United was his destination.

Status
Not open for further replies.