Thiago Alcantara | Signed for Bayern Munich

Status
Not open for further replies.
If his release clause is altered based on the last game, very strange that he wont be playing in it. Maybe he said he will be staying regardless so barca are not bothered.

However if he has said he leaving, you would expect them to play him as they can get more then £15m for him.

If his release clause is altered based on the last game, very strange that he wont be playing in it. Maybe he said he will be staying regardless so barca are not bothered.

However if he has said he leaving, you would expect them to play him as they can get more then £15m for him.

They don't really have a choice now, he's gone to the u21s.

Forcing him to miss an opportunity to impress people in the national set up - important as he tries to force his way into the incredibly competetive national first team - would hardly help the club win him over.

Maybe Barca know that no one is going to pay 90 million for whether he plays the last game or not. It's a stupid figure.

Him and Strootman would be 12'3FKAFJAIH.

Okay looks like he's been given permission to join up with the Barca team for the weekend. It's off :(

"Spanish U21 players will be released from Wednesday to Sunday, which means Montoya, Bartra, Thiago and Tello are available for Malaga game."

Okay looks like he's been given permission to join up with the Barca team for the weekend. It's off :(

"Spanish U21 players will be released from Wednesday to Sunday, which means Montoya, Bartra, Thiago and Tello are available for Malaga game."

Why are you still under the impression that the clause says matches rather than minutes? I thought Damien clarified this earlier.

To be honest, I don't think it would make a huge difference. If the player has decided he wants to leave and we're serious about signing him, we'll make an offer regardless of what his release clause is. Slight disappointment but I don't think that this would mean any potential deal is dead in the water.

Why are you still under the impression that the clause says matches rather than minutes? I thought Damien clarified this earlier.

I must have missed this. So if it's minutes then I doubt him playing at the weekend will make any difference really.

Barca would either have to be monumentally retarded to have allowed this to happen or else they just assumed he wouldn't want to leave. Just don't see him moving for such a low fee myself - seems too good to be true. Although if Barca do sell and we're interested I think we'd have a good chance of getting him over most other clubs.

Hm let's try this scenario. Fergie chooses not to sign midfielders as he knows his retirement date is approaching. With his replacement already in mind, Sir Alex is aware of the discontent that could result regarding his successor. As a result, he concocts a master plan not to sign any CMs until he steps down so that when the new manager comes in, we get some quality CMs and everyone goes home happy.

daft i know

Has Neymar taken the 11 shirt officially?

Nope. He'll be presented to fans likely on June 3 which is when they usually accompany that with the kit presentation. Of course, him getting #11 won't necessarily mean Thiago is gone, IMO.

Nope. He'll be presented to fans likely on June 3 which is when they usually accompany that with the kit presentation. Of course, him getting #11 won't necessarily mean Thiago is gone, IMO.

What the local news/rumors in Barca FCB regarding Thiago? Is he staying or leaving?

Nothing more than I've posted really with June 18th being the date we're likely to hear something. Keep an eye out for Mazinho being interviewed because he has a hard time keeping his mouth shut although with a possible transfer looming maybe he will exhibit some self control.

Interestingly enough, Rafinha's extension talks have been ongoing around the same time and the reality is that they are inextricably linked. News of his extension might ease the concerns of culés like myself re: Thiago.

Hm let's try this scenario. Fergie chooses not to sign midfielders as he knows his retirement date is approaching. With his replacement already in mind, Sir Alex is aware of the discontent that could result regarding his successor. As a result, he concocts a master plan not to sign any CMs until he steps down so that when the new manager comes in, we get some quality CMs and everyone goes home happy.

daft i know

Thsnodatabathaaa

daft i know

I'd say it was far more likely that he knew, whilst our midfield was lacking, the likes of Carrick and Giggs could carry it for the meantime whilst instead he invested in wingers and strikers, an area in which he had a far better track record for purchases.

:lol:

Goal.com reports that the 22-year-old has a staggering £77 million release clause in his contract, which is very hard to see United paying. However, according to the report, United officials are confident a bid in the £15 million range would be enough to convince Barca to sell. However, it's still a lot of money to pay for a player that doesn't fit their system that well.

it's quite amazing that they're the most popular footie site in the entire world, the shit they come out with is fecking staggering sometimes. it's like they're run by a bunch of 12 year olds who sit in a room discussing their dreams and then put it down in articles.

it's quite amazing that they're the most popular footie site in the entire world, the shit they come out with is fecking staggering sometimes. it's like they're run by a bunch of 12 year olds who sit in a room discussing their dreams and then put it down in articles.

It's ran for a bunch of 12 year olds. It's not written for anyone with half a brain, it's written for kids who believe anything and those donuts you seem to hear over everyone at the pub. The ones that still harp on about De Gea being a dodgey keeper and other stupid myths/idioms.

They write simple articles that idiots lap up and they get hit after hit.

They 'employ' an absolute shit load of unpayed interns - which shows.

Status
Not open for further replies.