Thiago Alcantara | Signed for Bayern Munich

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can someone photoshop Thiago's face onto this picture? It will tide me over until something actually happens.

de+gea+at+old+trafford.jpg

SkyBet have him at 5/2 to join us.

A lad on RI who knows some of the coaches at United, I've mentioned him before on here over the years, he used to give us the team line up a day before the game, anyway he's been told that

I don't do any work there, just got mates on the coaching staff, they all seem to be ok job wise at the moment. Should start getting more team news again as it was Fergie that put a block on it all from what i can gather, Fabregas is a big possibility but early days.

Revista is tonight on Sky, I'm sure Thiago & Neymar will be covered although it's doubtful anything too revelatory will surface

A lad on RI who knows some of the coaches at United, I've mentioned him before on here over the years, he used to give us the team line up a day before the game, anyway he's been told that

I might be wrong, but doesn't Arsenal have first dibs on Fabregas if he decides to leave Barcelona? I think I read that somewhere.

Damn it, I just had my first "She can't take the strain captain" of Muppet-season. Honestly did think something was going on.

:(

I think if he is to leave, then I would say we are the most probable destination.

You just gotta hope one of the oil-rich mobs don't gazump what we can offer him moneywise. I'd be gutted if he gets snapped up for less than £20million and it wasn't by us, after all this "no value in the market" and whatnot. His age, ability and availability represent great value.

A very exciting prospect though. If we signed him, I think the excitement I had when we signed RvP would be matched. I was buzzing the night that news was revealed. I'd also give even less of a feck of Rooney left. If we got Thiago plus one more great signing, I don't think I'd even care if Rooney signed for City.

Sod the U21 Euros. Stick a bleedin' contract on the boys nose.

I think a lot of the no value in the market tends to come down mainly to player wages and agent fees, as well as signing on bonuses as well I assume.

I think a lot of the no value in the market tends to come down mainly to player wages and agent fees, as well as signing on bonuses as well I assume.

Absolutely. With him being young and relatively unproven to an extent, I can't see him commanding gargantuan wages, but obviously the oil-rich titans are willing to pay anyone anything if it means beating a rival to the punch. Or perhaps I'm just getting a bit too antsy :p

I do think that if he leaves Barca (still very much a big if), PSG and Monaco will be our biggest competition for his signature. I would have said City, but whilst they still offer the big money, they no longer really have that 'project' appeal - they spent the money, won some trophies, and then levelled out uninspiringly. Spending now will only be a case of replacing expensive stars with different expensive stars.

I might be wrong, but doesn't Arsenal have first dibs on Fabregas if he decides to leave Barcelona? I think I read that somewhere.

All that means is if they accept a offer they have to give Arsenal the opportunity to match it, at the end of the day though it would be up to Fabregas who he joins he couldn't be forced into signing for Arsenal but Barca have to give them the opportunity to bid.

Doesn't that simply mean that most people have bet on that? Aren't the odds hugely affected by how many people bet?

Yup, or if a irregular bet is placed, such as a big sum of 5k or whatever, word goes round and they drop the odds to cover their arse.

Well atleast he mentioned City too. Means we have a chance with Balague's rate of predictions.

Same quotes that we've already seen. Basically, no one will know anything until the Euros are over.

My absurd optimism will not be moved!

BBC News on 26th May 2011 - "De Gea denies Manchester United deal is imminent". Just ignore that Fergie'd said we were signing him already dammit!

This is on like Donkey Kong.

So basically there is a good chance he will move...the only question is are we interested bearing in mind Moyes may prefer Felliani.

We need stability in the transfer forum, jake. For every muppet, we need an anti muppet. I don't enjoy it, but someone has to do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.