Thiago Alcantara | Signed for Bayern Munich

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not only from PSG but from Leonardo himself, ex-São Paulo star and board member. He knew Lucas from a long time, and was kind of an idol to the kid. That's the only reason he didn't came to United.

that and the fact they offered 4 times the wages. and double the overall package throughout.

To be fair, unless you were present at the contract negotiations, you dont have a clue who offered what.

It became public knowledge very quickly the contents of the deal, including his wages and transfer fees so no, you don't have to be present at the contract negotiations. As much as we deride the media for all their bullshit they do also tell the truth a lot of the time.

To be fair, unless you were present at the contract negotiations, you dont have a clue who offered what.

Excellent logic.

Nobody should ever speculate on fees and wages because media doesn't have a clue and they're not present at contract negotiations. Well done.

Thiago Alcántara is facing an uncertain future. The 22 year old still does not know whether to continue at the club or where to play next season. The big clubs in Europe have set their eyes on him since his release clause, set at 90 million, is down this summer to 18 million have not played 60% of games.
Thiago has spoken at the rally with the Spanish U-21 before leaving for Israel to contest the European Championship. "European After, we'll see how it turns everything" , has been said about whether he will continue in the Camp Nou next season .
"We are waiting to play the last league game and thinking about ending my best and then come back here wanting to play European" , said the player.
However, pesea have an uncertain future, says not at all concerned with his future. "Like, I sleep, I live my life and am very happy. really enjoy in Barcelona because I have lived a very good and we'll see after how European gives everything " he explains.
On the words of De Gea on that you would like to see him with the shirt of Manchester United midfielder joked. "Each partner wants the best for his team. Like I said hopefully come to Barca, he says the same thing Me. I believe that is a time of laughter and no getting around it " he says.
"Valdes is the best goalkeeper in history"
"As I said, you never want a player of the stature of Valdes comes out, is the best goalkeeper in the history of Barca, has given us so many titles is worth your progress, but it will and must be respected " , recognized.
And finally celebrate the arrival of his compatriot Neymar to Barcelona. "We always want the best for our team and Neymar it is. do not know you, like you know your style and the way they play, is a formidable player " , concludes.

Thiago: "After European, we'll see how it turns everything"

Whats the point in speculating?

To be fair, gambit wasn't speculating.

What's the point in the transfer forum then?

Isn't all of this speculating?

Unlike the rest of in here, which is full of sense.

According the Glaston, using the words "we" signifies that the player is definitely staying. So the fact Thiago didn't use that word surely means he's leaving, and joining United.

SURELY!?

I have to post this. I haven't seen it posted in here. I remember watching this last season. Unbelievable.

Nik Postinger ‏@TouchlineDrama

Mundo Deportivo say Guardiola's Bayern won't be triggering Thiago Alcântara's Barça release clause. Manchester United in pole position then.

I think if he is to leave, then I would say we are the most probable destination. I mean, we are desperate for a center midfielder, he's young and we've apparently tracked him for a while. It's not as if we've come out of the blue this month wanting him just because there's rumours he might leave.

With that being said, I think the only thing that tickles my doubt is whether or not he'll leave Barca. If it's nailed on, then fine - I'd be quite confident. But it doesn't really seem to be nailed on to leave. Despite him holding up that shirt after the previous La Liga game with something like "Thanks for the moments" or something, his quotes since then doesn't really strengthen the possibility of him leaving.

I hope I'm just being pessimistic. I just really want this guy. He'd be fan-fecking-tastic.

What fecking good does it do to make up figures that we probably offered a player? It's one of the most pointless discussions to have.

Who's making up figures. Everything we get is from media and the news around. Some people fall into it's all bollocks unless you were there you don't know so can't comment on it. The other you gather as much information as you can from the various sources and use that. We know from the time what was being reported in fees and wages.

Everyone acts that unless you were present in the room and have signed affidavits your not allowed to give an opinion.

Everyone kept saying Rooney was never on £200k a week and the media was spouting bollocks again, looks like it was right though. Someone will still say though unless we see his wage slip it's still bollocks.

At the time from the various media we were offering about €30mil with £50k a week wages.Paris St German offered €45 mil and £200k a week. I've not plucked these figures from thin air.

It was an obscure Caf reference. FCBarca made a similar comment about Kagawa posing for a picture 'sticking ones up'

Oh right, I thought you were being serious.

Who's making up figures. Everything we get is from media and the news around. Some people fall into it's all bollocks unless you were there you don't know so can't comment on it. The other you gather as much information as you can from the various sources and use that. We know from the time what was being reported in fees and wages.

Everyone acts that unless you were present in the room and have signed affidavits your not allowed to give an opinion.

Everyone kept saying Rooney was never on £200k a week and the media was spouting bollocks again, looks like it was right though. Someone will still say though unless we see his wage slip it's still bollocks.

At the time from the various media we were offering about €30mil with £50k a week wages.Paris St German offered €45 mil and £200k a week. I've not plucked these figures from thin air.

KM is the one that said we are here to speculate on figures, but I don't see what the point is. The Rooney thing highlights how everything about wages should be took with a pinch of salt. They range his wages at between £150k-300k depending on which paper you read. That's a possible 50% increase! It's just madness and the reality is that, in most cases, nobody has the faintest of ideas.

Unbelievable would be 2:13 on the video FcBarca put on page 22. Oh my.

When I first picked that moment out I thought the trick was just a roulette. But if you watch carefully, it's actually a flip-flap (elastic, whatever) leading into a roulette. The feint sends the guy the wrong way, and the roulette turns him. It's also special because the roulette is so crisp. You barely see it happen - one second he's in front of the player, and the next he's a couple of yards beyond him.

Fαptαstic.

KM is the one that said we are here to speculate on figures, but I don't see what the point is. The Rooney thing highlights how everything about wages should be took with a pinch of salt. They range his wages at between £150k-300k depending on which paper you read. That's a possible 50% increase! It's just madness and the reality is that, in most cases, nobody has the faintest of ideas.

We don't know for sure we do have a general idea. One thing we have learnt over the years is that money does play a big part in players choices of destination. If it didn't then Man City would still have Stephen Ireland as their star player as the likes of Aguero wouldn't be touching them with a barge pole.

Might be contract haggling from Mazinho too. MD had an article basically saying the club has let the player know they count on and have confidence in Thiago going forward but won't be improving his contract or the buyout fee

Odd but appears the club are not positioning themselves to beg for the player to stay or accomodate his wishes

Bah, as transfer muppetry goes this is very tame. We should start randomly guessing what date he'll make the announcement on twitter, that was fun last year.

Bah, as transfer muppetry goes this is very tame. We should start randomly guessing what date he'll make the announcement on twitter, that was fun last year.

Wait till the Ronaldo and Bale sagas kick into full gear.

Status
Not open for further replies.